GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,621
2 members and 1,619 guests
*winter*, speedsters

Old 12-27-2009, 07:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Sometimes it's further up than your chapter.
True. But what she said was:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplePiePhi View Post
But due to how the chapter was ran, how much money it cost to be apart of something that certainly was not a sisterhood for myself, and not what I got into a sorority for, it was best for me to leave than to stay and go crazy.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Sometimes it's further up than your chapter. And this being Canada, I'm guessing they have issues that the US might not understand.
I've actually PM'd her. She and her Alpha Pi Phi sisters really did just have issues with the running of the chapter that couldn't be rectified. It had nothing to do with AOII as an organization, and she specifically told me that they all still respected and loved AOII. I believe that what she told me is true and that chapter politics can at times be insurmountable for some people. We'll never know what exactly happened, but I counseled her to make the most of her new organization without the mention of where the founders may have started. I don't think she meant any harm with her earlier posts, but hadn't thought through how others might read into them.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 12-27-2009, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
I've actually PM'd her. She and her Alpha Pi Phi sisters really did just have issues with the running of the chapter that couldn't be rectified. It had nothing to do with AOII as an organization, and she specifically told me that they all still respected and loved AOII. I believe that what she told me is true and that chapter politics can at times be insurmountable for some people. We'll never know what exactly happened, but I counseled her to make the most of her new organization without the mention of where the founders may have started. I don't think she meant any harm with her earlier posts, but hadn't thought through how others might read into them.
This is true - I did not mean any harm, this all started out by saying how being called "apple pies" wasn't classy - my argument was against that as it's a nickname that we welcome whole heartedly as it's not done in a derogetory way, as we're known on campus to be very classy with how each individual girl leads their lives. And just because I had mentioned before because it was brought up by someone who knew the history of another local at Carleton that had split off from AOII (and asked if we too came from the same circumstances, which I will not deny when asked, which included when we are asked about it from our pledges but not much detail at all is given) does not mean that in turn on this particular board did I denounce them and how "classy" they are - I didn't involve any particular organization, only that we happen to be one of the few (as I believe, although I am biased but being known for being "chill" girls instead of ones (as well as fraternity boys or GDIs) that make a terrible show at any social outing). I'll be the first one to say that there are a few organizations on our campus that are "classy" by default just because they go to none of these events at all - it's not the point of this post or thread however, and to connect things I've said throughout other posts and try to relate them to each other is just another way of trying to put words in my mouth, which is unappreciated.

As for what had happened in my prior organization, it's something that if I did divulge on these boreds I would probably have many people upset about "airing my dirty laundry", which I already know better not to do. Fact is that regardless of what I did to try to make things better within the chapter, it did not go that way, and our advisors and HQ was not planning on lifting a finger to help the situation. All that was done to try to still make it a sisterhood for myself along with the other 2 was the most we could do, we even tried to become alum, but the end of it being that girls can be very nasty, and I'm not willing to pay the amount of money I did to be tied to the majority of them and have to put up with things for another 2 years. I'm sure you would find the same story with the other girls that have left the organization previously. i would only hope with their new initiated classes that things are now different for them and that it evolves into a better ran chapter, because it's the hardest thing to denounce something you once loved, and I would hope our situation wouldn't happen to anyone else. I do have to say it's helped us with many aspects of APP, where we've learned what to do right, what not to do, and how to choose our girls. like AOII_Angel stated, I loved AOII, and I still respect the values their Ritual holds - one that I haven't divulged the secrets of, and which we kept far away from in the creation of our own Ritual. But the politics and cruelness of that particular chapter put myself and others over the edge. It's something no one can judge unless you knew all the details of what had happened - even some of that chapter didn't really know the actual reasons behind us leaving, as the advisors didn't bother on telling them the truth. But what's done is done.

Αγάπη, Πίστη, Φιλία
http://www.alphapiphi.com/
Old 12-28-2009, 09:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
This is true - I did not mean any harm, this all started out by saying how being called "apple pies" wasn't classy - my argument was against that as it's a nickname that we welcome whole heartedly as it's not done in a derogetory way, as we're known on campus to be very classy with how each individual girl leads their lives. And just because I had mentioned before because it was brought up by someone who knew the history of another local at Carleton that had split off from AOII (and asked if we too came from the same circumstances, which I will not deny when asked, which included when we are asked about it from our pledges but not much detail at all is given) does not mean that in turn on this particular board did I denounce them and how "classy" they are - I didn't involve any particular organization, only that we happen to be one of the few (as I believe, although I am biased but being known for being "chill" girls instead of ones (as well as fraternity boys or GDIs) that make a terrible show at any social outing). I'll be the first one to say that there are a few organizations on our campus that are "classy" by default just because they go to none of these events at all - it's not the point of this post or thread however, and to connect things I've said throughout other posts and try to relate them to each other is just another way of trying to put words in my mouth, which is unappreciated.

