GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,374
2 members and 1,372 guests
acg233, Sarak24034

Old 03-22-2017, 03:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Asking to rush again?

Hi everyone,

I know this sounds dumb, but I rushed a fraternity earlier this quarter and did not get a bid. I lacked the money to pay the dues and had a low GPA. The rush chair told me that he felt I was "incompatible" with the fraternity. I was in a bad spot at the beginning of the quarter and was able to find a way to pay dues and raised my GPA. I know I sound dumb, but would asking to rush again work? I worked on my issues and really want to contribute my all.

Thanks.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:16 AM
GreekChat Member

If I told someone I felt they were incompatible with my fraternity, I wouldn't think the ability to pay dues and raise GPA would have much to do with that decision.

Incompatibility is about fit and personality, not means.

I think the rush chair did you a favor by not leading you on. If I were you, I would maybe look into other fraternities with an open mind. If you're dead set on this one, you could always talk to them again, but be prepared for an honest response.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen's Revenge View Post
If I told someone I felt they were incompatible with my fraternity, I wouldn't think the ability to pay dues and raise GPA would have much to do with that decision.

Incompatibility is about fit and personality, not means.

I think the rush chair did you a favor by not leading you on. If I were you, I would maybe look into other fraternities with an open mind. If you're dead set on this one, you could always talk to them again, but be prepared for an honest response.
Perfect advice....
Old 03-23-2017, 06:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gragon View Post
Hi everyone,

I know this sounds dumb, but I rushed a fraternity earlier this quarter and did not get a bid. I lacked the money to pay the dues and had a low GPA. The rush chair told me that he felt I was "incompatible" with the fraternity. I was in a bad spot at the beginning of the quarter and was able to find a way to pay dues and raised my GPA. I know I sound dumb, but would asking to rush again work? I worked on my issues and really want to contribute my all.

Thanks.
What Sen said. I think you should appreciate the fact that they were honest with you, accept that this fraternity is not where you were meant to be, and move on.

Are there other fraternities on campus? Why not try to rush one of those instead?

@~/~~~~