GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 973
1 members and 972 guests
Titchou

Old 03-22-2012, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

WTF!
When will I ever learn?
Not all parties are created equal and not to invite everyone?
Some people are nice but have no clue about inviting others who are not in the same social strata.

Now ex friend who dated half the city via eharmony to find a boyfriend is coming.
This is the same ex friend who when I took her to the mall would show the make up artists the "hot guys" that she was dating on her iphone to them. The same ones that she met online. The same ones that she never kept dating. It was embarrassing. Her eharmony boyfriend has a small chin, reminiscent of an alien. When I first met him, i asked him how he would feel about a party of 200 he said that he would rather shoot himself in the head. She should have coached him not to say that to me. Bad first impression. And now he is coming to this party. Dumb fuck.

I swear, next time, really I do, I am not going to be nice and invite others. They just might invite ex friend who dated half the city via eharmony.

A little late...excuse my shallowness.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-22-2012, 05:01 AM
GreekChat Member

I wish I could fall asleep
Old 03-22-2012, 07:24 AM
GreekChat Member

They turned on the A/C at work yesterday so it was freezing in there. But when I leave work at the end of the day it is hot. Makes it hard to know what to wear to work!
Old 03-22-2012, 11:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
They turned on the A/C at work yesterday so it was freezing in there. But when I leave work at the end of the day it is hot. Makes it hard to know what to wear to work!
Holy crap, it was freezing here (at work), too. Thank God, I'm almost done for the day. Two more spays and I'm getting out of this igloo.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 03-22-2012, 11:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinette View Post
Celebrating my 21st birthday by finishing up a bibliography. At least it'll be done two days early.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 03-22-2012, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Pardon my french but

I FUCKING KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN.

Today we are 100 days away from the wedding (WOO WOO WOO!) I gave up on the job search in fiance's city a long time ago after sending out my resume to all media/ad agencies in town, having a few informational interviews because no one was hiring and reaching out to a recruiter who said "Yeah...there's really not much going on in advertising there."

Today, on the 100 day to the wedding mark, I get an email from one of the agencies asking for an update because they have some openings. Le sigh.

Waiting for my fiance to get home (cause I'm here visiting! woo!) from work so we can talk about it. At this point I definitely want to stay in Chicago. I've lived there all my life, everything I love (except him at the moment) is there and as a bonus, aside from maybe NY and San Francisco, Chicago is where you wanna be in my industry. But it's only fair that I tell him about this and let him voice his opinion. Luckily for me, I have a strong feeling he's going to say don't bother. He is really unhappy with his school is 99% sure he would not come back. The 80 hour weeks, zero support/organization from the administration and lack of supplies (HE'S TEACHING WITHOUT TEXTBOOKS!!!!! TEACHING HISTORY!!!!!) is not exactly ideal.

I'm just frustrated because where was this in August?? That would have TOTALLY changed the situation.

I don't know what I'm even getting so worked up about, it's not like this is an actual job offer, just a follow up email, LOL
Old 03-22-2012, 12:33 PM
GreekChat Member

So freaking nervous about this interview this afternoon. I'm not even positive that I really want the job, but I just have this bad feeling that I can't quite shake.

In any case, if they ask me for my FB info...I'm out of there.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
How now?
Norfolk State. Lehigh. Xavier. WTH. Actually I'm still leading my pool so not too bad in the end.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 03-22-2012, 01:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Atlanta Braves' Chipper Jones has decided to retire after this season.

Glad he got to choose when and how.

Thanks, Chipper, for your hard work!
Old 03-22-2012, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel View Post
Join www.sociallygreek.com today!!!
No.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSAI View Post
^^^I kept putting off getting pet insurance. Now, I have a chinchilla with chronic dental issues and none of the pet insurance companies will insure her.
!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
How long have you had your chinchilla? Sometimes the insurance company will request all of her prior vet records, when you make a claim, especially a large one. If you can do that and it shows that there weren't any pre-existing conditions, or if regular dental maintenance was involved (performed by your vet), you might be able to find an insurance company that will pay the claim, or at least most of the bill.

eta: so sorry about your chinchilla.
I didn't get pet insurance either. I didn't even know there was any pet insurance at all until recently. I thought health insurance was just for people. I got both my dog and cat from a shelter. My dog is still relatively young, and I still have his records from the shelter, and some of the recent visits to the vet. I'll check it out, because vet bills are high as hell. Other than regular visits, if something went drastically wrong with my pets, I might would have to put dudes to sleep LOL. Regular visits are expensive, so I can't imagine what it would cost if they had a disease. Can the vet pull up is old visits, ones that I don't have anymore, so I can show proof? If it can save me money, it's something to look into. For real.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel View Post
Join www.sociallygreek.com today!!!
Go away.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Go away.
*searches for "like" button*