GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,007
1 members and 1,006 guests
No Members online

Old 12-04-2002, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alphaiota Send a message via Yahoo to alphaiota
breast enhancement

so i have to ask what everyone's thoughts are on breast enhancement and breast reduction.
i myself have a very large chest and want to have breast reduction surgery. i've researched it greatly and have found out a lot of goods and bads about it.

goods - i can run and be more active, no back problems, no more increase in shoulder indents from bra straps, possibility of more sensation, both of them would be the same size

bads - deformation of breasts, loss of sensation, the fact that it is major surgery

thoughts, comments, etc. welcome

shelley j
sigma k
Old 12-04-2002, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I think the risks outweigh the benefits.
Old 12-04-2002, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
i know quite a few people who have had to gert reductions...they say the benefits outweigh the risks
Old 12-04-2002, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Augmentation sounds good to me . . .

Also, if people sneer about real vs. fake. . . well if I can touch them they are real enough for me. . .
Old 12-04-2002, 11:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I myself need to get my boobs reduced, but that's all a matter of exercise and diet.

I agree James. I don't know why the big deal over Britney's boobs being fake or not, they're still nice and I'd still like the use them as a pillow and live there forever in hapiness and tranquility.
Old 12-04-2002, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

If it is healthier for your breasts to be smaller, I say go for it.
Old 12-04-2002, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

How big are they? I mean, are they gargantuan so you can't function? If not, I would say leave them alone. I have a friend who had breast reduction surgery, and she said that it was the most PAINFUL, AWFUL thing EVER in the world. Plus she had to have a tube hooked up somehow so that she could empty the fluid after the surgery. Gross!!

If you're having problems running or with shoulder straps, I would say that you might want to look for better bras. I have no problem running because I found some awesome bras that totally mush the girls so they don't bounce. It's not pretty, but it works!

Anyway, breasts are fun! Sure I can't wear little strappy tanks or baby tees, but I wouldn't trade them for anything!
Old 12-04-2002, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

A friend of the family had their daught go through the reduction surgery WHILE she was in high school. I never noticed how big she was, but I suppose if they're in the way and causing problems such as back pain, then it would be benificial to go ahead and do it.

I've always thought about getting implants myself because I'm not terribly big. However, I know my mother was flatter than an ironing board and once she started having children they got a lot bigger.
My ex's sister on the other hand had pretty decent sized breasts I guess before she had Grace and then afterwards she lost a lot in size. So I guess there's no written rule
Old 12-04-2002, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I like big titties. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 12-05-2002, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Ohhh, I read on that other thread where you mentioned that you wear a G cup. I didn't realize that when I posted earlier, but now I see more where you're coming from -- I can definitely understand how that would be big enough to interfere with your life. Do you think you're going to do the reduction?

For me, the easiest breast reduction is losing a few pounds. That's what I want to do right now, because I just gained a few and it goes right there. It's annoying.

As for fake boobs, I really don't have an opinion and it's a pretty foreign idea to me since I couldn't even imagine wanting larger breasts. A friend of mine had hers done, and they do look nice. They're very, very perky -- I think you can tell when breasts are fake -- I'm not saying that's bad, but you can kind of tell. She has another friend who is this tiny, teeny little thing, and she went out and got these gigantic breasts. That just looks funny -- if you're going to get them, at least have them look like they fit with your figure.
Old 12-05-2002, 03:41 AM
GreekChat Member

James - great comment. you sound just like one of my good guy friends. "if i can touch them, they're real!"

I've had friends go thru both types of surgeries. The one who got the reduction was SO happy. she was having major back problems before. after the surgery she felt and looked a lot better, it was easier to find clothes to fit, etc.

My roommate just did the augmentation this year. I took care of her because she didn't tell her parents (long story). She totally underestimated how painful it would be. She felt like CRAP for days. Percocet is only so good. Couldn't really move around much for a couple weeks. her whole chest area was pretty swollen for awhile too - you know the doctor is cutting and pulling apart the muscle wall and shoving a foreign object in there. your body does NOT like that. but the swelling really freaked her out because they looked a lot bigger than she wanted them to be at first.

Now, a couple months later, she's happy she did it. They look really good. but that first month absolutely sucked. it's definitely not something to be taken lightly.
Old 12-05-2002, 08:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Alphaiota, I sure don't have the same problem as you, but a few of my sisters do and they say it's horrible! One of them is getting a reduction soon.

On the subject of boob jobs, I know someone who recently got it done and it doesn't look too good. Maybe they will, you know, sort of sag over the years and start to look more normal, but now they just look like balloons attached to her chest! I had to bite my tongue to keep from saying, "You spent $4,000 for *that*?!?" Now I think I'd rather just have a small chest than "doctored" ones...
Old 12-05-2002, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

yeah like valkyrie posted i have a G-H cup (depends on brand of bra) and would like to have them reduced to a D-DD cup.

you're very right, losing weight does tend to help the *problem*. i've been told that no doctor will do the surgery until i'm down to a "proper" weight, which seems silly cuz the whole reason i'm not very active is the fact that it hurts my boobs when i run, but whatever.

so i've been working out and eating properly for the last three months. how much have i lost? 10lbs. that's right....a mere 10lbs. although i do weight train a little. none of the weight has been out of the boob area. but at least my jeans are getting loose.

another thing, my insurance will most likely pay for it too cuz it's causing medical problems.

the funny thing is i am nervous about doing it mostly b/c i'm worried i'll look fatter afterwards. it's silly cuz i'll be losing the weight and the size, but i'm afraid i'll look disproportioned. odd i know, but i've had them this big since i was in middle school so i don't know what it is to be normal sized. i also won't be able to do my party trick anymore.

shelley j
sigma k
Old 12-05-2002, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

oh yeah, i've also had like 4 sisters get it done and they couldn't be happier. pain wise, well, not much of an issue. i have a very high pain threshold.

shelley j
sigma k
Old 12-05-2002, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I have several friends who have had it done and absolutely RAVE about how much better they feel. I plan on having a reduction done next spring/summer when I can get two weeks for vacation time. I'm sick of back pain, shoulder scars and them just being in the way! I WILL be a C cup