GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Zeta > Zeta Phi Beta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,471
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, veasfrances2534
» Online Users: 2,229
1 members and 2,228 guests
Cookiez17

Old 06-02-2006, 11:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up I don't know if this thread exists but..

Well I saw this topic on another thread from another org.

Why Zeta Phi Beta? What is one of your most cherished memories as a member of Z-Phi-B?
[feel free to elaborate]

Also, just wanted the brothas feeling on becoming Sigmas? What are your cherished memories of Phi Beta Sigma?

For me: Zeta just embodies that extra that I was looking for in an organization. I was doing my reasearch and found that Zeta represented what I wanted in an organization and that she will not compromise her values and principles to get the job done. Finer Womanhood in itself says a lot and for Zeta to establish that as a way of being then that was it for me. Scholarship is a given, Service to me should be apart of everyone's agenda and Sisterly Love is deeper but relative to Sisterhood. You can have sisterhood but to exhibit sisterly love to me is to go above and beyond.

I don't have many memories since I am new but one I have so far is that out of all the greeks, Zeta and Sigma had the largest number of graduates at my school. IMO

Last edited by BluBlaZon; 07-04-2006 at 10:24 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-05-2006, 01:25 AM
GreekChat Member

What there are other sororities? (LOL)

I have been a Zeta for 14 years now and my Sorors are truly like family. When my mom was sick and eventually passed my Sorors & Frat were right there by my side through it all.

I couldn't see myself being anything else but a Zeta. I can go anywhere and look up a Soror or Frat and be treated like Fam. It's automatic. You're just starting your journey but you will see that the Blue and White bond is like no other.

One of the things that really attracted me to Zeta was the way they carried themselves. On my campus Zetas were about business. You didn't see them at all of the parties but when it came to community service and academics it was all Blue and White.

When I crossed our entire chapter was on the dean's list. It was beautiful when the school gave out the honor roll/dean's list ribbons. Our entire chapter took a picture by our plot with our ribbons. Our chapter had the highest GPA in the entire NPHC. I'm proud to say that most of our members had straight A's.

Finer Womanhood was a concept that really caught my attention too. Zeta was everything that I was and wanted to be. I've brought a lot to the organization but the organization has also given me a lot. Zeta's principles make you examine who you are.

I have a lot of memories but I would be here all night writing.

Congratulationz Soror it won't be long before you have many fond memories too.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I, too, am new to the Blue and White family. I do not have a lot of memories yet, but they are coming. But I do know that when I was in college, the Zetas never had an uppity attitude, they treated everyone nicely, no cliques. The Sigmas were the same and always had the Zetas back and vice versa. That always carried with me. When I got older, I noted Zetas supported a lot of the same organizations and Z-HOPE was the clincher. I am a nurse and I really wanted to help people reach their highet health potential. And 15 years after I graduated from college, I joined a graduate chapter. It is never too late to follow your heart.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

bumping this for all who missed it
Old 07-12-2006, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZAWannabe Send a message via Yahoo to ZAWannabe
Lightbulb

I love all that Zeta stands for and the bond that Zetas and Sigmas share. I'm really going to need that kind of love if or when I become a Zeta. For now I'm just waiting until I turn 14 so that i can be an Archonette. I want this more than anything and I hope that I get it because I've been waiting for years and my time is near. Again, I REALLY respect the love that Sigmas and Zetas show toward one another. Don't ever change!

God Bless!
Renee'
Old 07-31-2006, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Bumpin' again
Old 10-01-2006, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

one mo' bump
Old 11-14-2007, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Why Zeta?

This is not really a memory, but it's more of what originally attracted me to Zeta. For me, every single Zeta that I have met throughout my life has been a real woman: down-to-earth, easy going, friendly with that certain je ne sais quoi! I can't say the same for other sororities - one or two members here and there were like that, but not EVERY single member that I ever met. That really attracted me to Zeta because frankly it just fit my personality. Then as I learned more and more about it, that finer womanhood concept truly reeled me in. It's just the most beautiful concept ever created! To strive to be a finer woman - not a FINE woman but a FINER woman - in every aspect of one's life in today's climate is just simply beautiful to me! Stork's Nest went for the kill. Zeta had me for life! Although I'm a neo, I have never been prouder, happier or felt such responsibility bestowed upon me as I do now as a member of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. I look forward to creating many bluetiful memories!

Now, who's next?

Last edited by Bluetiful; 11-14-2007 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I too am a fall 07' neo and I have to say that the love I have recieved from my sororz has been amazing. Even as an interested person, my now sororz still welcomed me with open arms. Growing up in a family of Zeta's, I learned what finerwomanhood really meant at an early age. I love the work that we do as Zeta's and I realize that the REAL work begins once your a member. Shoot, a week after we crossed, we were off to our first state leadership conference. I loved every minute of it and I am soooooooo excited and soooo ready to get to work.

ZZZZZZZ-Phi