GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,545
1 members and 1,544 guests
annetaedarky158

Old 10-21-2012, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Transferring student interested in rushing next year

Hey! So I am interested in rushing next year when i transfer from my community college. As of right now i have a wide variety of colleges i am thinking about transferring to: Baylor, A&M, UT, Texas State. I am specifically choosing these schools because I plan to eventually apply to PT school and I want to major in Athletic Training and go from there. So these schools are good schools in general and I know UT has one of the best Athletic Training programs in Texas.

Right now i am attending my local community college and i just hope to next year attend one of these schools and rush. With that being said, what chances do i have to get a bid coming in as a sophomore and rushing?

Also, I hear that to improve your chances to receive a bid, it would be a good idea to have a good resume. Does that include recommendation letters from older and family friend sorority sisters? Example: Having a family friend write a letter to the Chi Omega sorority house at Baylor. The thing with that is I am a first generation college student and also hispanic. I dont neccessarily have the opportunity to ask for letters since i do not know anyone personally. And would being hispanic make a difference in getting a bid from the Panhellic Council? Or should i just try the multicultural organization? Thanks!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-21-2012, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Read this thread: http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=54403
Old 10-21-2012, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyl123 View Post
Also, I hear that to improve your chances to receive a bid, it would be a good idea to have a good resume. Does that include recommendation letters from older and family friend sorority sisters? Example: Having a family friend write a letter to the Chi Omega sorority house at Baylor. The thing with that is I am a first generation college student and also hispanic. I dont neccessarily have the opportunity to ask for letters since i do not know anyone personally. And would being hispanic make a difference in getting a bid from the Panhellic Council? Or should i just try the multicultural organization? Thanks!
I can't answer all of your questions (i.e. sophomore PMN's), as I've been out of the loop for many years, but I can say, yes...get as many rec's to as many sororities as you can. There is a great thread (under Recruitment Stories)...I'll see if I can find the link, that explains how rec's were obtained even when the PNM did not have any family members in the greek system.

As for being Hispanic, it shouldn't make a difference. I'm Hispanic and went through recruitment at A&M (1995). As I'm sure you know, in Texas, Hispanic's are everywhere, even in the greek system. Don't let that dissuade you from going through recruitment!!

Feel free to PM me! And good luck with transferring next year!
Old 10-21-2012, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpiucf View Post
Ooohh, great thread!

Here's the one on how one PMN obtained rec's:

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=129150

Last edited by ADPi95; 10-21-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

From what I've read from other threads, a transfer student has a better chance than a sophomore who rushed as a freshman but didn't accept a bid. BUT, you need the grades, the extra-curriculars, the recs, and hopefully some girls on the inside to give you a leg up. Other than that, we can't really give you an idea of your chances. Keep your mind open to every single sorority at whichever school you choose and hopefully everything will work out just fine.