GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Phi Epsilon
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,224
1 members and 2,223 guests
Pinkmagnolia921

Old 01-23-2002, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Volunteering for HQ

Hey guys, I don't know how many of you are volunteering for Nationals, but I applied in December and heard from two people, Sheila BArta and Stacey Sperling, someone was supposed to get back to me after that, and I haven't heard anything! I emailed Stacey and asked how long it usually takes and I got no reply! I am really frustrated! Any advice? There are positions open in my area.

Epsilon Phi,
fire
Old 01-23-2002, 10:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
fire, what are you looking to do? are you wanting to work with collegiates or do something else? I know Shirley, and can probably hook you up with someone who knows something if I know what it is you're looking to do.

I do volunteer for HQs as a COA for Southern NJ/Eastern PA and I am the colony advisor for Kappa Colony....I also work on the website and TRIAD.

Let me know!!!
Heather
Old 01-24-2002, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. I applied through our web page and was asked if I would be interested in the COA position for SWPA. That was around the middle of December, a little earlier. I've heard from two people and I was supposed to be hearing from someone else and haven't heard anything yet? So I'm wondering do they usually take this long to get back to volunteers. If they don't need me that is fine, but it's been like three weeks since I've heard anything! Thanks Heather!

Cheyenne
Old 01-24-2002, 11:09 AM

Talking

Hey fire I was looking, and there is no COA opening in PA. One of your sisters, Erika, is the COA in the Philly region, and I'm it in Eastern PA/Southern NJ. There is an MDA slot open in Western PA, which is a cool region. If you can tell me your exact location, I can get in touch with the regional coordinator out there and try to get you hooked up.

Let me know...you can PM me if you want.
Old 01-24-2002, 12:40 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Siobhan
Fire,

International can take a while. I started applying for a volunteer position last march and it got sorted out around October. Just hang in there and let them know what you are interested in and be persistant - also use Heather . One of my good friends is a volunteer for international as soon as I talked to her, everything seemed to snap into place. Also you may be interested in looking into a region that isn't your own: I'm the MDA for Eastern Canada/Eastern NY and I'm from the DG chapter in Vancouver, BC! Good luck and hope you join the volunteer roster soon .
Old 01-24-2002, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I originally applied for MDA, but the person who is listed as COA was originally MDA. I was told she wants to give up COA for MDA. I live in SWPA, that's why I'm looking, I really don't care what I want to do...actualy I woul also like to work on the Triad or something. I guess I will email them again! Thanks ladies. Oh. and Eta (my chapter) is doing recruitment this weekend, I hope everything works out for them (I'll be there helping out too), I'll keep you guys posted, they are hurting for numbers .

Epsilon Phi,
Cheyenne

Our regional corrdinator is Donna Herto. She deosn't know me, I only know her from Area Leadership conference.
Old 01-25-2002, 10:13 AM

fire--

Private message or email me your information. I work on the TRIAD, so I can get a hold of someone to get you on our team. Do you know Linette? She's from Eta, and she's the Director of Recruitment. In any case, send me that stuff so I can really get this ball rolling for you! It's a shame it takes so damn long with this stuff...but I'm more than willing to help. We are just finishing up the latest TRIAD, so there may not be much going on for a bit, but definitely for next TRIAD!

Heather
Old 01-30-2002, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

So I finally heard from someone....MRA here I come...wish me luck!
Cheyenne
Old 08-13-2002, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Volunteering for HQ

Quote:
Originally posted by fire1977
Hey guys, I don't know how many of you are volunteering for Nationals, but I applied in December and heard from two people, Sheila BArta and Stacey Sperling, someone was supposed to get back to me after that, and I haven't heard anything! I emailed Stacey and asked how long it usually takes and I got no reply! I am really frustrated! Any advice? There are positions open in my area.

Epsilon Phi,
fire
This sounds like the situation I'm in now - I've been in touch with both Stacey and Shirley, who both emailed me to tell me they were passing my emails to the appropriate person, now I'm waiting to hear from a third person, someone named Heather. Wow a lot of red tape involved in all this!
Old 09-02-2002, 01:19 PM
GreekChat Member

.....e-mail is fine and recommended, however, the phone works great, too! If you can get their number, I'm sure that they wouldn't mind a phone call from ANY potential volunteer!

Iris