GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,353
2 members and 1,351 guests
g41965

Old 10-07-2014, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Update: My adviser is going to sponsor me and we will get all the paperwork done once I formally graduate. She already has contacts in a local chapter of the sorority that I will be phyiscally close to which I can be initiated at. Wanted to share the good news. Now I just have to finish my last year!
Old 10-07-2014, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iona View Post
Update: My adviser is going to sponsor me and we will get all the paperwork done once I formally graduate. She already has contacts in a local chapter of the sorority that I will be phyiscally close to which I can be initiated at. Wanted to share the good news. Now I just have to finish my last year!
Congratulations! Come back once you're initiated so you can share which group you're going to join if you so choose.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Great! Good luck, and let us know when you get accepted.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 10-07-2014, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

So excited for you!!!! Congratulations!!
Old 03-25-2015, 10:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi all, it's been awhile. This year has been flying by and graduation is right around the corner. I met with my adviser recently to go over some things and emphasized that she still hopes sorority XYZ is of interest to me- which it absolutely is! So my next steps are to wait for her to put me in contact with the head of an alumnae chapter near where I'm moving to so that I have connections when I do relocate. She said I can either go through the ritual with the alumnae chapter or at a collegiate chapter, and that I'll know which once I move. She told me a lot of ways I can help out and be involved once I'm officially a sister, which got me very excited. I'll let you know when I have another update and hopefully I can tell you which sorority it is in the next few months!

Last edited by iona; 03-27-2015 at 12:04 PM. Reason: wording
Old 03-27-2015, 07:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Glad it is going well for you. AI is definitely a different (read: longer) process than traditional recruitment at the collegiate level, but well worth the wait and effort. Please keep us posted, and good luck!
Old 03-27-2015, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Point of protocol, and I only mention it because I was at an alumnae panhellenic meeting last night with a bunch of women who were saying it wrong. You will be an alumna of an alumnae group (pronounced alumnee). Calling yourself alumni is like nails on a chalkboard to some of us. I'd hate to have you annoy the crap out of a potential sister in your process.

Based on something you said, I know you are not joining my sorority, but I wish you the best of luck with whichever sorority you are joining. Alumnae membership is wholly different than collegiate, but also very fulfilling.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
Point of protocol, and I only mention it because I was at an alumnae panhellenic meeting last night with a bunch of women who were saying it wrong. You will be an alumna of an alumnae group (pronounced alumnee). Calling yourself alumni is like nails on a chalkboard to some of us. I'd hate to have you annoy the crap out of a potential sister in your process.

Based on something you said, I know you are not joining my sorority, but I wish you the best of luck with whichever sorority you are joining. Alumnae membership is wholly different than collegiate, but also very fulfilling.
Good point and thank you for correcting me on it! I'll be sure to watch what I say in the future.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Hi all, it's been awhile. This year has been flying by and graduation is right around the corner. I met with my adviser recently to go over some things and emphasized that she still hopes sorority XYZ is of interest to me- which it absolutely is! So my next steps are to wait for her to put me in contact with the head of an alumnae chapter near where I'm moving to so that I have connections when I do relocate. She said I can either go through the ritual with the alumnae chapter or at a collegiate chapter, and that I'll know which once I move. She told me a lot of ways I can help out and be involved once I'm officially a sister, which got me very excited. I'll let you know when I have another update and hopefully I can tell you which sorority it is in the next few months!
Wherever you initiate, if the group in question doesn't have a specific chapter designation for AIs, I STRONGLY recommend getting to know as many members as possible (collegiate and alumnae) of the chapter whose designation you will carry.

Last edited by 33girl; 03-27-2015 at 10:10 PM.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Wherever you initiate, if the group in question doesn't have a specific chapter designation for AIs, I STRONGLY recommend getting to know as many members as possible (collegiate and alumnae) of the chapter whose designation you will carry.

If you are going to be initiated with the collegiate chapter and carry their chapter designation, I STRONGLY urge spending some time with the collegiate members and getti
I absolutely plan to, and thank you for reminding me how important that would be. My advisor said so much about the relationships she has formed and how the experience of being an AI has been for her, so I am looking to create friendships with wherever the initiation would be. There are three collegiate chapters near where I am moving, and an active alumnae chapter as well. She has been very good about leading me through this process (as much as she can while I'm still in school), and I'm thankful for her help!