GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,732
1 members and 1,731 guests
Titchou

Old 08-17-2008, 11:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Univ of Arkansas Recruitment!

let's get this going! rush starts this coming Friday. i have heard 700+ signed up, how does that compare to last year?

Last edited by UARK GO HOGS; 08-18-2008 at 12:49 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to TxGirl
667 went to first round last year.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:41 AM
GreekChat Member

They had over 700 signed up...not sure anything else.

AOPi will definitely be building up their house....it's in the process. I'm excited to see how this goes.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 08-21-2008, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Rush starts tomorrow, fri night, with orientation. they visit all houses saturday, first cuts sat. night. anybody know how many max invites they will get after the saturday rounds?
Old 08-21-2008, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
They can receive an invitation from possibly all eight but they can only accept up to 6 for Philanthropy. House Tours accept 4 max Pref. accept 2 max

Last edited by aopirose; 08-21-2008 at 05:49 PM. Reason: whoops - misread rush rules
Old 08-21-2008, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

(thanks for correcting pref night to 2 houses, rather than 3)

Last edited by UARK GO HOGS; 08-22-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

It is 2. I just misread. Sorry about that.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

ok, thanks! i saw the AOPi house being built, that is great they got to build right on Maple. how many members do they have currently?
Old 08-21-2008, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks. We are lucky to have such a great spot and irishpipes' description of the house sounds stunning. I wish that we would have been playing AR in Fayetteville this year so that I could have seen it but I can wait until 2010. I'm not sure what thier pre-recruitment numbers are.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UARK GO HOGS View Post
ok, thanks! i saw the AOPi house being built, that is great they got to build right on Maple. how many members do they have currently?
Unfortunately, campus total is only 130, despite the fact that 6 of the 7 sororities (AOII makes the 8th) average 200 members. So, when AOII took quota+ last year, they were over total and could not COB to get closer to the average chapter size. So they are the second smallest chapter, but above total after FR.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Wait, am I the only one on campus here? Irish, you here?

Starts on Saturday, girls have been blowing up my phone constantly for information on girls from my hometown. Pretty excited about the close of their rush finally.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 08-21-2008, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishpipes View Post
Unfortunately, campus total is only 130, despite the fact that 6 of the 7 sororities (AOII makes the 8th) average 200 members. So, when AOII took quota+ last year, they were over total and could not COB to get closer to the average chapter size. So they are the second smallest chapter, but above total after FR.
irishpipes -

I know in one of the original threads about AOPi colonizing at Arkansas, a newspaper was quoted as saying the possibilities of another expansion at Arkansas (several of us joked about who would be invited). Do you think another expansion is a strong possibility in the next couple of years (a la Alabama)?

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 08-21-2008, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Zeta House

The Zeta house has been undergoing some redecorating and remodeling this summer. The house looks fabulous!!! The girls are so excited about recruitment. I wish them the best!!
Old 08-21-2008, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig View Post
irishpipes -

I know in one of the original threads about AOPi colonizing at Arkansas, a newspaper was quoted as saying the possibilities of another expansion at Arkansas (several of us joked about who would be invited). Do you think another expansion is a strong possibility in the next couple of years (a la Alabama)?
I know this wasn't addressed to me...

depending on the results of rush this year (that is, if a certain chapter on campus does well, or even poorer than previous years), you may see that chapter fall and expansion be promised to a national which promises plenty of money for housing...just a thought. The aforementioned chapter has already gotten in serious trouble with Panhellenic already and has thus had their rush affected. We'll see how they do.

And the Zeta house does look immaculate these days, at least from the outside.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Walk View Post
I know this wasn't addressed to me...

depending on the results of rush this year (that is, if a certain chapter on campus does well, or even poorer than previous years), you may see that chapter fall and expansion be promised to a national which promises plenty of money for housing...just a thought. The aforementioned chapter has already gotten in serious trouble with Panhellenic already and has thus had their rush affected. We'll see how they do.

And the Zeta house does look immaculate these days, at least from the outside.

Maybe it's late but I don't get what you mean.

There is a chapter that could A) do well in recruitment or B) do really badly in recruitment and still be screwed???

That doesn't make sense to me.

And that's not really how NPC expansion works...