GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,340
0 members and 2,340 guests
No Members online

Old 05-25-2003, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AGDPrincess70
Recs!

A friend of mine is rushing in the fall, and her school has an amazing AGD chapter, and of course, I want her to go us. Should I send in a rec? I've known her since we were 13 so its not like I don't knw her well What should be in the letter? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-25-2003, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Of course you should!

I don't know a lot about writing recs, but I would imagine you would want to talk about how you know her, how long you've known her, what qualities make her good Alpha Gam material, and what her interests are.
Old 05-25-2003, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

You can download a copy of the Recruitment Information Form (RIF) from the Members Only portion of the Alpha Gam website. It will give all of the information you need to include, and all of the information the recruiting chapter will need. Send a picture, too -- then the women of the chapter will know who to look out for during recruitment. You can also call IHQ to be faxed or mailed a copy, and they come in the Quarterly once a year.

Also, just a sidenote, if you are in contact with your friend on a regular basis you may want to check with the Alpha Gam chapter there to find out their Panhellenic recruitment rules about talking to potential new members. Some schools are quite strict about it (including all alumnae contact), and it would be horrible for something to happen if you didn't know. You may be able to find a copy of their rules on the school's Greek website or club pages, too.

I will think good thoughts for your friend!