GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 311,199
Threads: 115,190
Welcome to our newest member, sschreimanmarcu

Old 01-13-2013, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

ALPHA PI ZETA SORORITY INC.

HELLO MY NAME IS LIZZETTE AND I AM A PROUD MEMBER OF ALPHA PI ZETA SORORITY INC. WE ARE A PLUS SIZE SORORITY. WE ARE FORMED ON DECEMBER 14, 2010.

THE VISION OF ALPHA PI ZETA SORORITY, INC. IS TO STRENGTHEN THE INNER WISDOM AND TRUE FAITH WITHIN A PLUS SIZE WOMAN. TO CHERISH,HOPE, AND BE COMMITTED TO EXCELLENCE WITHIN ALL WOMEN.

THE PURPOSE OF THIS SORORITY SHALL BE TO UNITE ITS MEMBERS IN BONDS OF LASTING AND CHERISHED FRIENDSHIPS, TO STIMULATE ONE ANOTHER IN THE PURSUIT OF KNOWLEDGE AND INNER WISDOM, TO PROMOTE THE MORAL AND SOICAL CULTURE OF ITS MEMBERS, AND DEVELOP PLANS FOR GUIDANCE AND COMMITTED IN ALL ACTIONS AND FAITH;TRUSTWORTHY OF THE HIGHEST AIM AND PURPOSE OF ASSOCIATED EFFORT OF STRENGTH..

VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO SEE MORE ABOUT US:www.alphapizetasororityinc.com
Old 01-13-2013, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

So, how are you different from Chi Zeta Theta or Phi Delta Nu Psi?
Old 01-13-2013, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Wait, are there THREE sororities for plus size women?
Old 01-13-2013, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

I didn't know there were any. We all have larger women in our groups. Oh, well.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, according to Google.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Enlighten me...

Don't throw stones or food at me here.

What am I missing here?
Why a sorority for plus-sized women?
I'd like to think that my org did not discriminate based on the weight. We had women of all different sizes. And we were not the "Barbie" chapter.
Honestly, I have seen some plus-sized women be more put together than those anorexic stick women.
Since you are non-collegiate, why can't you just join Beta Sigma Phi?
What happens when a sister loses several pounds? Is she not allowed in the chapter? I would certainly hope not!

No reason why you can't have a sorority for plus-sized women.

The more I think about it, I wonder if groups like these not only accept but encourage obesity. "Hey, there is a sisterhood for plus-sized women, come on over! We will accept you! Oh, yah and keep eating that fatty-fried food because we will love you! If you don't want to lose weight, that's okay too! Nevermind, that you will die sooner because we will still love you." Aren't there other groups that can offer support for people with obesity?

Yes, I know that not obesity is caused by overeating. Medications, metabolism, etc. can affect it.

Yes, I come from the one of the states with least obesity in the country. Being around all of these thin people makes one want to be thin. I am a size 10-12. I have gone up and down the scale. My lowest was a size 8 if not a size 6. I never once sought out a group for support. I changed my life style and eating habits because I wanted to fit in my ski pants. I wanted to feel better. It took work. My best support was telling my friends and coworkers how much I lost weight. The more I lost, the more compliments that I got; a sort of avalanche effect. It felt so much better than any double chocolate cake tasted. Sure, me and friends talk about healthy eating. We do it at parties. Some friends are in weight watchers and we support them. I just never thought of something so deep like a sisterhood based on weight. Whatever floats your boat.

I am sorry ladies, I feel bad, but I just don't get it.
Hate me if you will, but, I see some of these pictures and the amount of obesity is repulsive. It is indignant of our food culture. I look through to the warm smiles and I just wonder, how could you let yourself go? There is a soul in there.

I find that more of male friends are obese than my female friends. In part because it is not a scrutinized.

Enlighten me.

I will wait for the nasty grams to come through.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

As a plus size woman, let me just say that sometimes life happens, and leave it at that.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, Backbowlsgirl, bless your heart.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't really have a problem with this, but what if a sister was extremely overweight, and then she decided to turn her life around, and she started working out and was very thin?

And is there a weight minimum to be considered for membership?

Honest questions.

@~/~~~~
Old 01-13-2013, 11:48 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Quote:
Originally Posted by basiliapz11 View Post
HELLO MY NAME IS LIZZETTE AND I AM A PROUD MEMBER OF ALPHA PI ZETA SORORITY INC. WE ARE A PLUS SIZE SORORITY. WE ARE FORMED ON DECEMBER 14, 2010.

THE VISION OF ALPHA PI ZETA SORORITY, INC. IS TO STRENGTHEN THE INNER WISDOM AND TRUE FAITH WITHIN A PLUS SIZE WOMAN. TO CHERISH,HOPE, AND BE COMMITTED TO EXCELLENCE WITHIN ALL WOMEN.

THE PURPOSE OF THIS SORORITY SHALL BE TO UNITE ITS MEMBERS IN BONDS OF LASTING AND CHERISHED FRIENDSHIPS, TO STIMULATE ONE ANOTHER IN THE PURSUIT OF KNOWLEDGE AND INNER WISDOM, TO PROMOTE THE MORAL AND SOICAL CULTURE OF ITS MEMBERS, AND DEVELOP PLANS FOR GUIDANCE AND COMMITTED IN ALL ACTIONS AND FAITH;TRUSTWORTHY OF THE HIGHEST AIM AND PURPOSE OF ASSOCIATED EFFORT OF STRENGTH..

VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO SEE MORE ABOUT US:www.alphapizetasororityinc.com
CHILL WITH THE CAPS!!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
Why must posters criticize someone else's decision?

If someone has decided this group will fill a need, should she not be encouraged to see her organization succeed or fail on its merits?

Since she's not trying to recruit anyone here, and has only posted a link for information, GET OFF HER CASE!

baziliapz11 - best of luck. Some of the comments you've received here do not reflect a spirit of encouragement for women. I wish I had the authority to apologize and make it right, but there is negativity everywhere, I guess.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I know this post is almost 2 years late but I am here to clear some things up. I am one of the founders of Alpha Pi Zeta Sorority Inc. If you visit our website some of the answers that I was reading here would have been answer. In no way did we say we are encouraging or accepting obesity. We are not about sitting around eating. We focus on the positive of being plus size. Letting people know that just because your big your still beautiful. We help those who have low self esteem or confident due to weight-big or small. Our Sorors get together and work out on a daily basis. So tell me how is that encouraging obesity.

Next there is no weight requirement to join the sorority. If your already a member and lost weight we will be there celebrating with you. That is not a cause to lose your letters. Once a Sister always a Sister.
Please read up on something before making comments. We invite anyone to our website and after you visit and still have question, please feel free to leave a comment and we will answer it.

http://deedydee520.wix.com/alphapizetasorority