GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,450
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zluspitt7200
» Online Users: 2,474
0 members and 2,474 guests
No Members online

Old 12-09-2013, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl2000 View Post
It was being considered last year and had been submitted to administration for approval. The response was what is occurring currently. We should get a better feel after this recruitment which was FINALLY officially approved to happen in the beginning of February.

Right after Northeastern presentations, I thought I'd get the chance to be on the other side of expansion. It was a major disappointment for me when that didn't happen.

Alas, I'll have to get my nerdy math fix regarding inner workings with RFM this winter .
Sounds exciting for y'all! I know my friend there was super disappointed when recruitment was cancelled, and then equally excited when it was reinstated. At a smaller, less Greek-heavy campus maybe deferred recruitment is a better idea for girls who are on the fence about recruitment to see Greeks around campus and get a better idea of it Greek life is something they're interested in.

Quote:
I'd be more inclined to think UMass would expand next as far as New England schools that I am familiar with. They lost a chapter in about 2004 or 2005 I think, and the whole system has ballooned since then. Sounds to me like they'd benefit from a chapter in the not so distant future.
Or possibly URI, with them having just lost a chapter and an interest group being formed for a new sorority. Or Quinnipiac because their sorority growth rate has been off the charts as far as new chapters go. I'm excited for more Greek life in New England, at any rate
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-09-2013, 04:03 PM
GreekChat Member

And just a step west from New England, I'd be curious as to responses to the two SUNY openings given the Greek culture (that seemingly needs a bit of a 180).
Old 12-09-2013, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I found these presentations interesting especially after attending our presentation for Northeastern. I've been interested to see how other presentations look, are structured, etc. I'd love to be at a school which is opening for expansion and get the chance to see multiple groups present....
I'm jealous that you got to sit in on some presentations. I would love to see some from other organizations. There is no expansion going on at any of the nearby schools but, should there be, I would like to go check out the presentations. Can just any alumna go check them out (even if you didn't attend that school)?
Old 12-09-2013, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
I'm jealous that you got to sit in on some presentations. I would love to see some from other organizations. There is no expansion going on at any of the nearby schools but, should there be, I would like to go check out the presentations. Can just any alumna go check them out (even if you didn't attend that school)?

I only got to see the Sigma Kappa presentation because I was invited by national council as president of the local alumnae chapter. I know that NUKayDee got to go to both (were going to be 3 groups, but one pulled out), as she was a student at the time. It seemed to me that there were a few members from each organization on campus (fraternities and sororities), as well as some staff from the University. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for the other group's presentation.

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 12-09-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksequins View Post
And just a step west from New England, I'd be curious as to responses to the two SUNY openings given the Greek culture (that seemingly needs a bit of a 180).
Doubt that's gonna happen. They made their bed, now they have to lie in it.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Those packets that were posted looked like the interest packets that get sent before a group is chosen to present, not the presentation itself.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: The interwebs. I understand it's a "series of tubes."
UW Madison has its recolonization chapter set! The organization has accepted, but it looks like they haven't announced to their membership yet, so we want to let them say first. Here's a hint, though, it's a single letter chapter recolonization Yay expansion!

TEII

Last edited by kchaptergphib; 12-11-2013 at 02:19 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 12-10-2013, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchaptergphib View Post
UW Madison has it's recolonization chapter set! The organization has accepted, but it looks like they haven't announced to their membership yet, so we want to let them say first. Here's a hint, though, it's a single letter chapter recolonization Yay expansion!
Ooh, someone please hurry and tell us!
Old 12-10-2013, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
UW Madison has it's recolonization chapter set! The organization has accepted, but it looks like they haven't announced to their membership yet, so we want to let them say first. Here's a hint, though, it's a single letter chapter recolonization Yay expansion!
Well, that narrows it down to...everyone who presented!
Old 12-10-2013, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
Well, that narrows it down to...everyone who presented!
The next Gamma Phi Beta that posts here had BETTER tell us...or, does THEIR posting have a secret meaning?

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Y'all are gonna keep us in the dark? I love expansions, especially single-letter ones! I think you're gonna drive the alums of the three groups crazy teasing them like that
Old 12-11-2013, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes, definitely crazy
Old 12-11-2013, 09:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Now see, when an Alpha Xi posted, I was sure it was good news for us! Now (after me of course) no more posting until it's the big announcement!
Old 12-11-2013, 09:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I know who it isn't, so that should narrow it down a bit for you. (unless something has changed since I last spoke to our expansion team).

Last edited by AGDee; 12-11-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I know who it isn't, so that should narrow it down a bit for you. (unless something has changed since I last spoke to our expansion team).