GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,119
3 members and 2,116 guests
3DGator, zashlytopo8836

Old 05-25-2003, 03:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sugar and spice
Yall are so cute! I remember that last summer I was just as excited as you are. I should go dig up my diary from last summer and see if I have any good pre-rush entries.
Yes, and then you should post them.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-25-2003, 08:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Thumbs up

sugar and spice, that might be really helpful for some of the PNMs
Old 05-25-2003, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

SIDENOTE

LeslieAGD - congrats on graduation!
Old 05-25-2003, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to UFgirl
I know exactly how you ladies feel! I didn't rush all that long ago, but it seems like FOREVER ago. I registered with greekchat a few months before my formal rush and all I did was post about how excited I was. Seeing ya'lls posts brought back some great memories. Stay excited! you're going to have so much fun. Believe me when I tell you the sisters are just as excited/nervous as you are, especially if it's their first year on that side. So just keep up the positive attitudes and you'll go far. This is going to be my very last rush as an undergrad I'm totally sad because I am one of those people that loves rush!
Old 05-25-2003, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
You guys are so psyched for rush now. I can't imagine how you will be in August.
Old 05-25-2003, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PixieChickMTSU
Yes, DEFINITELY excited! I get more and more excited by the day! I even found myself defending sorority girls today at lunch. The people I was with claimed that by being in a sorority you are just "buying" your friends. Hey- that may be some peoples way of thinking but that totally NOT why I want to do it. I just LOVE being involved and being part of a unified group..ya know?! but hey- thanks for all yalls excitment!!! YAYA!

Kara
Old 05-25-2003, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Cream
You guys are so psyched for rush now. I can't imagine how you will be in August.
Thrilled. Nervous. Terrified. Bouncing off the walls. Spending way too much time at the mall looking for a perfect pair of shoes for a dress that we hope is perfect for pref. Annoying the crap out of GC alums asking for advice. Pleading with God that we get into the sorority of our dreams. Changing our mind as to what the sorority of our dreams is. In other words, we will be complete emotional basket cases.
Old 05-25-2003, 07:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
When I rushed, I didn't have GC or the internet as a resource. Yeah, I'm old school. I just showed up in the Union one day with my roommate. We saw signs for rush and decided to check it out. I didn't really invest too much time in rush so I wasn't nervous. I certainly wasn't preparing for it on Memorial Day Weekend or even Labor Day Weekend. I had no recs and had no one in my family who was 'greek' so I was definitely a pioneer. I didn't know enough to be nervous until I was waiting for bids. It all worked out better than I had expected. I hope that all of you going through rush have as positive an experience as I did.
Old 05-25-2003, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AZpinkkittie
Sooooo excited. I have been putting together my outfits in my head for a week now (ever since I got my Greek Life mailer with pics of girls as examples of what to wear) and I have been to the website of every GLO on my campus gathering info. I am also not only the only one in my family, but the only one I've ever known/hung out with. None of my friends, from High school or otherwise has ever considered the idea, although my best friend Lauren has been the most supportive (for my birthday she got me shorts that have U of A across the butt. She said since I was rushing I should have a pair because "they are a pre-requisite for being a sorority girl." ) August is gonna be here before we know it and I can not wait!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2003, 09:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Please don't start obsessing about clothes. You don't have to go out and buy new wardrobes. I didn't buy a single new item of clothing for rush, and I still got my first choice. Use your rush information packets and your rush counselors as guides. Above all, wear comfortable shoes! Your clothing should be comfortable, too. Nothing too tight, nothing with straps you have to keep fooling with, nothing you'll have to keep readjusting all day, nothing fussy. You want clothes you can put on and forget about. Anybody rushing in the late summer needs to wear cool clothes. The houses/suites may be air-conditioned, but you may have 200 girls packed into a room at the same time. It gets stuffy, to say the least.
Old 05-25-2003, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AZpinkkittie
I totally hear what you're saying Silverblue. I just happen to be one of those people who plans their outfits for events weeks in advance (I had first-week-of-school clothes planned in May ). My rush in late August. We are talking 100 degree heat with left over monsoon humidity. Comfy is the very first thing on my mind. But for someone who doesn't know what to expect AT ALL, clothes are at least the one thing I can be really prepared for, since rush really is different everywhere