GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,151
0 members and 1,151 guests
No Members online

Old 11-30-2001, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I just remembered another

All right, first my former step aunt used to buy me pajamas every year and while I really do love pajamas, I love the sets of them not gowns. Anyway this woman bought me a Garfield gown with the Garfield feet socks with separate holes for the toes. Now the thing is while I like Garfield this was not my type of gift.

Last edited by CrimsonTide4; 11-30-2001 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-30-2001, 12:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Let's see... I'll start w/the 1st grade:

The girls brought girl gifts and the boys brought boy gifts. Well, each person had to decide who they were going to exchange gifts with. Well, I had two best friends: Alice & Angela. So I decide to exchange my gift w/Angela. My gift was a really cute doll that had a bottle and a bib. Guess what I got in return? A freakin' ragedy(sp?) Ann doll! And not even a big one, it was about the size of my hand. Man, I was soooooo mad! And on top of that, I hated ragedy Ann!

At the age of 8 (I think) my Aunt--one of my dad's sisters (who showed favoritism anyway) gave me a pair of house shoes!!!!! What the hay?
What 8 y/o wants house shoes?

The next year she (the same Aunt) gave me a cheap a$$ watch that I probably had for about 30 seconds, b/c as I was putting it on my wrist, it slipped off, hit the floor and shattered into a gazillion pieces!

After that I never got another gift from her, which was fine by me.
Old 11-30-2001, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry

LMAO!!! This thread is too funny. Here are a few of my worsts: When I was in high school, all my friends and I would have a grab bag deal, where you pick names out of a hat and you have to buy that person a gift. The minimum was supposed to be $10. Well, the girl who picked me had the nerve..... the NERVE to get me some hideous earrings that looked like the were made out of papier mache!! Like something a first grader would make in a craft class.

One Christmas, my uncle who doesn't really have a lot of money got my brother and me these HUGE down vests. Now I like down vests, but it wasn't the snug cute ones that girls wear, the thing was gigantic like I would soon be going on a trip to Antarctica and I needed a TENT. But I wasn't mad at him since I was aware of his financial situation.

Another time, in high school, we had the grab bag thing right after me and my best friend at the time fell out over something stupid. So she went around talking ish on me, telling everyone I was cheap and all this. Well, just her luck I got her in the grab bag that year.. and guess what I got her? A big fat-azz bag of NADA D@MN THANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I showed her how cheap I was....

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 11-30-2001, 03:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by DSTSolo01
and guess what I got her? A big fat-azz bag of NADA D@MN THANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I showed her how cheap I was....
Oh MY GOD!! I was really thinking maybe you gave her the papier maiche-esque earrings or the down vest but NADA D@MN THANG is hiiiiiiiiiiiiilarious. I cannot breathe too good right now.
Old 12-03-2001, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to #1 Leading Lady Send a message via Yahoo to #1 Leading Lady
My Aunt bought me and my cousins these sweatshirts that light up (battery operated) and then she had the nerve to have our names put on the back...we was like WTH you do that for? First you want us to look like complete fools and let people know our names too....not cute.

Then two years ago the same Aunt bought me and my cousins ( mind you we are grown 21 and older ) the whole suite up pajamas with the flap in the back ...again not cute. Mind you my boyfriend at the the time was like yeah I like those
Old 12-03-2001, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by #1 Leading Lady
Then two years ago the same Aunt bought me and my cousins ( mind you we are grown 21 and older ) the whole suite up pajamas with the flap in the back ...again not cute. Mind you my boyfriend at the the time was like yeah I like those
I want some of those!! Feet in, too?! Yeah, I want some of those!!!
Old 12-05-2001, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by carolyne
[B]When I was about 8 years old, my aunt sent me a sexy baby blue lingerie outfit.

What the h&!! was you supposed to do with that at the tender age of 8?
Old 12-17-2001, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Imperial11
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by carolyne
When I was about 8 years old, my aunt sent me a sexy baby blue lingerie outfit.

What the h&!! was you supposed to do with that at the tender age of 8?
That's exactly what my mom and I wondered. It was too big when I got it, too. When I got to high school, I started using it as underwear under my church clothes.
Old 12-18-2001, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

My maternal grandmother is a seamstress, so one year she gives me and my sister these huge, white, holiday decorated sweaters, and...This is where it gets good...

She went through her photo archives and finds two of the most hideous pictures she has, (my sister in her fat years and me with about an inch of hair yanked into a ponytail) blows them up, and sows them to the front of the sweater!
And.....my mom made us wear them all day. It was like a walking advertisement for UGLY! We were the laughing stock of the family all day!
Tamika
Old 12-18-2001, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kiml122
Quote:
Originally posted by Nubian
My maternal grandmother is a seamstress, so one year she gives me and my sister these huge, white, holiday decorated sweaters, and...This is where it gets good...

She went through her photo archives and finds two of the most hideous pictures she has, (my sister in her fat years and me with about an inch of hair yanked into a ponytail) blows them up, and sows them to the front of the sweater!
And.....my mom made us wear them all day. It was like a walking advertisement for UGLY! We were the laughing stock of the family all day!
Tamika
Nubian,

You got me cracking the hell up...yes that is truly classic.

