GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,690
3 members and 2,687 guests
FSUZeta, Sarak24034
Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 09:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffins&Quills View Post
At my campus we physically wrote down our choices and I suppose it was entered into the computer. I've heard some other campuses PNMs directly enter their choices into the computer. Not sure if we do this now, but IMO that's a better way.
Ours was a scantron.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-17-2015, 06:31 PM

Everywhere I have worked with since 2010 has physically entered straight into ICS/CampusDirector.

Lakers Nation.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Where I volunteer the PMNs enter their choices into the computer (ICS) AND write their selections on the MRABA form.
Old 09-18-2015, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradesTrue View Post
The sentiment in the thread seems to be that Jane the PNM is lying. The OP/Recruitment advisor knows where she fell on their bid list, and knows that she was within the first bid list, i.e. before they reached quota.

PNM Jane claims that she put B first. AXOrushadvisor was saying that in 100% of the situations she is familiar with the PNM is lying. This may be due to:
1. Regretting the ranking order that she actually did choose and trying to wiggle out of it to get into the other chapter
2. Trying to save face with friends of hers in the chapter. "I put you first but got my second choice" so that she wouldn't have to admit that she didn't want to choose their chapter.

I am skeptical about computer error with matching. If the name was outside the first bid list there may be a minuscule chance of it getting flubbed, but I just don't see how that can happen when you fall within the first bid list.
I am thinking there was either an error with the data entry, but something the Greek Life Coordinator said was that the software wasn't working right...It is entirely possible that "Jane" is lying (I don't know her well enough to say one way or the other). What I do know is that she has been going up to members of "B" and asking why we didn't want her. I'm hoping that she isn't just trying to stir up trouble, but who should I reach out to?
Old 09-18-2015, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Jane ought to be focusing on getting to know the girls in A and not pestering the girls in B. Recruitment is now a thing of the past for her.
Old 09-19-2015, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiosVida View Post
I am thinking there was either an error with the data entry, but something the Greek Life Coordinator said was that the software wasn't working right...It is entirely possible that "Jane" is lying (I don't know her well enough to say one way or the other). What I do know is that she has been going up to members of "B" and asking why we didn't want her. I'm hoping that she isn't just trying to stir up trouble, but who should I reach out to?
Do/did you want her? If so, ask the GL coordinator to look further into this software issue. I would also ask the GLC if any other rushees have had issues, and if Jane is the only one, she most likely is a liar with pants on fire.

If not, all you or your sisters have to say is "I'm sorry, but we can't discuss membership selection. I hope you have fun in A."
Old 09-19-2015, 01:47 PM

This is going to sound horrible, but 99.9% of those "computer glitch" stories are lies.

My favorite computer glitch story I ever heard was when I was a collegian. A girl was like "I would have been an XY, but the computer accidentally skipped all the names of girls starting with M."

WHAT.

Lakers Nation.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
This is going to sound horrible, but 99.9% of those "computer glitch" stories are lies.
My recruitment actually had a glitch, and you know what? THEY WENT BACK AND FIXED IT. Nobody is going to say, "oops, computer glitch, you are all SOL!"
Old 09-21-2015, 02:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tcsparky
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
My recruitment actually had a glitch, and you know what? THEY WENT BACK AND FIXED IT. Nobody is going to say, "oops, computer glitch, you are all SOL!"

This. The people running Recruitment go back and fix the computer glitch. Even if everything has to be checked by hand and re-entered.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:20 AM
GreekChat Member

This. Between advising and my full time job working with recruitment, I've probably been to about 100 or so recruitments. I have only ever seen one true computer issue (a chapter had a girl on their first bid list, didn't match quota, and yet this girl didn't get placed. We of course caught that immediately upon receiving bid lists) 99% of the time it isn't a computer issue, and if it is, they'd fix.

99% of the time the young woman isn't telling the truth. That being said I didn't see if we've ever heard back from OP. With only 3 chapters, if they are small enough, are they using ICS? Human error with hand bid matching is much more likely in my experience.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:03 AM

They might be 3 quite large chapters with a large amount of women rushing. The OP said they are using software rather than hand matching.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
They might be 3 quite large chapters with a large amount of women rushing. The OP said they are using software rather than hand matching.
I missed that 33girl, thank you!
Closed Thread