GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,134
2 members and 2,132 guests
John, Low D Flat

Old 03-27-2002, 05:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to hawaiiagd Send a message via Yahoo to hawaiiagd
Back to the top!

This roll call is just too much fun to leave in the archives... so back up to the top it goes... my turn!

Name: Mai Ly

University and Chapter: University of Hawaii - Delta Sigma

Collegian or Alum: Alum

Why I joined: So many reasons but two biggest ones... pride and ritual. During RUSH, the Alpha Gams totally had their act together... uniform, name tags, organized, bright smiles, attention to detail... couldn't resist stopping by their Open House. The local sororities were all sitting around eating their lunches and talking with each other... didn't even look like they were interested in recruiting anyone! Then the Alpha Gams held a beautiful little ceremony to present us with our bids... I was hooked. Ritual still makes me teary.

Greatest memory: I could write you a novel of my greatest memories as an Alpha Gam... but I guess my absolute favorite would be... my life as a pledge! Boy did we have some good times...

As an alum... and now the Chapter Advisor for Delta Sigma... I continue to build upon my great memories... I think I've even managed to create a few for some collegians along the way.... right Sandy?... (teapot song....start singing sister!)
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-31-2002, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up my information

Name: Jennifer (Jeni)
University: Texas A&M University COrpus Christi
Kappa Gamma Chapter Collegate member
Why AGD?
I joined Alpha Gam b/c the women of the Kappa Gamma chapter are outstanding. These ladies took me in after a really bad break up and were there for me 24/7 eventhough i wasn't a member yet. now, that's true sisterhood. needless to say i joined right after that. i have no regrets to this day.

I HOPE EVERYONE ELSE IS AS HAPPY AS I AM IN AGD.
Old 03-31-2002, 10:47 PM
Unregistered-

Re: Back to the top!

Quote:
Originally posted by hawaiiagd
This roll call is just too much fun to leave in the archives...

As an alum... and now the Chapter Advisor for Delta Sigma... I continue to build upon my great memories... I think I've even managed to create a few for some collegians along the way.... right Sandy?... (teapot song....start singing sister!)
My last semester as a collegian was definitely THE MOST MEMORABLE...thanks to Mai and the alums! [singing the teapot song] **"Im a little Alpha Gam...**
Old 04-01-2002, 04:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi everyone! I am new to GreekChat, so I figured I'd post here first. Here's my info for everyone:
Name: Donielle
College/Chapter: Lafayette College, Zeta Theta
I'm an alumna (graduated May 2001)
I joined Alpha Gam because all of the girls were awesome and they were nothing like the snobby, fake girls that overrun Lafayette. Zeta Theta was the smallest chapter on campus, but what we lacked in numbers, we more than made up for in character! Joining was one of the best things I ever did. All of my AGD memories are my favorite ones! I'm hoping to make a lot more memories as Scholarship and Alumnae Relations advisor.
Old 04-01-2002, 05:50 PM
UMgirl

Hi and welcome to Greek Chat Donielle! Hope you enojy the boards at much as we all seem to.

-- Mai Ly and Sandy... Can we all learn the "I'm A Little Alpha Gam" song or is it like a Delta Sigma thing? . Sounds cute and some might be able to use it for rush (if it's clean ).

Loyally,
Tonya
Old 04-01-2002, 07:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Definitely not one to use for RUSH!!!!!!!

LOL!

I'll leave it to Sandy to pass the song on to you all.... If I sat here and typed in the words... Sandy, as the moderator, would have to edit all but the first line....

LOL!
Old 04-02-2002, 01:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink roll call

Name: Allie May

Chapter: Epsilon Omega at Truman State University in Kirksville MO

Collegiate (senior) currently serving as Alum Relations

Hello everyone!!! I set up one of these message boards for our alum but it's great to see a nationwide one! This is so exciting!

Why I joined AGD: These girls made me feel like I could be myself around them and they would accept me for who I am!
Old 04-02-2002, 02:20 AM
Unregistered-

Talking

As always, I'm late to the party.

Donielle and Allie May, welcome to the board! If you have any questions about GC, feel free to ask away. Your sisters are here for you! We hope you enjoy posting here as much as we do.

Add this info for the Roll Call:
As of a few weeks ago, I was appointed Hawaii Alumnae Chapter Editor. I've been keeping myself busy keeping up with updates and doing the Spring Newsletter. I finally got it done and MaiLy was so kind enough to help me out with the copying and postage! I've only been an alumna for three months, so this position is very challenging, but exciting nonetheless. Plus, it's great to know what your sisters (near and far) are up to!!! They called me the Coconut Wireless in High School...now I'm finally putting my talents to good use!
Old 04-02-2002, 11:18 AM
UMgirl

Welcome to GC Allie May!

--Sandy, congratulations on your position as alumnae editor for your chapter's newletter.

--Leslie, when I come done on Sat. do you want to have lunch or something? Train gets in at about 11 or noon. And Initiation isnt until midnight. Ill let you know if things change and ill email you anywho.

BTW......

That song would be a MAJOR rush infraction/violation. I loved it though
Old 04-02-2002, 01:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by UMgirl

BTW......

That song would be a MAJOR rush infraction/violation. I loved it though
Ahhhh.... I see Sandy has been carrying out some song lessons...

Good girl! Does a sister proud...
Old 04-02-2002, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats, Sandy! I know that putting together a newsletter is lots work!!

Is there going to be an article on GC? lol

Here's a trick if you don't already do it...on the mailling label, have the sister's Member ID if you know it (like 001-xxxx for someone initiated at Alpha). Makes it easier to notify IHQ when it comes back undeliverable.
Old 04-03-2002, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to JenAGD Send a message via Yahoo to JenAGD
Sandy,

Congratulations!! Also, I just HAVE to know the "I'm a Little Alpha Gam" song. Trade you one dirty song for another!

LIEP
Jen
Old 04-04-2002, 02:02 AM
Unregistered-

Thumbs up

I FINALLY got a chance to read each and every post in this thread, and I came across Tonya's post asking if we could keep this thread "sticky"...and here ya go! It's a great idea especially when we get new sisters logging on the GC...this'll be the first thread they'll see!

Jen, heh heh I'll send it to you via PM in a bit.
Old 04-04-2002, 12:55 PM
UMgirl

Thank ya much Sandy!
Old 04-08-2002, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello Everyone!!!

My name is Keri. I am an alum from Epsilon Beta - Univ. of Kansas. Pledge class of '93.

My favorite memory of AGD was my Pledge Class Retreat to Tan-Tar-A at the Lake of the Ozarks.

Thanks and looking forward to the collaboration.

-Keri

Last edited by kcjayhawk1; 04-08-2002 at 08:31 PM.