GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,073
1 members and 1,072 guests
AOIIalum

Old 08-23-2007, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Univ of Southern California Sororities

usc

Last edited by christinacochra; 08-24-2007 at 02:04 AM.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:08 PM
Unregistered-

Encourage your friend to go into recruitment with an open mind so she can get the general feel for herself. If she hasn't done so already, go to the different sorority websites and learn some facts about each one so that she's armed and ready with stuff to talk about during the rounds.

If it's discussion on individual reputations you're seeking, I doubt you'll get much luck here.

There are lots of Southern California sorority women here who know a lot about Greek Life at USC!
Old 08-23-2007, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Christina,
In my opinion SC recruitment is quite similar to that at a competitive SEC campus. The great thing is that the chapters there are established, have gorgeous houses and girls who are fun to be with. Last year all the houses met quota.
However, my best advice to your friend is to try and obtain references for ALL the houses. It is important at SC to have references!!!
Have your friend read the recruitment tips on Greek Chat. These are valuable hints which will make the process easier. Ignore "tent talk".
Best of luck to your friend and welcome to the Trojan family.
Football Fan
Old 08-23-2007, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

It is definitely important for your friend to go into SC rush with an open mind. It is a very competitive rush with a lot of girls who are going through (not as many as Auburn but still a lot!). There will be a lot of tent talk going on so it is important that your friend really try to figure out where the best house is for herself and not listen to the things that are said around her. The sororities on campus are all filled with wonderful women . . . and the houses are just beautiful!

Best of luck to her and tell her welcome to the trojan family!
Old 08-24-2007, 12:10 AM
GreekChat Member

I have to ask why you're doing "research" for your friend instead of her inquiring herself?

Though USC is a competitive recruitment, I wouldn't say it's as competitive as the SEC rushes sound to be. You don't have to be from California to get a bid there, and since it's a private school, students come from all over...it's not like houses are made up of women from the same hometown. Still, it would help for your friend to get recs, because there are plenty of legacies and the chapters are very well established; I don't know about the other NPC sororities, but a lot of powerful Gamma Phi alumnae are from our USC chapter. The women going through recruitment at USC are also high achievers.

Last edited by PeppyGPhiB; 08-24-2007 at 12:14 AM.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to alphagamphi
I would not say they are that competive. One of my sisters went to SC and had no letters of recommendation and did fine with a full schedule when she rushed as a sophomore. She had fun with her sisters. And she was from out of state.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:44 AM
GreekChat Member

I'll say again that out of state probably means very little at USC. It's a large private school that recruits all over the country...so many of its students are from out of state. And California is so big that hometown doesn't mean much, anyway. Like others have said here, I wouldn't stress out about it too much. But recs never hurt.