GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 957
0 members and 957 guests
No Members online

Old 07-21-2013, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I am in stats overload/minor panic attack. My entire academic career rests on this 4 hour stats test. I am freaking out. What if I can't remember any of it when I sit down to start typing? I guess I will find out in 10 hours.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:37 PM
Banned

If I had to have a woman crush, it would be Helen Mirren. Love her.

The Real Housewives of New Jersey has the best real fights since the earlier seasons of The Real World. I think that fight was definitely not planned by the producers. Teresa's husband had a bloody nose. That's as cool as when Jerry Springer used to have bloody fist fights. Now that the fight has ended, I shall change the channel because I only watched for the violence. Yep. Oh and Kathy's husband is cute.

Last edited by DrPhil; 07-21-2013 at 11:46 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUHoosiergirl88 View Post
Breaking up is hard to do
((((((((((((((((((((Sister)))))))))))))))))))

Sitting around, waiting for Dr. Who and celebrating National Ice Cream Day with my DH!
Old 07-22-2013, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
Sitting around, waiting for Dr. Who
You have a long wait. It's only July - no new Doctor Who until the 50th anniversary on 11/23/2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDLynn View Post
Hubby finally bought a "new" car!! <snip> His 2002 Honda has 345k! May sell it to his bro for $200.
Your husband and my husband must be long-lost cousins. My husband has 100000+ miles on his 2007 Nissan Murano (a very sturdy car, I must say - he was rear ended a couple of years ago, and all he had to do was replace the rear bumper - the other car turned into an accordion). He's bound and determined to drive that car into the ground (read: 150K miles). Meantime, my car (a 2007 Acura) just hit 14K miles. (I work from home, so my commute pretty much consists of rolling out of bed and walking into the office. )

BTW, the other day I was caught at a red light behind a Nissan Murano ... convertible. A crossover SUV convertible?? I snapped a pic with my phone and showed it to my husband. I strongly suspect that, when he does hit 150K miles with his Murano, his next vehicle will be the convertible. I have informed him in no uncertain terms that he does NOT get the "21-year-old blonde bimbo with ginormous breasts" option. He's gonna have to stick with the 30-something brunette wife option.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
How long is that drive? I hear you on the new car. I got mine too. I actually decided against the Dodge Dart and I bought a Honda Accord instead. So far, I really like it. How did yours drive?
It's about 720 miles. ETA: (left about 4:30 pm got to St. Paul around 3:30 am. Construction/traffic was bad)

Great choice on your car, especially if you plan on keeping it long after it's paid off. Honda Accords are nice. I've never been a big fan on the styling from previous models, but I love the styling on the 13s. Which model did you get? As for my car, it drove great. I'm really enjoying it.
Romans 1:16

Last edited by PrettyBoy; 07-22-2013 at 04:58 AM.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
It's about 720 miles. ETA: (left about 4:30 pm got to St. Paul around 3:30 am. Construction/traffic was bad)

Great choice on your car, especially if you plan on keeping it long after it's paid off. Honda Accords are nice. I've never been a big fan on the styling from previous models, but I love the styling on the 13s. Which model did you get? As for my car, it drove great. I'm really enjoying it.
Just a 4-door LX. I plan on driving it until the doors fall off because I hate car notes. I couldn't drive all night like that though. I would've stayed in a hotel or something. Otherwise, I'd fall asleep.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post
You have a long wait. It's only July - no new Doctor Who until the 50th anniversary on 11/23/2013.
In our household, all Doctor Who shows MUST be watched, whether it's for the first time or the six thousand and first time. One of us loves it, the other tolerates it. And yes, 11/23/2103 has been "circled" in a bright blue square!

I'm sure that I could be more depressed (and this has nothing to do with Doctor Who), but I really don't want to find out. Climbing into bed and pulling the covers up over my head sounds like a very good option right now!
Old 07-22-2013, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

It was an excellent massage, thanks - but trying to sell me on your "wellness plan" while you work out my knots... maybe not the smoothest move.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

My last day at current job is Wednesday, then home for a stressful long weekend for my mother's 70th birthday party. In the interim, my current office moved so there's all kinds of chaos going on with a new phone system, different office arrangements etc. So I don't want to be the squeaky wheel about my email and printer problems, but I am actually doing work for the next 3 days. Web based email SUCKS, especially with my beloved (not) Windows 8, but for no reason I can understand, my work email is not connecting with my Outlook. Only being able to have 1 email open at a time is a huge bummer. So here's me killing a tree. My workaround will be printing EVERYTHING.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
In our household, all Doctor Who shows MUST be watched, whether it's for the first time or the six thousand and first time. One of us loves it, the other tolerates it. And yes, 11/23/2103 has been "circled" in a bright blue square!
LOL! I love it!

But, 2103? it's hard enough to wait 4 months, never mind 90 years.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:41 PM

Note to self: No matter what the boss tells you to do, do NOT give the root password for a production server to a junior software engineer who doesn't know what the fuck he's doing.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
LOL! I love it!

But, 2103? it's hard enough to wait 4 months, never mind 90 years.
Eh, that's that wibbly-wobbly-timey-whimy thing. 4 months, 90 years, same difference.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:55 PM

^ aephi alum likes this.

(GC so needs a "like" button.)
Old 07-22-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Note to self: No matter what the boss tells you to do, do NOT give the root password for a production server to a junior software engineer who doesn't know what the fuck he's doing.
Ouch. That could not have been pleasant.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

After working back to back shifts, you picked the wrong day to complain to me about your wants. I have nothing left to give today. Try again tomorrow.