GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi Omega

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 871
0 members and 871 guests
No Members online

Old 02-15-2004, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
APO Roll Call!

I've seen similar threads in many of the other forums and thought this would be fun for us, since we don't have one here. Plus I'm just nosy and want to know who everyone else is. Please post your name, chapter/school, when you pledged, offices you've held (if any), why you joined APO, and anything else you'd like.

I'll start, since I'm asking.

Name: Rachel
Chapter/School: Mu, Indiana University
Pledged: Fall 1993
Offices I've Held: Campus Activities Chair, VAX Chair (what we called it then, now the title is Webmaster!)
Why I Joined APO: My former roommate pledged a semester before I did, and she really enjoyed it. I decided to go to a rush meeting and check it out...and I stuck around.
Anything Else: Unfortunately, I've not been a very active alum, although I am hoping to change that this year!
Old 02-15-2004, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Name: Rashid

Chapter/School: Mu Alpha Chapter, Georgetown University

Pledged: Spring '99

Offices: Vice-President of Communications (responsibilities included being second-in-command, webmaster, email master, and director of a scholarship endowment); Pledgemaster. On the sectional level, served as sponsor of the Petitioning Group at Howard University. I currently serve on the National History and Archives Committee.

Why I joined APO: To perform more community service; to become uniquely bonded to the campus through Mu Alpha's legacy; to expand my horizons by becoming close to people different from myself.

Anything Else: APO needs major structural and ideological changes to take place at all levels before we can truly be prosperous.

Last edited by Senusret I; 02-16-2004 at 10:04 PM.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Name: Devonte

Chapter/School: Psi Phi Chapter/ Tennesee State University

Pledged: Spring 2003

Offices I've Held: Vice President of Pledge Class & "Current" Vice President of Communications

Why I Joined APO: I was a freshman on campus and APO held their National Service Week events and all the brothers were very nice and I attend the rush and I was interested after that.

Anything Else: I plan on attending the National Convention this year. I'm a road trpper and I plan on being all across the US map.

Last edited by SprintPCS 1925; 02-18-2004 at 02:00 PM.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: APO Roll Call!

Name: Kendra
Chapter/School: Alpha Beta, Penn State
Pledged: Fall 2003
Offices I've Held: None yet. I will be running for one for next year.
Why I Joined APO: I always wanted to be involved in a greek org here on campus. I thought I would be in a sorority but the Lord made sure I knew that it wasn't in the plans for me and He steered me to APO. I came to the last info session for the semester 10 mins after I knew it was going on and I knew I found the place for me here. After I-night, there was no doubts.
Anything Else: This spring we have an awesome pledge class of 30 pledges! I've met all of them and they are truly great assets to the chapter. Also, THON is going on this week. This is our first huge service project for the semester and it is a University-wide event. We have been raising money since October and we have 4 dancers in it. I'm so proud of them. Go to http://www.thon.org/ to get more info.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Roll Call

Name: Eric

Chapter/ School: Psi Phi Chapter, Tennessee State University

Pledged: Spring 2002

Offices held: Vice President of Financial Affairs
Vice President of Service

Why I pledge: To be apart of an Fraternity that is dedicated to service and to enhance my leadership skills.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Attractive#7 Send a message via Yahoo to Attractive#7
Roll Call

Name: Delishia
Chapter/School: Psi Phi Chapter, Tennessee State University
Pledged: April 4, 2003
Offices I've Held: Vice President of Service *Currently holding the position*

Why I Joined APO: Ok...my APO story is kinda long, but here goes. When I was a student at Howard University, my current boyfriend *a student at TSU* would always sing praises of Alpha Phi Omega. He talked like they were the best thing since sliced bread. At the time I had never heard of them. At the same time a very close friend at Kappa Delta (FAMU) was going through rush/pledge class activities. I began to wonder what the heck was APO and why didn't we have it at Howard. Around this same time a certain brother of the fraternity, Rashid, had started to put out info about APO at Howard. I believed and felt strongly about the principles of the fraternity so I joined other students, under Rashid's direction, to form our IG. I was elected the first President of the Howard University Interest Group. * A lil known fact for some people on this forum * Then I transferred to TSU the following Fall. I saw how magnificent the National Service Week was at TSU. The student center was decked out in blue and gold and they had events all week. I went to the information/rush and the rest is history.

Anything Else: I love Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity Inc. *especially Psi Phi chapter...I got love for Zeta Phi too *; however, there are issues that need to be dealt with on a national level and views that the fraternity need to address and agree on.

