GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,469
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, davidjuioro5780
» Online Users: 2,070
1 members and 2,069 guests
oncegreek

Old 12-01-2006, 08:30 AM
Banned

In Zeta, the term is "Honorary Initiate," but it is not "in name only." An Honorary Initiate (that is what they termed my process) has all of the same rights and privileges of ZTA membership as someone who was initiated in college has. In other words, a Zeta is a Zeta.

Good luck with your journey, Corgi.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-01-2006, 09:48 AM
GreekChat Member

OTW, you've raised an excellent question. Tri Delta calls its AIs "honor initiates" or "honorary initiates". My membership certificate states that I was "regularly initiated" with the Alpha Pi chapter. I was initiated with their fall pledge class for Trident and Stars & Crescent degrees.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks

Many thanks for the good luck wishes, and it's good to see the clarification of terms for some of the sororities. I appreciate the thoughtfulness of all who send good wishes my way.
I'm preparing my contact email and have decided to use the names of ski resorts - I just had to come up with something that I would remember and that other creative people hadn't already used. I'm planning to contact a group I'll call Aspen. From the excitement, I feel like I'm at the top of a balck diamond!

Thanks again,

Corgilover
Old 12-01-2006, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

My nerves are showing

My nerves must be showing - I can't type today! It should be black diamond. Oh well, at least it's Friday.

Corgilover
Old 12-04-2006, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

What a touching story! Good luck to you--being a part of a sorority is a wonderful thing and I hope you find exactly what you're looking for.

Also, a side note--I love corgis--mine sadly passed away almost 2 years ago and I miss her very much! She was gorgeous-the best dog imaginable!
Old 12-04-2006, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Condolences

I can understand how you feel, they're the best dogs. Even the Queen of England has been known to say "A nice breed but not nearly as nice as corgis". Thanks also for your kind thoughts, I'm really looking forward to joining a sisterhood and giving back some of the kindness I've received.

Corgilover
Old 12-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Unregistered-

On my way to work today, I was behind a car whose plate holders read:

"I LOVE MY CORGIS"

I thought of this thread.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Contact

I have contact with Aspen and I must say it's like a holiday present to be on the road to something I've dreamed of for so long. Maybe I will get a sign for my car that says "I love my corgis" or just "got corgi?" I've been able to take my mind off waiting for replies by showing my younger dog - she's a handful with a bright mind and very lively personality. I certainly can't snooze when she's in the ring!

Thanks to all who've been kind enough to read the thread and offer advice. And Happy Holidays to all!
Old 12-18-2006, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Good luck with your search.

I love the name....I have a male Corgi

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 12-21-2006, 06:43 PM
GreekChat Member

My dogs

I have a boy and a girl corgi. I'm always glad to hear about another corgi owner. My boy is older and is a champion who will do just about anything for a belly rub. My girl won't sit or lie still long enough for a belly rub. Hug your dog for the holidays!

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

Corgilover
Old 01-03-2007, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichonl View Post
OTW, you've raised an excellent question. Tri Delta calls its AIs "honor initiates" or "honorary initiates".
I've also seen the term of "special initiates" but I forgot which NPC used it.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Any updates so far?

Btw, here is a pic of Baily:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...s/100_0255.jpg

Enjoy

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 02-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Guest1

Buttonz

Baily is so cute!!!
Old 02-05-2007, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Update

I have to say how cute Bailey is! He has that wonderful corgi face that is amazingly expressive for being covered in fur! I will have to look for great pictures of my dogs to attach to my next reply.
I do have an update or two. I have made contact with another group which I will call Snowbird. I have been to one alumni group function and had a wonderful time and felt that we all had so much in common. I'm excited to attend another Snowbird function and meet more of the members. If this is a taste of sisterhood, my decision to look into AI is one of my best. I don't want to say too much about the groups in the interest of being discreet and also since one day I hope to add a guessing section to this thread.

Thanks for the picture and the interest,

Corgilover
Old 02-06-2007, 12:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinKathleenNJ View Post
Baily is so cute!!!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgilover View Post
I have to say how cute Bailey is! He has that wonderful corgi face that is amazingly expressive for being covered in fur! I will have to look for great pictures of my dogs to attach to my next reply.
I do have an update or two. I have made contact with another group which I will call Snowbird. I have been to one alumni group function and had a wonderful time and felt that we all had so much in common. I'm excited to attend another Snowbird function and meet more of the members. If this is a taste of sisterhood, my decision to look into AI is one of my best. I don't want to say too much about the groups in the interest of being discreet and also since one day I hope to add a guessing section to this thread.

Thanks for the picture and the interest,

Corgilover
Thank you, I can't wait to see yours

Good luck with Snowbird, I'm glad that you had a good time with them!

Patriae Multae Spes Una