GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,467
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Bioxtrim
» Online Users: 1,454
0 members and 1,454 guests
No Members online

Old 06-02-2001, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverTurtle
Cool Creative Socials/Mixers/Party Ideas...

Ok, since zeteboy thinks we should talk more in this forum ...

Anyone have a truly unique idea for mixers, parties, etc.?

Something you've never heard of any other chapter/GLO doing anywhere?

------------------
SilverTurtle@greekchat.com

Phi Beta Fraternity: National Professional Association for the Creative & Performing Arts
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-03-2001, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm sure other chapters might do this, but we have a party called Sex on the Beach. We fill the basement with sand and rent a 15-20 person hot tub for the weekend. It just sits outside, and really feels nice when it's a little cold out
Old 06-05-2001, 09:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Okay-- not sure if you've heard of this one before, but it's something we do occassionally... It's called 'Anything but a cup'-- the people have to bring something to drink out of, and it can't be a cup. It ends up pretty funny. Try it out! (I'm the social chair, so I have tons of themes, if you need any more, email me and let me know.)
Old 06-05-2001, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

We have an annual pig roast, which is preceded by pig week. traditionally it was a week where everyone just got wasted and skipped class. it's not quite so bad anymore. we have a "pig pond" which is a hot tub made out of wood, and lined with a tarp. we fill it straight from the water heater. there are people in it every night of pig week. back in they day, they flooded a ditch and sat in that! We have live music friday and saturday night in our back yard. The pigs roast on an open spit all night friday and most of the day saturday. this is our big alumni event in the spring. as many alums come back to the house then as at homecoming. it's a great time!

------------------
Steve Corbin
Lambda Chi Alpha
Theta Kappa Chapter
Rose-Hulman Inst. of Tech.
Old 06-18-2001, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

While there is no theme involved with this idea, that's ok! Try mixing with an organization you would never think of mixing with. THis spring, we had a '70s mixer with Pi Kappa Phi and 3 Pan-greek (African American) organizations - Zeta Phi Beta, Delta Sigma Theta, and Phi Beta Sigma. Nothing like that had ever been done on our campus, and a lot of people were skeptical. But it was by far the BEST mixer we ever had!! The Sigmas provided the dj, so the music was great. And the Pan-Greeks do all that synchronized dancing, and were more than willing to teach all of us white kids!! It was so much fun, and we ended up getting the Greek Award for Best Campus Event by a Sorority.

Dianne
Zeta Tau Alpha
College of Charleston

------------------
"Seek the noblest."
Zeta Love! <3
Old 07-26-2001, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

We had a similar event though it wasn't limited to greeks. We had the Turkish students association, and Asian political group, sigma lamda gamma (latina soroity). This was before the Diversity conference, and was so much fun, cuz most of these groups basically don't associate with each other at all. And it was great showing them how non-scary greeks are!
Old 07-27-2001, 03:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

I'm sure some of you guys have done this before for a mixer... a pajama theme, but I just wanted to say that it's been my favorite one yet!