GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,272
0 members and 2,272 guests
No Members online

Old 01-13-2004, 07:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Britney's "Toxic" Video

Did anyone see "Making the Video" of Toxic? What a weird video. Seems to me like she's trying to be like Christina with the dancing and outfits she was wearing on the plane. Not to mention the black hair.....

So, what did you think?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-13-2004, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I though it was great video. The special effects were cool. I liked the airplane scenes and the ones where she poisons the boyfriend. Oh and the diamond "outfit" was cool too. I wasn't feeling the red hair. And she did reminded me of Christina with the black wig. But I don't think she's trying to be like her. Did you read the smack she talked about her in Blender?
Old 01-13-2004, 10:54 PM

I saw the video. It's different. I don't know if I like it or not. I'll have to see it again.

I admit that Toxic is one of her better songs. It's one of her only songs that I can listen to without begging someone to change the station or change the CD. Yes, Britney-lovers, that was my attempt at complimenting her although it was backhanded.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ladyj39
Quote:
Originally posted by ZTAngel
I saw the video. It's different. I don't know if I like it or not. I'll have to see it again.

I admit that Toxic is one of her better songs. It's one of her only songs that I can listen to without begging someone to change the station or change the CD. Yes, Britney-lovers, that was my attempt at complimenting her although it was backhanded.
I agree that this is a song of hers I like. I couldn't stand "Me Against the Music".

Did you catch the part when Britney said the last version of her in the video was "the bitchy black-haired girl"? Then she kind of laughed after she said it. Hmmm.....
Old 01-14-2004, 12:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh, I didn't even think about Christina when she said that. Maybe it wasn't a coincidence that she looked like her in those scenes. Ha, that's funny.
Old 01-14-2004, 04:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
I liked her video. I think its definitly one of the better videos Ive seen in quite awhile I mean with the special effects and all. I don't know if she was reffering to Christina about the bitchy black haired girl but who knows. I wasnt feeling the red hair on her but the makeup was cool. and all those gems on her WOW that was awesome! sure she was naked and all but it looked really good on her! Im not a big Britney fan at all but I really like this song and the video.

Nichole
Old 01-15-2004, 10:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
I haven't seen the video, but I heard "Toxic" for the first time yesterday (they're not playing it on the Canadian radio stations yet so I tuned into an L.A station on my computer at work). I'm sorry, but it was an awful song. I couldn't listen the whole thing. I know there are some Britney fans out here in GC land, but she reall is a talentless bimbo. I also heard her song outrageous for the first time too...another crap song.
I hope I don't see the video for Toxic.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Yes ZTAngel - Come to the darkside of the Britney world! Muhoohaha!!!!

No seriously, I like the video better than MATM and a couple before that.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by UKDaisy
Yes ZTAngel - Come to the darkside of the Britney world! Muhoohaha!!!!
well, I wouldn't go that far....
Old 01-15-2004, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Uh oh, you are teetering on the brink . .. next step you'll find yourself unconsciously humming her music . . and then BANG, you'll be a Britney neophyte.

Quote:

Old 01-19-2004, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to hottytoddy Send a message via AIM to hottytoddy Send a message via Yahoo to hottytoddy
I know there are people on here that don't think much of her but I lover her!! She's such a badass.
Old 01-19-2004, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Pi Phi
I'm sorry, but it was an awful song. I couldn't listen the whole thing. I know there are some Britney fans out here in GC land, but she reall is a talentless bimbo.
I totally agree! And she's become even trashier and more ridiculous as time passes.

Quote:
Originally posted by hottytoddy
I know there are people on here that don't think much of her but I lover her!! She's such a badass.
Badass?!? Puleeeeeesh! She's trying to be this generation's Madonna and she's failing. She's just a publicity-seeking skank.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to hottytoddy Send a message via AIM to hottytoddy Send a message via Yahoo to hottytoddy
Well...Madonna approves.
Old 01-20-2004, 05:10 AM
GreekChat Member

I love her and i love the video! yes i am a Brit fan and proud of it. I think the new video rocks!!!!!!!

Whats so good and different about it is that its not typical dancing britney i look forward to more of her videos
Old 01-20-2004, 06:41 AM
GreekChat Member

For those who haven't seen the video, msn.com let you download it. I found the video entertaining, whether or not I like the song. The first time I heard it, I didn't like it, but it kinda grows on ya. Though I know this will get overplayed and then I will hate it. The only thing I dont get with Britney is how all of her newer songs seem digitalized--as in, she doesnt really seem to be singing anymore. That being the case, it pains me to see someone with not so much talent doing well. I would rather see bands and artists with true talent be successful.