GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,246
1 members and 1,245 guests
ajanessshulze31

Old 08-24-2012, 01:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caylaashley View Post
Ah!
Well I had an interesting wake up because some guy from my orientation group called and wanted to hang out at 5am. No. Just no. He asked if he could come cuddle...Boy I don't know you...get outta here. Anyways, I finished getting ready and we ate out at Thompson Flats which is a large open field and it was like a large picnic at 6am.

We finally got our schedules!
Rho Momma handed me mine and I was delighted to see I had 8 out of 10 parties to go to! I was soooooo excited! I couldn't believe 8 chapters wanted to see me again. Going through the list of parties I saw I was returning to not one but all three of the chapters I cut the night before. What the heck?

My parties for the day were:
Long Beach Ballet Yay!!
ABT Wah!
Marin Dance Theater No!
Julliard Yay!
Columbia Ballet eh
Forum Jazz Yay!
Ballet West woo!
Ballet Yuma omgno!

Long Beach Ballet
So I found out I had a break for an hour before going back to Long Beach Ballet. I talked to one of my favorite people ever and we made a super cute craft. I wasn't very good at the crafting, but it was fun. It was rockstar princess themed...no big deal or anything. They played a video about their philanthropy which I thought really encompassed what they were about. Their president actually came over and spoke with me about our craft which was really neat. My rush crush and I talked about how close we are to our family and how different things from their philanthropy had affected our lives. I told her how I grew up on a ranch and she was super jealous. Again, this house felt like home

ABT
I did not want to come back here. I came in and right off the bat things got awkward. The active and I made super inconsequential conversation and we watched their video about the philanthropy. We made paper flowers which I failed miserably at and she was little help to me. All of the sudden she started crying, and I had no idea what to do. She tried to change the subject and somehow we ended up talking about Vampire Diaries. I felt like if I joined this house it would be awkward situation after awkward situation.

Marin Dance Theater
I was nervous to come back here after my previous conversations. I ended up really liking them. We made a craft that I was actually good at which was a relief. They also had a house dog....extra brownie points. The women and I talked about what I don't remember, but they were all so sweet and thank god didn't bring up boys again.

Julliard
I really enjoyed talking to the first girl, but we watched a video about drinking and driving and a girl who died in their chapter from it. I was nearly crying because back where I'm from we had so many people die from drinking and driving accidents. In their dining room for the craft it was really loud and I couldn't hear. The second girl was super awkward which made me really sad because I genuinely wanted to love everyone in this house.

Columbia Ballet
Sooooo, I found out the girl who stared into my soul was actually the philanthropy chair. So awkward. I can't really remember what happened here because I couldn't see the video. They however had fantastic iced coffee.

Forum Jazz
They had the party jams going and we started a dance party as we all walked in which was a lot of fun. They all had spirit gear from Wazzu on which was kind of cool. The girls I talked to were super fun and I still love them. They're all laid back, and they had a bean bag toss which was pretty fun.

Ballet West
These girls were so different than the girls I met the day before. They seemed really fake and didn't have any intention in the craft. It was really hard to hear them and I was really upset they didn't have the same love for their chapter the girls before had. I walked out of this chapter and felt like crying a little bit because I had liked them so much on the first day.

Ballet Yuma
I was really mad that I got invited back to this chapter. We had nothing in common. I ranked them last the day before because of that. It was still kind of bad. The girls I talked to still really played up the community service aspect, but what bothered me the most was the first girl I talked to gave me the fakest smile everytime I said anything. I couldn't do it. She was so fake. I couldn't handle it.
We ranked seven 1's and I only had one extra so my extra was a 2.
Long Beach Ballet
Forum Jazz
Marin Dance Theater
Julliard
Ballet West
Columbia Ballet
Ballet Yuma
and for my one number 2 I chose ABT because it was so awkward and I chose Ballet Yuma over them only because they said they could see me in their chapter so maybe they were seeing something I wasn't.
Good girl (referring to the bolded)! Your mother taught you well. My daughter read that and said, "Oh, WSU boys." Yeah, I'm not sure what that means either. I just assumed that was pretty universal behavior from 18 year old boys.

I THINK I'm pretty sure who Julliard and Long Beach might be (lips are sealed), and I have an idea on two others. Anxiously waiting to see if my guesses are correct.

Last edited by AXOmom; 08-24-2012 at 02:21 AM.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
.... I'm maybe cranky and old, but I was looking forward to this thread, and now it's just tedious to look for it or hope it resurfaces every number of days.... I hope you're off having fun with your new chapter, Ill check back in a few weeks to see if the whole story is here.

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 08-25-2012, 03:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl2000 View Post
.... I'm maybe cranky and old, but I was looking forward to this thread, and now it's just tedious to look for it or hope it resurfaces every number of days.... I hope you're off having fun with your new chapter, Ill check back in a few weeks to see if the whole story is here.
agreed
Old 08-30-2012, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

I feelnlike I should just give up on learning about the the rest of this story I hope your happy with your new home.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl2000 View Post
ditto

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 08-30-2012, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't think this story is going to be finished - but I do hope she comes back and tell us where she ended up and how it's going.