GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,403
0 members and 2,403 guests
No Members online

Old 09-28-2006, 10:48 AM

Alumni/ae: Are you still in contact with your bigs, littles, or grandlittles?

Are any of you still close with your sorority families (i.e. bigs, littles, grandlittles)? Are they still collegians or are they also alumnae?

Lakers Nation.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-28-2006, 11:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Specifically referring to APO, I haven't spoken to my Big in a few months. I talk to my little every few weeks online (she's in culinary school now!). I was never close to my Great Little, but all the ones after her are a nice bunch of people who I like hanging around ever so often.

I am closer with people from different trees, though. Since I am local, I participate in pledging, so I might luck up and make a new, sincere friend once or twice a year.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I haven't heard from my big in years, but I talk to both of my littles at least once a month, and try to visit once or twice a sememster.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I just got back in touch with my little key sis via MySpace. I haven't heard a thing from my pledge mom (back when we were called families) since she graduated.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Unregistered-

My Sister-Mom (Amy Rose) lives in NY now, where she's married to her NYPD husband and she just had a daughter. She's lucky to come back to Hawai`i every two years, but for the most part we keep in touch via MySpace.

My Sister-Daughter (Elizabeth) I see every once in a while at alumnae functions. She's been thinking about moving back home to Cali, so hopefully I'll get to hang with her more.

My Sister-Granddaughter...Kelly. Up until last month when she moved back home to Chicago, we partied like it was 1999. I miss her, but I know she'll be back. I loved her because we'd be at the bar and she'd still call me 'Grandma'...even her BF called me 'Grandma'!

My Sister-Great-Granddaughter is Kim. She's still a collegian. Quiet and shy, just like her Grandma Elizabeth...I see her from time to time.

And I just found out that I have a Sister-Great-Great-Granddaughter! Shawna's a NM and loving her NM period so far! Haven't met her yet, but I will soon, I hope!
Old 09-28-2006, 05:13 PM

I'm still in contact with mine. My grand Big, Big, and Little were three of my six bridesmaids in my wedding. I was at my little's wedding this past weekend actually. I'm still in contact with my grand lil and coincidentally my great grand lil is in my nursing class. We are all alumnae status now.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I still keep in touch with my little and grandlittle (the only 2 members of my "family" that I've met). My grand little has 2 littles, who have just taken their little sisters, so I now have 2 great-great grand littles
Old 09-28-2006, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
Are any of you still close with your sorority families (i.e. bigs, littles, grandlittles)? Are they still collegians or are they also alumnae?

I'm definitely still in contact with my family back "home" at my sorority! Facebook and MySpace have made it a lot easier to keep in contact with these lovely ladies, and I can send them messages to hear how their lives are doing. I sent my little a graduation present in May, and plan on sending a few things to my grand lils and great grand lil, who are still in school. My lil was also one of my bridesmaids. I talk to my big pretty regularly too, but she's in the Peace Corps, so it's hard for her and me to talk every week.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
As ariesrising told you, i recently moved. We talk by email, phone, text when we can. I miss her

I email with my big and as aries said, haven't been able to get hold of my grandlittle
Old 09-28-2006, 07:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I wasn't close with my big diamond, but my little diamond is my best friend. So we talk just about every day, although she's still in Ohio.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I haven't talked to my big sis in years, ever since she graduated after my sophomore year. My little on the other hand, she is my bestest best friend in the world. We talk almost every single day and use facebook to talk too (the majority of my wall posts at the moment are from her and vice versa hahaha). She had a little but the girl quit and so our family never grew any bigger; basically it's just the two of us but that's all right because she is the best!
Old 09-29-2006, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm not sure what a "grandlittle" is? I'm guessing the little sister of your little sister? In that case, I have no idea who they are - I don't think we really kept track of that back in my day.

But..
My big sis (1985): no contact; she withdrew from school in 1986 & disappeared.
My 1st little sis (soph year 1986): in touch through occasional email. I went to Sis #1's wedding in 1991..that's the last time I saw her. She's still in FL.
My 2nd little sis (jr year 1987): in touch with through frequent email. Used to see each other @ holiday time, but now that she's in CT, I doubt our holiday visits to FL will coordinate. She got married in 2005, but I didn't go.
My 3rd little sis (sr year 1988): in touch with through occasional email. We had a huge falling out in 1993 or so, lost touch, but recently "found" each other by email. She got married when we were not in contact. She's also still in FL

As for my own wedding in 2000, I only invited Sis#2.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdonline View Post
I'm not sure what a "grandlittle" is? I'm guessing the little sister of your little sister?
Yes, that's exactly what that is! I'm from a smaller chapter, so it's a bit easier to keep track of all of those people. Plus, I only took one little (because my little let me know she would be angry if I took another, haha), so I have less to find out about.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

My little sister transferred in her second semester in the chapter. I really wanted to keep in touch, but she has never answered an e-mail. I don't have any other contact info for her. I'm sad. She used to be on GC. CareBearBSP...where are you?!?
Order of the Rose recipient

Last edited by erica812; 09-29-2006 at 01:00 PM. Reason: ('cause I got her screen name wrong.)
Old 09-30-2006, 12:33 AM
GreekChat Member

I lost touch with my Sister-Mother when we both divorced and changed jobs, unfortunately. I'd love to find a current address for her.

I've also lost touch with two of my Sister-Daughters. I see my other Sister-Daughter several times a week though. She's my best friend, lives near me, and I recently got her a job in my department while she goes back to college for a second bachelor degree. She's awesome. How many women are willing to be your Maid of Honor twice?