GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi Omega
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,525
0 members and 2,525 guests
No Members online

Old 09-21-2004, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GoldnBlue2004 Send a message via Yahoo to GoldnBlue2004
Homecoming 2004

Represent your college homecoming and let everyone know what events are planned on your yard. I know that at JC Smith, the Delta Phi Chapter old skool members usually have a tailgating/cookout in the parking lot at the Homecoming Game. This year we are playing Bowie State and the game will take place October 30 beginning at 1pm followed by a stepshow afters. Come out and support, but let us know what is going on on your yard. I think that NC A&T is having a cookout at the plot around there Homecoming weekend which is October 9.
FL 06

A Phi A...there is no other way.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-21-2004, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Football Opponents

With luck you can get someone from Bowie State interested in starting APO there!

NCA&T's homecoming opponent is Morgan State, another section 84 school that could have APO. (I think APO was represented in the school activities fair at Morgan State this year by brothers from other chapters)

YiLFS
Randy Finder
Old 09-21-2004, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GoldnBlue2004 Send a message via Yahoo to GoldnBlue2004
Re: Football Opponents

Quote:
Originally posted by naraht
With luck you can get someone from Bowie State interested in starting APO there!

NCA&T's homecoming opponent is Morgan State, another section 84 school that could have APO. (I think APO was represented in the school activities fair at Morgan State this year by brothers from other chapters)

YiLFS
Randy Finder
Yeah I met an ole skool cat who pledged at Morgan at a conference. It would be great to have these two schools as well as others recharter or start a charter.
FL 06

Old 09-21-2004, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Quala67
starting a new chapter

If anyone knows of students at schools that do NOT have an active chapter, please have them contact their appropriate Section Chair or Region Director - the Fraternity is committed and looking for growth!

And yes, there is an effort to try to restart the Mu Gamma chapter.

Alumnus, Zeta Beta/Va Tech and ADI/VCU
Advisor, Alpha Beta Omega/ODU, Phi Mu/NSU, & AZPhi/Regent U
Old 09-22-2004, 10:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SexySuperstar Send a message via Yahoo to SexySuperstar
Our homecoming at The University of Maryland, College Park is October 9-16. We're doing a lot more than I thought we were. We have a battale of the bands(I don't think it'll be as good as any HBCU but I'll go try it out) and our tailgate party is on the 16th. We're playing North Carolina State! Sorry to anyone who goes there but we will win. As our saying goes, "We must protect our house!". If anyone knows anything else going on though I would love to know!

Alpha Phi Omega
Epsilon Mu- Uinversity of Maryland, College Park
Old 09-22-2004, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes brothers, the frat is hurting bad at these black universities, we really need to start getting interest at these universities and get there charters back. i mean im all about all cultures in APO but on the black side we are struggling and need to help with efforts that nationals is putting forth reactivating these black universities again. We are all brothers but in the black cultrue it is easier for us as black people to go on a black campus and talk to them then for a white brother. so lets get these efforts started.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CasanovaAPQ
Yes brothers, the frat is hurting bad at these black universities, we really need to start getting interest at these universities and get there charters back. i mean im all about all cultures in APO but on the black side we are struggling and need to help with efforts that nationals is putting forth reactivating these black universities again. We are all brothers but in the black cultrue it is easier for us as black people to go on a black campus and talk to them then for a white brother. so lets get these efforts started.
Brother, trust and believe I am ready whenever you are. I do believe that we should try to bring the HBCUs back. I am proud that I had the chance to be a part of the initiation/re-charter process for the Delta Phi chapter at Johnson C. Smith University. The problem I think is that most African-American students are not used to what they don't see. You usually hear more about the Divine 9 when you are in high school and to be truthful about it, some students come to college just to pledge these organizations. I try my best to tell my chapter brothers at Smith to represent to the fullest and everywhere I go eventhough I am a grad. now, I will try my best to wear some type of frat nalia or something.
FL 06

Old 09-22-2004, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Varies by school...

Sexy superstar, for good or ill (good for having active chapters, ill for extension), all of Maryland's football opponents have active chapters of Alpha Phi Omega. Guess you'll have to look at other sports. 1/2

OTOH, for Johnson C. Smith only two of their ten opponents have active APO chapters. (GA Southern & Wofford).

Randy

Last edited by naraht; 09-22-2004 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Hyper2 Send a message via Yahoo to Hyper2
Re: Football Opponents

Quote:
Originally posted by naraht

YiLFS
Randy Finder

Well from what I have heard from a Brother that lives in the area. Bowie does have some interest in starting a chapter. Also if we put our minds to it, and really enforce membership we could have all HBCUs in the CIAA reactivated/rechartered. That's going to take alot of hard work. I know through the power of service it can happen!

