GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Omicron Pi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,467
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Bioxtrim
» Online Users: 1,452
2 members and 1,450 guests
atylerlttleoz15, Xidelt

Old 10-06-2005, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AOII*Azra-elle
I only preffed AOII, I knew I was home at that point.
I know that she'll be there if ever I need her.
I know that our friendship is true.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-09-2005, 10:30 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm with AOII*Azra-elle. I only preffed AOII, but I knew that I only needed to pref AOII. No reason in going to a party that is somewhere that just doesn't feel like home.

Last edited by AOIIalum; 11-16-2005 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ruhbekuhaopi
I only preffed AOII.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

My cousin was a Pi Phi and I had always admired her growing up. Because she was family, I knew she wouldn't steer me wrong. And although, I knew a lot of AOII's when I went through rush (last year before it became recruitment), I was afraid to let them influence my decision.

I remember sitting in that room in Lincoln Hall (at U of IL), having to literally spin a pencil to pick my pref. I said, if it goes this way, I'll pref Pi Phi first, if it goes this way, I'll pref AOII first. Even though I preffed Pi Phi first (only by luck of the spin), when I opened my bid from AOII I knew without a doubt that that was were I was really supposed to be! Those AOII girls I knew welcomed me home with open arms to my new family! One of them even become my big sis! My cousin sent me red roses the next day
Old 01-09-2006, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Where did you pref?

I prefed AOII and Kappa Alpha Theta.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I prefed Phi Mu (I'm a fourth generation legacy, and my grandmother chartered the chapter at NSU), ASA, and AOII. AOII was the best, of course!
Old 11-22-2006, 10:45 PM
GreekChat Member

i preffed Chi-O, SDT and of course..AOII
Old 11-23-2006, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahanne View Post
I prefed Phi Mu (I'm a fourth generation legacy, and my grandmother chartered the chapter at NSU), ASA, and AOII. AOII was the best, of course!
I just read your post. That is an interesting fact about your grandmother. Of course, we are happy that you chose AOII!
Old 11-23-2006, 09:52 PM
GreekChat Member

It caused quite a stir with my grandmother and aunts and what-not. My aunt (who was a charter member of the same chapter) was totally mad at the Phi Mu chapter and wrote letters to their nationals. I didn't think it was such a big deal (still isn't to me, c'est la vie)! The only reason I wanted Phi Mu was because I was legacy, the girls there were awesome, and still are, but not for me. Besides, our chapter "lodge" is bigger and it has a fireplace!
Old 08-16-2007, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to WildcatAOII
I did COR. Got a bid from DZ...but didn't accept.

Waited a while and went through formal recruitment...had my heart set on a chapter. My best friend and summer roomie was a sister there. Got released from that chapter. Decided sorority life was not for me. Dropped out of recruitment.

Waited a while and did COR. Got invites from KD and AOII. Went to Watermelon Bust and attended Monday night dinner at AOII. I was excited because there was this really cool girl in my nursing class who was an AOII..and she was so friendly and nice to everyone. A new member whispered to me at Watermelon Bust (when I was apprehensive about getting in the mud)..."These girls aren't like that. We don't care about messed up manicures!" I smiled and knew that I had found my home!
Old 08-16-2007, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I only Prefed ADPi

First Finest Forever
ADP
Old 08-16-2007, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

some of you might know my story - I will do a retro recruitment in a couple weeks after the hoopla died down, because it was hell but ended great.

I preffed:
1. DZ
2. ADPi
3. AOII

Completely dirty rushed at ADPi but put DZ first because I thought they were socially a better house and that I would definitely get ADPi if I didn't get DZ.

I told myself on Bid Day if I got AOII I was not pledging so I was miserable!!! But I toughed it out and changed my tune and never looked back.

Crazy, amazing story but it was rough.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniMeg View Post
some of you might know my story - I will do a retro recruitment in a couple weeks after the hoopla died down, because it was hell but ended great.

I preffed:
1. DZ
2. ADPi
3. AOII

Completely dirty rushed at ADPi but put DZ first because I thought they were socially a better house and that I would definitely get ADPi if I didn't get DZ.

I told myself on Bid Day if I got AOII I was not pledging so I was miserable!!! But I toughed it out and changed my tune and never looked back.

Crazy, amazing story but it was rough.
I want to make sure to say I definitely ended up where I needed to be. My 18 year old mind was too focused on what others where saying and reputations, especially at such a large greek campus where everything is socially stratified, that I didn't know how to find the right fit.

Sometimes I think 18 year olds should not be picking majors or rushing because there is too much noise that blocks out what the heart wants.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I only pref'd AOII...not that it was my choice. I was cut by every other group after I went around talking about my sister at all their parties! Who would have thought they'd assume I was going AOII?! Anyway, my sister pref'd AOII and Phi Mu the year before. I remember she called home crying after filling out her bid card because she had put Phi Mu first and was afraid she'd made a mistake. My mom comforted her and said she was sure it would all work out fine. The next day she got a bid to AOII and was thrilled. Things did work out fine...so I guess Mama was right!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 08-26-2007, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

i pref'd Aoii, Alpha Chi, and DZ, but sucided aoii