GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,133
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, Yodapolarisnupe

Old 11-09-2011, 12:35 PM
GreekChat Member

So let's get something straight

It's really scary how many people assume this, but let's get this straight.

If you were initiated into a collegiate chapter of an NPC organization and then left for financial/health purposes, you cannot go through AI with another NPC organization, correct?

This is my case, and one of my close friends is heavily encouraging me to apply for alumnae initiation with her NPC organization... ignoring the fact that I don't know anything about her NPC organization, as they don't have a chapter in my area, this is just not allowed, right?!
ΦΒ To be rather than to seem to be.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miriverite View Post

If you were initiated into a collegiate chapter of an NPC organization and then left for financial/health purposes, you cannot go through AI with another NPC organization, correct?

This is my case, and one of my close friends is heavily encouraging me to apply for alumnae initiation with her NPC organization... ignoring the fact that I don't know anything about her NPC organization, as they don't have a chapter in my area, this is just not allowed, right?!
No, you cannot.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

If you were initiated into an NPC organization you are no longer eligible for membership in any other. It's between you and your original sorority whether they would let you back into their good graces. I don't know if that's at all possible, but worth more of a shot than what you've mentioned here.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:13 PM

You can't be initiated into one NPC organization and then join another even if you deactivated from the first one. If you want to be a part of an NPC organization, I recommend contacting the Nationals of the one that initiated you and see if there is any way you can reaffiliate.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miriverite View Post

You're right. She is wrong (and probably isn't familiar with the unanimous agreement that prohibits it.)

Lakers Nation.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks all, just wanted to confirm my suspicions. I am actually still on fairly good terms with many of the girls in my former sorority and am considering applying for reinstatement into that same sorority once I graduate and get my life in order. I loved my original sorority, so I wouldn't see any reason to join another in the first place
Old 11-09-2011, 06:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Miriverite, I just want you to be aware that there may be a time limit for applying for reinstatement . And if you were "terminated" for financial reasons (strange word but it does apply) you may have to pay any outstanding balance(s) owed.

Suggestion: check now with the Headquarters of your GLO to find out the requirements. It would be really disappointing if you missed a deadline, should you decide to apply for reinstatement.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 11-09-2011, 07:12 PM
GreekChat Member

^ I've been contact with Nationals and am aware of the requirements for reinstatement I wasn't terminated and left with a clean balance; rather, I resigned myself since I was worried about future troubles and didn't want to leave on a bad note.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:40 PM

This sounds like a total bitch move, but I would also contact the HQ of your friend's NPC group. They need to better inform their members if ANY of them are suggesting something like this. Ignorance is not an excuse.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
This sounds like a total bitch move, but I would also contact the HQ of your friend's NPC group. They need to better inform their members if ANY of them are suggesting something like this. Ignorance is not an excuse.
Totally agree. It is a uninamous agreement between all NPC sororities. Check out the current manual of information. It can be found at www.npcwomen.org
"Sisterhood is the essence of all the wisdom of the ages, distilled into a single word. You cannot see sisterhood, neither can you hear it nor taste it. But you can feel it a hundred times a day. It is a pat on the back, a smile of encouragement. It's someone to share with, to celebrate your achievements." ~ Anonymous
Old 02-15-2012, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
Can anyone explain to me why the Manual of Information is not publicly available?
Old 02-15-2012, 12:06 PM

You mean online? Anyone can walk into a Greek life office and ask to see their copy of the MOI.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
You mean online? Anyone can walk into a Greek life office and ask to see their copy of the MOI.
Yes. Online. I'm not on a campus and frankly just don't understand NPC not wanting it to be publicly available. I'm sure there's a reason; I just don't know what it is.

Someone has offered to e-mail it to me.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGTess View Post
Yes. Online. I'm not on a campus and frankly just don't understand NPC not wanting it to be publicly available. I'm sure there's a reason; I just don't know what it is.

Someone has offered to e-mail it to me.
Some organizations will make it available online to their members in a members only section of a website.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I believe it's a dues-collecting incentive.