GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Phi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,155
2 members and 1,153 guests
Cookiez17, John

Old 09-07-2005, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Beta Eta - Hurricane Help!

I'm sure many of you have seen links on our National webpage and have recieved a few emails about possible Hurricane relief efforts. I wanted to give everyone around the country an update on Beta Eta's (Baton Rouge - LA) situation. We are currently have members volunteering at refugee centers providing medical assistance, animal shelters, and fema work in New Orleans. Most of our chapter is from New Orleans and the surrounding areas and therefor are currently housing Alumni and there families, as well as our own families in the Fraternity house. I will soon be submitting an official letter asking Delta Sigma Phi help in any way that can be given. Our biggest problem is that the temperature here is in the mid 90's and with all the extra people in our house we are having to run our air conditioners non stop. We could really use monetary support in paying our utility bills this month (or as long as it takes) if any alumni could manage. We would also like to use any extra money we can get to buy can goods, water, and other needed supplies for our local shelters. I could not be more proud of the steps my brothers have taken in trying to help the less fortunate.

If you know a Delta Sig in the area who needs shelter, let them know our house is open to all Brothers and their families.

If you have any way you can help the Brothers of Beta Eta please let me know asap.

Josh Mellinger
VP - Beta Eta
jmelli1@Lsu.edu or social@deltasiglsu.org
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )