GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,432
3 members and 1,429 guests
PGD-GRAD, Sarak24034

Old 09-26-2002, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Founders Day

Seemed like a good time for a fresh thread!

Is anyone out there going to Syracuse for the "cracking of the cornerstone"? Is there anyone lurking out there from Syracuse who can give us a report???

What's happening in your area for Founders Day? I know it's two weeks away, but I can't wait!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-26-2002, 07:39 PM
GreekChat Member

What's the cracking of the cornerstone?

Our local Founders' Day celebration is happening at International HQ; they're having cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend because I'll be in Iowa City for homecoming -- of course that will be tons of fun, but I hate to miss the festivities.
Old 09-26-2002, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

That was my little "tongue in cheek". Alpha chapter found an old cornerstone when they did a refurbish of the house, and they're going to be opening it up during their Founders Day celebration. Can you just imagine what might be in it????
Old 09-26-2002, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Here in Atlanta we will be having our Founder's Day Celebration at the posh restaurant Anthony's in Buckhead. Alpha Phi International President Crista Vasina will be speaking.

My mom (also an Alpha Phi) and I will be going. Should be fun!

Ca: I had heard about the event at Syracuse. It sounds like a neat thing. I would love to have been able to attend.

For those who haven't seen the invite here it is:

Hosted by the Michaelanean Society and Fingerlakes Alumnae Chapter
Date: Friday, October 11

On June 22, 1886, a special group of Syracuse Alpha Phi's laid a "Cornerstone" into the foundation of the Alpha Phi Chapter House. These women placed "a number of items" into the "Cornerstone" before cementing it into place. A special ceremony, song, and dedication speech were part of the festivities...and the event drew quite a crowd!!

On October 12, 2002, the Michaelanean Society and Fingerlakes Alumnae Chapter will be opening this original "Cornerstone"...and we hope that you will join us!!

Listed below is the tentative schedule for this historical weekend.

Friday, October 11, 2002
Dinner

Saturday, October 12, 2002
Victorian Tea and 50-Year Ceremony
"Cornerstone" Opening
Formal Chapter Meeting and Founders Day Ceremony
Formal Dinner

We hope that you will join Alpha Phi's from across the country in witnessing this historical Alpha Phi event! We look forward to seeing you in October.
Old 09-26-2002, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

I was supposed to go to to Alpha to represent a group of volunteers but because of my current travel schedule for work I can't....after three weeks straight on the road my hubby does expect me home!
Old 09-27-2002, 01:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh my gosh, that sounds sooo awesome!! I would love to be there for that.

I will be spending Founder's Day in my home town w/o an Alpha Phi's. We do not have an alumnae chapter, so I have no idea how many Alpha Phi's are in the area.
Old 09-27-2002, 01:22 AM
GreekChat Member

SATX*APhi: No alumnae chapter down in Corpus? Maybe you should do something about that!
Old 09-27-2002, 01:46 AM
GreekChat Member

I would love to, and actually, I e-mailed a few sisters from HQ back in June/July, but never heard anything. I've been so busy recently that I have not had time to follow up. I know there are a few A-Phi's down here and also know that we need an alumnae chapter. Any suggestions? Do you happen to know THE person I need to contact?
Old 09-27-2002, 12:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Yep...Cindy at EO is the Alumnae Director. I'll PM you her e-mail address. She could also help you by running a current list of A-Phi's in your area. I have no idea who would be the AMC (Alumnae Membership Coordinator) for your region off the top of my head. I have the list at home though and will try to remember to look up who it is an PM you that info too!

I'm in the Bay Area so for us Founders Day is a huge luncheon with 5 - 7 collegiate chapters attending and a lot of alumnae present too! Beta Psi chapter is hosting this year so the event will be in San Jose. I can't wait!
Old 09-27-2002, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

AMC's are listed on the Alpha Phi WebPage . We also have a new EO staff person in the alumnae department. Her name is Alissa Meyer. You can get her contact information here . Your AMC is Betty Jo Fuller.

Good luck!

Laura
Old 09-29-2002, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

CA -
I graduated from UCSB last Spring and I'm in my first year of Alum. membership. A lot girls from Gamma Beta now live in the Bay Area and we were wondering if there was anything going on up here for Founders Day. You mentioned Beta Psi is holding an event in SJ - Is that open to ANY alums in the area? There are about 8 or 9 of us that would LOVE to attend, we just haven't gotten the alum. thing down yet. I have been in contact with the Monterey Bay Alums. but since there isn't a collegiate chapter here, the celebration (if there is one) is small.

Any info you could pass on would be great.

Delia
Old 09-30-2002, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

YES, Delia and any other alumna/e in the Bay area on Sunday 10/13, please come to the celebration at Lou's Village in San Jose! Starts at 11AM and cost is $25. Last minute guests are ALWAYS accomodated but PM me and I'll give you the e-mail address to RSVP on. Last year I got to sit with a few really neat Lambda alumnae from the late 70's who now live in the Hollister area so you never know who you'll meet!
Old 09-30-2002, 01:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you both "a CA in CA" and "lauradav" for the information. I have e-mailed, so let's see where that goes. I will let you all know what happens.