GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,465
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, EmilOrtiz4
» Online Users: 2,521
2 members and 2,519 guests
EmilOrtiz4

Old 08-15-2013, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Help I need advice!

Ok so I know I'm going to get a lot of negative responses to this thread but I need advice on a long distance relationship. My boyfriend and I have always been friends through high school but we didn't start dating until the end of senior year. We've both realized this summer that we are both very important to each other. Problem is, I'm leaving for college which will be 5~6 hours away from him. We agreed that he will come see me at the end of september and every month after that if it feels right to keep doing so. I am about to rush for a sorority next week and I was wondering how much time it will take up and how I can manage my time to fit him in if that's possible? Will I even be able to spend time with him when he comes to see me for the weekend? I know that there's a lot of commitment when you first join, but what will it be like about a month into it?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-15-2013, 03:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorority life feels a lot less like prison-time than you seem to think. You're over-worrying your future.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:11 PM

You will have obligations that may be mandatory, and there's a possibility that the time you designated for him to visit won't work out. When/if you get a bid, you should get a sorority calendar stating what happens what weekends. You shouldn't be told on the spur of the moment "road trip to California" or whatever - that's considered hazing. Sorority women are busy with many things and this is why the calendar's planned out far in advance. Once you know what your schedule will be, talk to him and let him know.