GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,448
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Theanex
» Online Users: 2,332
2 members and 2,330 guests
flamboyanttree, Xidelt

Old 04-25-2012, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig View Post
Please clarify so we can help with advice:

1- How many fraternities are currently on campus?

2- How long have they been chartered? (If you know)

3 - Approximate size of each group?

I'm asking in order to get an idea about your campus. This information can help with where we can guide you.
Thanks, thats helpful.

Theres 8 NIC fraternities to my knowledge on campus and 2 of them are colonies which one got started last semester and another last year. 2 fraternities have only been around in the last 2 years. The other 4 have been here for a while. One has been here since 2001, other 3 since the 90s. Each group varies in size. Some have 70-80 members, some have 30-40, some even have 20-30.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-25-2012, 02:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
No, it's really not that hard to believe.
You beat me to it.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahotboi View Post
Thanks, thats helpful.

Theres 8 NIC fraternities to my knowledge on campus and 2 of them are colonies which one got started last semester and another last year. 2 fraternities have only been around in the last 2 years. The other 4 have been here for a while. One has been here since 2001, other 3 since the 90s. Each group varies in size. Some have 70-80 members, some have 30-40, some even have 20-30.

Okay.

Now:

1- What's the approximate size of your school?

2- Is it in a large urban area? Medium sized town? Small, college style town?

3- Are there dorms on campus?

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 04-25-2012, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
*panics, looks in pants and sighs in relief when he still sees he has a penis*
I have one too, it's just attached to my husband.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Again, this is what I mean. First off, this is GC, and most of your posts I really can't take seriously (especially all these Rosie and MJ memes, like seriously?). Second, your really overvaluing what your saying just for your own sake, what your saying is not as important as you like to believe.
Don't worry, I know exactly what my opinions are worth. I have a Y chromosome and everything.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Well again when you sit there and post a bunch of nonsense and dont get straight to the point, of course I am not going to take anything you say seriously.
Again, this is my point. You said women can't respond, and now you're mad that they're responding negatively. You're really shocked by this? You're surprised that they don't want to give you advice?

Quote:
My problem with half the **** these posts say is that your making judgments so easily without really knowing any real facts. It's like any sort of explanation I have you refuse to listen to.
Hello, kettle? This is supahotboi. You're black.

@~/~~~~
Old 04-25-2012, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Again, this is what I mean. First off, this is GC, and most of your posts I really can't take seriously. Second, your really overvaluing what your saying just for your own sake, what your saying is not as important as you like to believe.
Right back at you. Yes this is GC. We take grammar and spelling seriously. We even had a poll on whether or not it was serious to the members of the board. It was voted very important. Also you are asking for advice and therefore should at least be somewhat polite to us. If you aren't going to treat us with respect then we will think you aren't serious. Would you ask advice from a group of knowledgable people in real life and treat them this way? If the answer is yes, then you will have a lot of fun in the real world. We don't have to give you advice and in fact, you are making it more likely for us to think you are an annoying immature brat who wants the easy way out. Yes, you have done work and we understand you want a break. We are saying that if you want to be successful, taking a break will hinder you.

Secondly, you are overvaluing what you are saying and undervaluing us. Many of us (women included) have been involved with colonizations and not just sororities. You are throwing away advice you deem unimportant because it is from women even though it is exactly what the men are saying. Honestly, the bottom line is that there is more work to be done and you keep saying you don't want to. You have to meet guys you don't know. YOu will have to work towards it. If there are men going to your college from your hometown rush them at home. Try having a BBQ or something or go out for drinks.

Stop complaining, start listening. TO EVERYONE. This isn't just for Greek Life but for reality as well.

"We should never pretend to know what we don't know, we should not feel ashamed to ask and learn from people below, and we should listen carefully to the views of the cadres at the lowest levels. Be a pupil before you become a teacher; learn from the cadres at the lower levels before you issue orders."
— Mao Tse-tung

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 04-25-2012, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

How freakin' ironic. Check out this article that was posted today on Phiredup.com

http://www.phiredup.com/index.php?op...rdpress&p=1866

@~/~~~~
Old 04-25-2012, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
How freakin' ironic. Check out this article that was posted today on Phiredup.com

http://www.phiredup.com/index.php?op...rdpress&p=1866
That's perfect! How much you wanna bet lukewarmboi completely ignores it?

Old 04-25-2012, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

After reading your posts here, it isn't hard to see why you're having trouble getting guys interested in joining you in this effort or why the other fraternities didn't want you.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Y'all are not paying attention. That article couldn't possibly have anything relevant for the op. a female found it. Besides, he needs a break this summer.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig View Post
Okay.

Now:

1- What's the approximate size of your school?

2- Is it in a large urban area? Medium sized town? Small, college style town?

3- Are there dorms on campus?
We might be able to help us if you tell us where you go to school or at least what conference (if any) it is in. For instance, if it is in the SEC conference, that may be different than if it is a Big Ten or Big East school. What state are you in? What is your campus culture? These things are helpful to know in order to answer your questions.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Thanks, thats helpful.

Out of 8 fraternities, you didn't like ANY of them? Why? This is far different from the original picture you painted of a school with "no traditions." The 90s are 20 years ago, and a school with groups sustaining 80 members hardly can be classified as "nothing" where Greek life is concerned. Let me show you a school where the groups (all of them) struggle to break 30, then we'll talk.

If you are expecting SEC or Big 10-type Greek life to happen at a commuter school, it's not going to, unless the school makes a drastic and overly quick turnaround in the type of student it recruits and their policies (i.e. requiring all underclassmen to live on campus, etc). That applies, no matter who you choose to colonize with.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

There are 2 colonies currently in place and STILL you can't find a home within an existing situation? I smell founderitis. Or rejectment from every existing chapter AND colony. With 2 current colonies on campus, I can imagine no NIC fraternity would jump on board to a 3rd that can't keep up with the two colonies that are competing in size with the existing chapters. There is a point of diminishing return, and even if you were enthusiastic about recruiting members, you'd still have trouble attracting a viable group from the leftovers of the existing fraternities and two apparently successful colonies.