Last edited by Attractive#7; 02-17-2004 at 12:28 AM.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Name: Randolph Finder
Chapter/School: Originally Kappa Chapter @ Carnegie-Mellon.
Pledged: September 1986
Offices I've held: Parlimentarian, sectional historian, sectional chapter rep, sectional vice chair.
Why I joined APO: One of the boy scout camp counselors at my scout summer camp in Okinawa talked up APO with all of the campers age 15 & up. I got more info at the 1985 NBSJ. Walked on campus and before classes had officially started I had done 3 service hours.

YiLFS
Randy
Old 02-17-2004, 11:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to pirate00 Send a message via Yahoo to pirate00
Name: Gerald

Chapter/School: Kappa Upsilon at East Carolina University (Greenville, NC)

Pledged: Fall 2000

Offices held: Pledge class VP, Intramural Rep, Ex-Officio Member, Interchapter Rep

Why I pledged: I came in APO with a sense that this fraternity's principles are very much in step with mine. Serving others has always been an important part of my upbringing and through my activities before I came to college, such as volunteering and Scouting.

Anything else: I look forward to meeting all of my APO-GC brothers at National Convention, and any other events. The constant exchanging of ideas is vital for our survival.

Last edited by pirate00; 07-15-2004 at 04:50 PM.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Name: Siobhan aka Untamable Diva

Chapter/School: Theta Alpha Stevens Institute of Technology Hoboken, NJ

Pledged: Fall 2001

Offices held: Membership Vice President, voting delegate in New Orleans 2002, currently Pledge Master

Why I pledged: I wanted to help out the community and the people are awesome.

Anything else: I have 18 awesome new pledges. Our CHAPTER is going to be a BIG BROTHER to NJCU. I'm going to have a little from another school, it's going to be awesome.

Last edited by EGDeepher; 02-17-2004 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to #18 S.O.T. APO

Name: Jasmine
Chapter/School: Zeta Phi, Howard University
Pledged: Spring 2003- Petitioning Group Member
Offices I've Held: Petitioning Group President, Communications Co-Chair
Why I Joined APO: Because I liked what the brothers were representing. The petitioning group was a group of people that I got along with well and later got very close with, and as trying as it was at times, I decided to stick it out and now I am glad to say that I am a brother.
Anything Else: I like road trips and so I plan on attending re-charterings and sectionals, as much as I can put into my schedule.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Here's my input!

Name: Erica
Chapter/School: Mu Upsilon, Washington & Jefferson College
Pledged: Spring 1998
Offices I've Held: Vice President Membership, Public Relations Chair, Newsletter Editor
Why I Joined APO: I had always been very involved in community service through high school, so a service fraternity seemed like a natural choice for me. I attended an interest meeting, and I just loved the atmosphere and tradition.
Anything Else: I would love to become involved in some sort of advisory role. We'll see!
Order of the Rose recipient
Old 02-20-2004, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Throw ya hood up!!!

Name: Edwina
Pledged: Spring 2003- Petitioning Group Member-Alpha Line
Offices I've Held: Alumni/Advisor Chair 2002-2004
Why I Joined APO: Found out about APO through Jasmine, enjoyed what they were about and saw the potential impact we could have on campus, enjoyed the brotherhood aspect at the interest meeting
Anything Else: I love my Frat, especially my chapter and most importantly my LB'S THOSE 24...APOcalypse
Old 02-20-2004, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

oops i forgot

How can I forget my SPEC FAMILY, only the tightest family in the CHAPTER, SO Anxious, they ain't ready for those PIMP'S!!!
Old 02-20-2004, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking I'm Alive and Well in Russia!!!

Name: Tomas H.
Pledged: Fall 2003
Offices I've Held: N/A
Why I Joined APO: Well I wanted to continue to serve as I have always done from my days of youth when I was a scout. Tiger Scout--> Cub Scout--> Boy Scout... I also received an Award called the Scholars Promise in the pillar of Service, for helping disadvantage inner-city kids for several years, while in College. I, too, was introduced to a group of brothers when I was in a time of need and they were there for me. So Hey it was Just my Calling.
Anything Else: After I obtain my PhD/JD I hope to become the National President, it is something that I have always wanted to be every since I heard of the organization-when I was a tiger scout.
Old 02-22-2004, 02:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tbdumpsterdiver Send a message via Yahoo to tbdumpsterdiver
Name: Charlotte
Chapter/School: Tau Beta, Appalachian State University
Pledged: Fall 2002
Offices I've Held: Sergeant at Arms, Service VP, Webmaster
Why I Joined APO: I love to do community service and liked the idea of a national fraternity dedicated to such.
Anything Else: The people in this organization are great people. It's nice to be able to go just about anywhere and meet other Brothers (whether you were expecting to or not). Much love to the Frat! Section 79 Conference April 16-18 Boone, NC - Be there!!!
Alpha Zeta Advisor

The Evolution of the Kid - http://harrimac.110mb.com