GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Xi Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 2,363
2 members and 2,361 guests
Cookiez17, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 01-21-2002, 02:12 AM
GreekChat Member

St. Jude's Children's Hospital:Up Till Dawn Fundraiser

Dear Sisters,
Here at SWT, Delta Psi is currently getting ready for our upcoming St Jude's Up till Dawn Fundraiser. It is similar to a lock-in that all greeks take part in. Our Delta Psi chapter has 3 teams and each team needs to raise $1,000 dollars each. We are having some tough times raising all of the money because we are competing to get donations with 28 other teams. If you have any ideas or would like information on the program let me know. Also if your chapter would like to help out I can get you all the paper work. This program is across the US at many campuses and there are may GC posts on it already. It truly is a great experience! I figured I would ask my sisters for some good advice! I am also the new Alumni relations chair and in the past this is one thing that our chapet has had a tough time with, mainly because our alumni always move out of the area. If ya'll have any good ideas on that line let me know also!
Xi Love Always,
TFJ
Carey Blair
St. Judes Coordinator, Alumni Relations Chair
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-23-2002, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello! I am an Alpha Phi at St. Mary's in San Antonio. One of my sisters is the one who is running the whole Up 'Til Dawn program on campus. We are near the end of the program; the grand finale is Feb. 15th - 16th.

Some of the fund-raisers we have done that worked well were:

1. "Buy a kiss and get a hug" - Basically, you just sell Hershey's Hugs at .50 a piece with a little paper saying "Have a hug" Just for you" or something along those lines. This would be great since Valentine's day is coming up.

2. Car wash

3. Donation cans - As an option, we could put these at businesses and pick up the money weekly. This has helped a lot. One of our sisters had tons of change and filled up a whole can on her own!

4. We did the letter-writing campaign through UTD which was great! Helped out a lot!

5. We attempted to do a BBQ plate sale, but it did not work out. I do not suggest doing one b/c they take a lot of work and in order to make a decent profit, you need to have everything donated. It is a pain in the butt to have to call around everywhere asking for donations.

Hope this helps out some!!
Old 01-27-2002, 01:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks

Thanks so much for the ideas. A car wash is in the works as of right now and our Exec. board for UTD is going to be coming to ya'lls UTD night, including myself. I'll see ya there!
Carey
Old 01-27-2002, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh really?? Have you spoken with someone from St. Mary's named Lynette? She is one of my sisters and the Director of I'm not too sure. Haha. Anyhow, she helped to bring UTD to St. Mary's! She is an awesome person and if you have any questions regarding UTD, she would be more than happy to help you! If you need any contact info, you can PM me. Can't wait 'til the finale!

Last edited by SATX*APhi; 04-09-2004 at 05:55 AM.