GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,286
3 members and 1,283 guests
g41965, Xidelt

Old 03-31-2007, 02:46 PM

I can't believe none of my sisters have yet responded to this question! Where are you, DZs???

Anhyoo...
Our colors are rose and green and our official flower is the Killarney Rose
Old 03-31-2007, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Phi Mu:

Colors- Rose and white

Flower- Pink carnation
Old 03-31-2007, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1908Revelations View Post
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but does your sorority or other NPC sororities get to decide what colors you wear on para on a chapter by chapter basis?

You can wear pretty much whatever colors you want with your letters. We don't have to get our letters in our GLO's colors only. I had hoodies in pink/white, gray/purple, black/red, and baby blue/white. My big was a HUGE Lakers fan so as a birthday gift, all her lil's chipped in and got her a white sweatshirt with the yellow & purple letters. It wasn't my favorite choice but she loved it.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
Mode is basically beige. Until recently, most Gamma Phi chapters had 'chapter colors' (mine were red and royal blue)because brown and beige just aren't very exciting. Now that pink has been added - suddenly we're cool! Brown and pink is everywhere! I am so happy to finally be able to wear my colors and not feel like a baked potato.
FYI - the first Gamma Phi Beta colors were dark and light blue - they were changed in honor of Dr. Brown, who was instrumental in our founding.
So wait, is Pink official or not? I've always like the "brown and beige" but our GPhis only had one shirt in that color.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post
No. We can pretty much wear any colors we want. I understand that NPHC members only wear para in their org's colors, is that correct?
OK I was confused. Thanks for clearing that up.

As for NPHC we only wear our official colors. So AKA colors are Salmon Pink and Apple Green, but we may have a shirt or jacket that is black, white, silver/grey, green, pink, or khaki, but the letters are always pink and/or green.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1908Revelations View Post
OK I was confused. Thanks for clearing that up.

As for NPHC we only wear our official colors. So AKA colors are Salmon Pink and Apple Green, but we may have a shirt or jacket that is black, white, silver/grey, green, pink, or khaki, but the letters are always pink and/or green.
What my sistergreek said.

Delta has certain colors that are allowed as background or "anchor"colors, but the letters will be in the official colors--crimson and/or cream. Red and white can be substituted.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 03-31-2007, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
What my sistergreek said.

Delta has certain colors that are allowed as background or "anchor"colors, but the letters will be in the official colors--crimson and/or cream. Red and white can be substituted.
And this is why I have never understood those "we look good in any color" shirts that some NPHC members have ...
Old 03-31-2007, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
So wait, is Pink official or not? I've always like the "brown and beige" but our GPhis only had one shirt in that color.
No, pink is not an official color of Gamma Phi Beta. It is still brown and mode. Pink has been added as the unofficial color. But as many of you know, Gamma Phis around the world have used pink for a long time...for instance when you go to a store that sells greek stuff, the Gamma Phi stuff is always pink and white. I'm guessing that's because brown + brown just isn't very pretty. Maybe we'll start seeing more brown + pink stuff now.

I have been told that "mode" is actually just a lighter shade of another color.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:47 AM
GreekChat Member

At Convention this year, when they presented the new logo for Gamma Phi Beta, pink was described as "our new color" - let me see if I can find the announcement - it may be "semi official"??? I know there are very specific requirements for the color pink to be used with the new logo.
At the very least, IHQ has now specified specific pinks to be used with our traditional colors.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Gamma Phi Beta Media Kit --

Gamma Phi Beta. Connect. Impact. Shine.
http://www.gammaphibeta.org/news/press/media.asp

Just as the moon goes through phases, so do we. Gamma Phi Beta has entered into a new phase, and we are on the horizon of one of the most important and exciting times in Gamma Phi Beta's history in the way we communicate.

Now we have a new brand embracing our shades of brown and pink. Our new logo shows the clean lines of our crescent moon, while our new typestyle forms the earth's horizon below. Our rich heritage and tradition are intact as we see the waxing crescent moon above horizon ever-growing and ever-changing.

###
Very appealing!
Old 04-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up

Hey, that's cool, everyone here is wearing chocolate and pink!

I also found out this week that one of my favorite childhood authors, Maud Hart Lovelace, was a Gamma Phi!
Old 04-01-2007, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Lambda Chi Alpha:

Colors, Purple, Green, and Gold.

Flower, White Rose.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 04-01-2007, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Since this seems to be getting a little press and is being spoken in error.

Yes, pink is being used in our logo and our branding. However, NO it is not an official color in ANY way, shape or form. The only official colors we have are brown and mode.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
At Convention this year, when they presented the new logo for Gamma Phi Beta, pink was described as "our new color" - let me see if I can find the announcement - it may be "semi official"??? I know there are very specific requirements for the color pink to be used with the new logo.
At the very least, IHQ has now specified specific pinks to be used with our traditional colors.
We would have to vote on it in order for it to become official and that has not happened.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTRen13 View Post
And this is why I have never understood those "we look good in any color" shirts that some NPHC members have ...
I have never seen those shirts on the internet or in person. So would they (NPHC orgs) have their letters on other colors that are beyond the basic anchor colors (black, white, silver, khaki)?