GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 1,550
2 members and 1,548 guests
indygphib

Old 09-02-2014, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Hackers Leak Nude pictures of Celebrities

So, clever hackers have leaked some nude/semi-nude pictures of various celebrities and posted them online. Awwwwww, poor celebrities!

Kim Kardashian I would expect, but Jennifer Lawrence?!

Note to self: DON'T TAKE NUDE/SCANDALOUS PICTURES OR VIDEOS UNLESS COMPLETELY OK WITH THE POSSIBILITY THAT IT COULD BE VIEWED PUBLICLY SOMEDAY---EVEN WITHOUT CONSENT!

Want to be sexy or naughty, fine! Just resist taking a selfie because it may home back to bite you on your bare bottom!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-02-2014, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Rather than that, don't take nude selfies with your cell phone, which then turns and stores them in the cloud. If people want to take private pictures, then let 'em.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Still... I hate all this victim shaming. Yes, they took pictures. But it's not like they leaked because they sent them to someone. They were hacked.
Sure, it's best not to take them at all, but I really despise how most people jump straight to how stupid it is to take those pictures instead of please let's catch the awful hacker/sex offender who is leaking them to the world.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip86 View Post
Still... I hate all this victim shaming. Yes, they took pictures. But it's not like they leaked because they sent them to someone. They were hacked.
Sure, it's best not to take them at all, but I really despise how most people jump straight to how stupid it is to take those pictures instead of please let's catch the awful hacker/sex offender who is leaking them to the world.
All of this.

"Together, Let Us Seek the Heights"

I <3 My KΣ
Old 09-02-2014, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Thank you.

These are pictures that were private property and STOLEN from the victims. I don't care if these people are celebrities or not. They have every right to feel embarrassed and violated.

@~/~~~~
Old 09-02-2014, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Yup.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:33 PM

Let's also not forget the Erin Andrews incident, where she was peeped on in her hotel room without her permission!
Old 09-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
It's not really victim shaming to point out that in this day and age, having digital media that you don't want disseminated against your will, especially when it's highly attractive to some to do so, virtually guarantees that it will happen.

That said, I'm glad to see the FBI has stepped in here and agree with Leah Dunham's recent tweet regarding this not being a "leak," but a sex crime.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 09-02-2014, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm the OP and I AGREE with everyone's comments. I do sympathize with the victims. And I do not support the hackers (yes, criminals). But what it comes around to is that you better think twice before taking that provocative selfie/picture/video because it could be exposed someday. And if you are a celebrity then you are a target. Creeps are looking for this stuff and they are obviously very sophisticated and clever. The only way to prevent this type of public reveal is to not take the picture in the first place. That was my main point.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueOwl View Post
I'm the OP and I AGREE with everyone's comments. I do sympathize with the victims. And I do not support the hackers (yes, criminals). But what it comes around to is that you better think twice before taking that provocative selfie/picture/video because it could be exposed someday. And if you are a celebrity then you are a target. Creeps are looking for this stuff and they are obviously very sophisticated and clever. The only way to prevent this type of public reveal is to not take the picture in the first place. That was my main point.
I tell our actives, for example, don't be photographed with an adult beverage in your hand. Tuck it behind your back, or at the very least use non-see-through cups. Same idea.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 09-02-2014, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
My intent was not to victim shame. I have no problem with the concept of nude photos. To me, taking them on a cell phone with cloud storage is equivalent to leaving the keys in your car with the doors unlocked. Even though it's wrong, some asshole more than likely will come along and take it.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
My intent was not to victim shame.
I get that, my comment was not aimed at anyone in particular.

For me the victim shaming I've seen on this leak (mostly online) has been along the lines of: "If you wear a short skirt you're asking for rape/assault. Sure the rapist is an a**hole but better safe than sorry..."

Last edited by Tulip86; 09-02-2014 at 05:37 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

"Victims"????

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 09-02-2014, 07:33 PM

I would understand if these were photos of Goldie Hawn and people like that from the pre-internet age. But Winona Ryder is the oldest person on that list. Pretty much everyone else on it has been around since the internet existed. It's not like they don't understand how it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
My intent was not to victim shame. I have no problem with the concept of nude photos. To me, taking them on a cell phone with cloud storage is equivalent to leaving the keys in your car with the doors unlocked. Even though it's wrong, some asshole more than likely will come along and take it.