As for what had happened in my prior organization, it's something that if I did divulge on these boreds I would probably have many people upset about "airing my dirty laundry", which I already know better not to do. Fact is that regardless of what I did to try to make things better within the chapter, it did not go that way, and our advisors and HQ was not planning on lifting a finger to help the situation. All that was done to try to still make it a sisterhood for myself along with the other 2 was the most we could do, we even tried to become alum, but the end of it being that girls can be very nasty, and I'm not willing to pay the amount of money I did to be tied to the majority of them and have to put up with things for another 2 years. I'm sure you would find the same story with the other girls that have left the organization previously. i would only hope with their new initiated classes that things are now different for them and that it evolves into a better ran chapter, because it's the hardest thing to denounce something you once loved, and I would hope our situation wouldn't happen to anyone else. I do have to say it's helped us with many aspects of APP, where we've learned what to do right, what not to do, and how to choose our girls. like AOII_Angel stated, I loved AOII, and I still respect the values their Ritual holds - one that I haven't divulged the secrets of, and which we kept far away from in the creation of our own Ritual. But the politics and cruelness of that particular chapter put myself and others over the edge. It's something no one can judge unless you knew all the details of what had happened - even some of that chapter didn't really know the actual reasons behind us leaving, as the advisors didn't bother on telling them the truth. But what's done is done.
QFP
Old 12-28-2009, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
This is true - I did not mean any harm . . .
I'm more than glad to take you at your word, especially if AOIIAngel is satisfied.

But I do need to respond to this:
Quote:
And just because I had mentioned before because it was brought up by someone who knew the history of another local at Carleton that had split off from AOII (and asked if we too came from the same circumstances, which I will not deny when asked, which included when we are asked about it from our pledges but not much detail at all is given) does not mean that in turn on this particular board did I denounce them and how "classy" they are - I didn't involve any particular organization, only that we happen to be one of the few . . . and to connect things I've said throughout other posts and try to relate them to each other is just another way of trying to put words in my mouth, which is unappreciated.
I don't think it's putting words in your mouth at all. It's understaning what you've said in one place in the context of what you've said in other places, something that happens at GC and in real life all the time, every day. I completely accept that you didn't mean to suggest anything condescending about your former sorority. But do you really not see how what you said could easily be taken that way?
Old 12-29-2009, 08:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
I just have pay homage to the longest run-on sentence I've seen in a long time.

Quote:

Last edited by AlwaysSAI; 12-29-2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xidelt View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't want to be nicknamed "the apple pies" on campus. I don't find that very flattering, classy, or appropriate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyKKG View Post
Maybe she doesn't get why it can be perceived as icky. Seen "American Pie"??

I must be the only one that thought of Apple Dumplin' from Strawberry Shortcake and not some vulgar reference to "American Pie"....

I pictured this:

and thought "that's really cute!!!!! "

I really doubt the "Apple Pie" thing is nearly as derogatory as people are making it out to be.

Θ Φ Α

Old 12-30-2009, 09:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPA85 View Post
I pictured this:

and thought "that's really cute!!!!! "
No, that's really scary!!
Old 12-30-2009, 09:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
No, that's really scary!!
Oh, she's Berry Berry cute!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 02-28-2010, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venisenorani View Post
Blue is symbolic of friendship, the basic spirit upon which Alpha Delta Pi is founded. White symbolizes sincerity and truth. Alpha Delta Pi seeks sincerity and truthfulness in all its members.That is very nice site according to me.......There are many different topics available here so I hope that you will read care fully and take more information......
LOL - no.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Name: Delta Psi Delta, founded Sept 15 1991 in Ottawa

Official Colors: red (passion), purple (sigma pi) and white (unity)

Mascot: Wolf

Official Flower: Red rose and olive branch

Main Symbols: Olive Branch, Dove

Open Motto: "Our unity is our strength."
Old 11-02-2010, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPsiDGirl View Post
Name: Delta Psi Delta, founded Sept 15 1991 in Ottawa

Official Colors: red (passion), purple (sigma pi) and white (unity)
Old 11-02-2010, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Agreed.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Maybe there was someone who helped them create their group, and he was a Sig Pi?
Old 11-26-2010, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
The Sigma Pi chapter on campus helped found us (a very long and dramatic story) and we are forever thankful to them for bringing our founding mothers together so one of our official colours was chosen to represent them!