*Yes I have been MIA for awhile, but I'm back!
Old 09-29-2004, 08:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey Hyper! How are you? I hope everything is okay. Glad to have you back to GC. Take care and everything that you mentioned about rechartering/reactivating the CIAA chapters is so true. With a lot of service it can be done. See you around lb. Peace!
FL 06

Old 09-29-2004, 10:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Football Opponents

Quote:
Originally posted by Hyper2
Well from what I have heard from a Brother that lives in the area. Bowie does have some interest in starting a chapter. Also if we put our minds to it, and really enforce membership we could have all HBCUs in the CIAA reactivated/rechartered. That's going to take alot of hard work. I know through the power of service it can happen!

*Yes I have been MIA for awhile, but I'm back!
That's great! Is this a person on sectional staff? I didn't see anything on Bowie State in the Mid-summer extension report, though...

Bowie is certainly large enough for a chapter. (Enrollment of abour 4200), has all of the NPHC fraternities plus PhiAPsi and PhiOPsi.

As for the CIAA. The entire CIAA is within Region III (MD,DC,VA,NC) but no DC schools
Chapter status & enrollment (from edonline.com) for the CIAA schools.

Western Division
Fayetteville State University - Phi Tau (S79) - Inactive - 4000
Johnson C. Smith University - Delta Phi (S79) - Active - 1400
Livingstone College - No chapter (S79) - 700
North Carolina Central University - Tau Delta (S80)- Inactive- 5600
Saint Augustine's College - Upsilon Kappa (S80)- Inactive - 1700
Winston-Salem State University - Tau Chi (S79)- Inactive - 2800

Eastern Division
Bowie State University - No chapter (S84) - 4200
Elizabeth City State University - Chi Lambda (S80)- Inactive - 2130
Saint Paul's College - No chapter (S83) - 650
Shaw University - No chapter (S80)- 2500
Virginia State University - Psi Tau (S83)- Inactive - 4000 (currently a target in section 83)
Virginia Union University - No chapter (S83)- 1500

A lot of great schools. Talk to the appropriate section chair and Region III extension staff!
Old 09-30-2004, 12:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Hyper2 Send a message via Yahoo to Hyper2
No, this is my line Brother from Delta Phi, she is from the Bowie area! She has many friend who are interested and know of some students that may be interested.

As for Virginia Union they were an petitioning group about a year and a half ago, but after a major hurricane hit the area they never was able to complete their process.

From what I can see, if majority of the chapters recharter the CIAA would be full of students who are ready to do service in all parts of the Region!

I get excited thinking about the day that the every school in the CIAA will be active with APO Brothers!
Old 09-30-2004, 08:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Hyper, that is so true. I am enthused to see that you are excited to have most of the CIAA institutions charter/recharter. I will be ready and willing to help assist with this effort if possible. Call me if you need anything.
FL 06

Old 09-30-2004, 09:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hyper2
No, this is my line Brother from Delta Phi, she is from the Bowie area! She has many friend who are interested and know of some students that may be interested.

As for Virginia Union they were an petitioning group about a year and a half ago, but after a major hurricane hit the area they never was able to complete their process.

From what I can see, if majority of the chapters recharter the CIAA would be full of students who are ready to do service in all parts of the Region!

I get excited thinking about the day that the every school in the CIAA will be active with APO Brothers!
Can you send me a PM with your line brother's email? I'd like to get her the info on how to get those interested students in contact with the National Office and then in turn with the sectional and regional staff...

I don't have info on VUU, unfortunately. I know they did make PG, but don't have more info than that. The RD or SC would know more.

I've heard of some interesting service projects done as part of a school athletic rivalry, from blood donation competion to raising money by face painting at the football games between the schools.

Randy Finder
Old 10-04-2004, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BlueNGold Send a message via Yahoo to BlueNGold
NC A&T Homecoming Events

This is Marvin a member of Kappa Psi chapter at NC A&T. Since I'm in Iraq, i still want to give my 2 cents of Aggie pride on this forum.

This is our homecoming schedule starting today.

Oct 4 @ 4pm "Rock the Block Party"

Oct 5 @ 8pm Comedy Show (usually it is someone from BET comicview or someone popular)

Oct 6 @ 6pm Fashing Show by Verge Modeling Club.

Oct 7 @ 6pm Coronation

Oct 8 @ 8pm Greek Step Show (Please come and represent APO)

Oct 8 @ 8pm Alumni Concert Will Dowing & Chaka Kahn

Oct 9 @ 8am Homecoming Parade

Oct 9 @ 1:30pm Kickoff Aggies verse Morgan State

Oct 9 @ 8pm Concert JayZ and R. Kelly (Greensboro Coliseum)

Most events are not free so get your tickets at the Ticket office on Campus. Its beside the bookstore.

Inaddition all Alumni events are held at the Sherton Four Season Hotel off High Point Rd across from the Mall.

Also Kappa Psi is hosting a cook out on the plot. Please come out and fellowship with my chapter members and alumni. The APO plot is located beside Hines Hall and along with the PAN 9 greek organization plots. The cook out begins about 2:30pm.