GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,451
2 members and 1,449 guests
LaneSig, Phrozen Sands

Old 06-18-2006, 01:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Duchovnysfan Send a message via Skype™ to Duchovnysfan
Seems like things are moving along. Hope something fabulous comes out of this I'm applying to law school for 2006-07 academic year and right now studying for the LSAT. How was the test? It does not seem bad cracking the info just a lot of discipline. Good luck with everything!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-19-2006, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you!! Clearly I hope everything continues to move along in the AI process as well..... As for the LSAT... yuck is all I can say! The material itself isn't too terrible and I could do well in practice, without a time limit! However once the timer was on... well... things weren't as good.... but all I know is its over! and I'm thrilled! Whatever happens, happens. But if you have any questions feel free to pm me and I will be more than happy to help! I'm very knowledgable until the timer is turned on
Old 06-20-2006, 09:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Did I miss something? Did you already hear back from Tri Delta or does jbj52503 have you confused with another PNAM?
Old 06-20-2006, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Welcome, jbj52503.
I know that you will find this forum to be a big help during your journey. Good luck.

LM

Be a Volunteer!
Old 06-20-2006, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I have considered the transfer route if my score isn't stellar. I just wanted a decent score so i could go to law school here locally. UNC may be a state school but they have a very good ranking and a very competitive to get into! Even for in-state residents!
Yes, she did have me confused with another PNAM.... for a minute I was wondering did I miss something

And just a shameless plug...... GO CANES!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2006, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh and by the way... welcome to GC jbj52503... the people here are awesome and if you pursue AI there are so many people on here who are wonderful!! They are just great resources as are the multiple pages of info that as been compiled about AI. Use it all to your advantage when you begin your journey!
Old 06-20-2006, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I've been told by so many people where you go to school will probably be where you end up. Since I love the south a great program like UNC would work well for me! (although I love Duke, I like UNC's program much better.... it's much better suited for the types of law I would want to practice). I thank you so much for the kind words! I look at it this way, I did the best I could do and whatever happens next was supposed to happen. Maybe I wasn't supposed to end up in law school? Who knows, we'll see! But i really do thank you for your warm words.... it means a great deal!
Old 06-20-2006, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Amazingly I'm not really that stressed about it anymore.... I know I gave it my all and that was all I had. Now I just hope I can go somewhere And if it doesn't work out, that's ok. I have backup plans!!
Old 07-03-2006, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok, so there are some changes in my life! I have been miserable in my job for quite some time. I finally got sick of all the bull and quit 2 weeks ago! My last day is Saturday and I haven't felt this good in years. Even though I do not have another job locked down I do have a few things in the pipeline so I won't be out of work long.... the break will be kind of nice! And on the LSAT front.... well the score was not what I hoped for But like I said before, maybe that was not meant to be. So now I'm going to be re-looking at schools and considering some other possibilities.

I do have question though for those on this board. How can you tell if you are being blown off by a group?
Old 07-03-2006, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I thought I should better clarify what I meant by the ending of my last post. I've read on here a lot that people can tell if a PNAM has prematurely dropped a group and what not. I kinda feel like if I group had a good time with you and thought you might be a good fit that they would get back in touch with you quickly. That does not appear to be the case to me. I guess my question is am I overreacting to the silence I am getting from this group or am I getting blown off and no one will tell me so? Because if this group doens't think I'm a match, that's ok. But I don't want give up on a group too soon. So that's kinda the type of answer I am looking for. Thank you to anyone who can shed some light on this.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:48 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to MBurden
Smile I'm excited for you

I am very excited for you. I have been corresponding via e-mail with the Regional Contact for the local sorority that I should have been a part of at college. She kept asking me if the local Alum president had contacted me and I said no, and then when I asked if they were out for the summer, she said that they were. I am hoping to hear something by the end of the summer.

Does anyone know if they do a separate initiation or do they initiate AI members with the new initiates from the fall rush with the college students.

Wouldn't that be cute?
Old 07-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Banned

It really depends...

I know someone who had her initiation ceremony conducted by all alumnae just for her.

I went through my ceremony the same evening as 12 collegiates. I think it was more fun that way because they were so excited that it made it more exciting for me! Some of them were really nervous!

We also took pictures of each other before the initiation even though I had never met them before that evening. They were all so welcoming and made me feel a part of their pledge class.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecupidelta
I thought I should better clarify what I meant by the ending of my last post. I've read on here a lot that people can tell if a PNAM has prematurely dropped a group and what not. I kinda feel like if I group had a good time with you and thought you might be a good fit that they would get back in touch with you quickly. That does not appear to be the case to me. I guess my question is am I overreacting to the silence I am getting from this group or am I getting blown off and no one will tell me so? Because if this group doens't think I'm a match, that's ok. But I don't want give up on a group too soon. So that's kinda the type of answer I am looking for. Thank you to anyone who can shed some light on this.
ecupidelta, and other Potential Alumnae Initiates: please realize that, to many NPC groups, this is a new concept. There had been women initiated (such as housemothers) based on service to the GLO, but for the most part, a lot of Alumnae Associations don't truly know how to conduct the part of inviting or declining someone who is a PNAM. Some GLOs do not invite a PNAM to a function unless she's already been vetted by several members; others will invite someone based on a call from their Headquarters.

In other words, there are so many variables that no one can really give you an answer as to if there's been any sort of decision made. Just hang in there, and I'm sure someone will say something. Good luck!
Old 07-05-2006, 07:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks Honeychille!

I guess I just wanted to seek out some feedback on this just to see what some other people experiences had been. I don't want to keep contacting a group if they don't want me! But if they do and there are just things going on and they just haven't had a chance to get back to you, then you could seem like a psycho. And then if you back off on your communication, you could seem uninterested. It's such a fine line between any of those scenarios I just wanted to see what others had to say (so I can attempt to avoid any of those above listed scenarios!)
Old 07-05-2006, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey ecipidelta! You could always drop a "feeler." LOL. I know that sounds terrible! If you have their email address, just send them a polite email saying something like, I hope you had a safe and happy July 4th. That way they might go oh yea and think you are polite for thinking about them. If not,they might go huh, ok and delete. Either way, it doesn't make you sound like a stalker in my lil opinion and you may get a response. Keep your head up and think positive...