Be Breezy - Calvin from "House of Payne"
Old 12-22-2001, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

i have a cousin that is known for bad gifts. and when i say bad gifts, i mean BAD (we're talking "pinto beans for birthdays").

well, she gave my aunt a spoon for CHRISTmas once, and a spatula to another aunt. not a spoon set or spatula set, but a spoon independent of a fork and knife, and A spatula!

for a family gift, she gave us (we are a family of 5) a dish towel with "NOEL" knitted on it.

she has grandbabies, so we bought them a gift. when we brought it to her house, i guess she felt guilty and was compelled to give us something. she gave my mother a votive candle (just 1), and she gave me, my sister and my brother a game. now, number 1, i was 19, so my sister was 23 and my brother was 15. this game was a little mermaid board game designed for 3 year olds. the game had been opened and played. it had cut-out pieces, that had been, yep, cut out already. but, she did throw in a chuck-e-cheese's pen!

and, i know we are talking about CHRISTmas gifts, but i have to tell you what this same cousin bought another one of my cousins for graduation. graduations are a big thing in our family (maybe because so many people don't and didn't go to college), so we give good gifts. the cousin who was graduating was making an attempt at college (she did 1 year), so we were buying her things like luggage, a trunk, etc. well, when she came to ms. bad-gift's present, we all sat at attention, waiting for a new story to tell--we were not disappointed. she gave her a box of kleenex and a puff-paint shirt that she had on the day before and that she wore in her vacation pictures she showed us. she told my cousin, "you said you liked the shirt, so i decided to give it to you." by the by, she didn't like the shirt. she was just being nice.

I Stay Woke!!
Old 12-22-2001, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Never Give Used Stuff as Presents

Quote:
Originally posted by MeezDiscreet
i have a cousin that is known for bad gifts. and when i say bad gifts, i mean BAD (we're talking "pinto beans for birthdays").

well, she gave my aunt a spoon for CHRISTmas once, and a spatula to another aunt. not a spoon set or spatula set, but a spoon independent of a fork and knife, and A spatula!

for a family gift, she gave us (we are a family of 5) a dish towel with "NOEL" knitted on it.

she has grandbabies, so we bought them a gift. when we brought it to her house, i guess she felt guilty and was compelled to give us something. she gave my mother a votive candle (just 1), and she gave me, my sister and my brother a game. now, number 1, i was 19, so my sister was 23 and my brother was 15. this game was a little mermaid board game designed for 3 year olds. the game had been opened and played. it had cut-out pieces, that had been, yep, cut out already. but, she did throw in a chuck-e-cheese's pen!

and, i know we are talking about CHRISTmas gifts, but i have to tell you what this same cousin bought another one of my cousins for graduation. graduations are a big thing in our family (maybe because so many people don't and didn't go to college), so we give good gifts. the cousin who was graduating was making an attempt at college (she did 1 year), so we were buying her things like luggage, a trunk, etc. well, when she came to ms. bad-gift's present, we all sat at attention, waiting for a new story to tell--we were not disappointed. she gave her a box of kleenex and a puff-paint shirt that she had on the day before and that she wore in her vacation pictures she showed us. she told my cousin, "you said you liked the shirt, so i decided to give it to you." by the by, she didn't like the shirt. she was just being nice.

I am over here LMAO as I prepare to wrap Christmas presents.

I have an idea this year PAY HER BACK, get her ONE SOCK, ONE SHOE and other miscellaneous things that would piss u off if you got them. Throw in the shirt you had on the day before and hook it up with a trial size pack of tissue.

Last edited by CrimsonTide4; 12-22-2001 at 09:00 PM.
Old 12-22-2001, 08:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to novella000
....words cannot describe how hard i am laughing right now....

This is friggin hilarious...
Old 12-22-2001, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

that reminds me...

one christmas my family did polyanna and my uncle and aunt in ga. sent me a dark blue teddy and robe with champagne glasses on it. i was frickin 13 and was like "what the hell? do they know they picked me???"
two christmases before that, in another crappy polyanna gift-giving moment, my cousin who is 2 years older and 2 times bigger than me bought me this zip-up sweater with a leopard pattern and this huge fur collar with matching skintight leopard stirrups... of course i wrapped that sucker up and gave it to another cousin the year after that...
i mean she might be stank.. but it dont run in the family...
Old 12-23-2001, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrettyPetite
Back in elementary school, we had a grab bag gift giving activity. Basically, everyone was supposed to spend no more than ten dollars, and buy a gift to put in the bag.

I bought a Barbie doll, and a Barbie outfit as my contributing gift, so I didn't give a cheap gift. But, when it was my turn to grab, I grabbed a long tube....wanna know what was in it? Some DAMN CONFETTI...AND A CARD MADE OUT OF NOTEBOOK PAPER THAT SAID MERRY CHRISTMAS. WTF?!

Some funky gifts given in my family: I have a cousin that is about 15 years older than me. Well, one year, about ten years ago(My cuz was about 27 at the time), she gave my grandmother an atomizer....WITH NO PERFUME IN IT. Plus she left the price tag on, and we all knew she paid five dollars for it at Family Dollar or something. Needless to say, my grandma was like, "What am I gonna do with an EMPTY ATOMIZER?!" (My granny is very outspoken.) She talked about that thing until about JUNE.