GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,420
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, abryanswftz6979
» Online Users: 2,817
1 members and 2,816 guests
Xidelt

Old 05-29-2006, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to JMackGPD4Life
-your GLO
Gamma Phi Delta Sorority Inc.

-how long you've been a member
3 years...I was initated Nov. of 2003. I graduated in May '05.

-how active an alum you've been
I'm not an active member of the undergraduate chapter because I live 3 hours away from my chapter. I would commute, but I find out events last minute's notice. But recently, I've been helping my regional director establish a chapter in my metro area.

-why you come to GC
To openly talk with other greek members about the issues you face in Greek life as alumni and to get advice on how to become a founding/charter chapter member.

-what you still enjoy about your GLO/why you're active
I choose to reactive my membership, because I saw an opportunity for growth and leadership. I inspire other sorors to rededicate themselves to the cause and I inspire others to join the cause. I feel that the only way to not have your voice be heard is to give up on the cause. What I love about my organization is the mission/focus and the sisterhood. We believe in helping disadvantaged women / underpriviledged youth by giving them tools they need to be professional successful. And the relationships I've made with members transcends whatever my affliation with the organization is...at the end of the day, we're friends, not just sorority sisters and we care about each other. GPD means more to me than "just something I did while I was in college" and each day I wear my letters or talk to someone whose interested, I am reminded of how important it is to have my organization in the area that I live in.

-anything else you care to share
I am currently recruiting women to join our alumnae charter interest group in fall '06. We are a growing organization and we look for people who are interested in community service & developing stronger relationships with women. Traditionally, we are a African-American sorority, but we look for women of all races & creeds. We are a not associated with the panhell or nphc so members of those council often join our sorority because they believe in our mission and we often join sororities in those councils as well. Our website is http://www.gammaphideltasorority.com.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-02-2006, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

-your GLO

Not to be redundant to the sig, but....

Kappa Kappa Psi National Honorary Band Fraternity, Inc.

The royal blue, pearl white, and a touch of classic gold!!!!

-how long you've been a member
18 glorious years....I crossed the burning sands of Psi in February of 1988. I'm an "old school" bruh...

-how active an alum you've been
I've been Business Manager of my Band Alumni organization for the past seven (6) years. I'm currently holding the office of Vice President of Operations. I've also been working as an band camp advisor and Drum Major advisor for my alma mater's marching band for the same number of years. In addition, I'm functioning as a fraternal advisor, assisting in the process of getting my undergrad chapter reactivated on campus (it went inactive about ten years ago). Off and on, I've always had some sort of alumni involvement with the music department since I graduated.

-why you come to GC
I enjoy the dialogue that goes on here. It ranges from the "sublime to the ridiculous". Often the dialogue will take a turn where it's worth contributing to. Whatever form it takes, it's always entertaining, even if I'm just along for the ride. Also, there are Greeks from a variety of backgrounds/viewpoints. It's interesting to see the differences in how we all view Greekdom. It's even more interesting to see how narrow-minded many people can be when it comes to their own viewpoint(s). Either way, we all benefit from those differences...

-what you still enjoy about your GLO/why you're active
At the core of the principles and purposes of my org is the love for music and the band. That never dies. My love for the Fraternity has not diminished since the day I crossed; in fact it has grown. I'm also a Life Member of the Fraternity. I may not be an active (undergrad) bandsman any more, but music is always in my heart. And in the end, it's all about the music, baby...

-anything else you care to share
Don't get it twisted! There are no "band nerds" in my org! No one who knows me or any of the bruhs who have come through my chapter has that misconception!

Sending a shout out and a 191946 to the ladies of Tau Beta Sigma!!!

To the bruhs...
K...K...!!!!
"Cadillac" #5 Spring 1988
Kappa Kappa Psi National Honorary Band Fraternity, Inc.
Theta Tau Chapter
Life Member #3922