GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,710
0 members and 1,710 guests
No Members online

Old 06-30-2016, 07:30 PM

Are you active in your alumnae chapter?

Working on this. I am in the middle of a move and would like to be more locally active once life settles.

Are you an advisor?
No

Are you part of a chapter's housing corp?

No

Are you a regional/province/whatever officer?

No

Are you a national officer of some sort?

Yes. I work to help engage our alumnae volunteers and help determine where they can best serve chapters. In short, you talk to me if you're interested in advising and such.

Something else?
No

Lakers Nation.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaPrincess24 View Post
Are you active in your alumnae chapter? I am the founder of one, and now a member of another holding offices of Alumnae Panhellenic Delegate and College Chapter Liaison
Are you an advisor? Yes--Advisory Board Chairman, Ritual Advisor, and Facility Advisors. I have held others roles in the past.
Are you part of a chapter's housing corp? No. I was for two years and served as secretary and president and served for a year on aother chapter's Facility Coporation Board.
Are you a regional/province/whatever officer? No, but hopefully one day in the next 5-10 years I will accomplish that goal
Are you a national officer of some sort? No.
Something else?I am a Life Loyal charter member and yearly Foundation donor. I will be attending my second advisor conference this summer and attending my first Grand Convention last summer. I am helping to co-found the Alumnae Panhellenic Chapter here. I have a large Theta Bucket List to accomplish

Ha! I have a few changes:
Active in Alumnae Chapter--Sorta. There is no longer one present. I pay local dues to one in Louisville, an hour away and ave limited availability on what events I can attend.
Advisor: I'm currently filling in for a chapter as a Risk Advisor until a more local one can be appointed.
Housing Corp: Not anymore, but am a big supporter of the Fraternity Housing Corporation and promote it to advisor friends.
Regional/Province/Whatever Officer: Sort of. I'm a member of the Fraternity Risk Prevention Committee. I stepped down from my previous advisor roles in order to step up to this role. I love it!
National Officer: No
Something Else: I made a leadership level recognition as a donor for 2015 in giving and am set for the next level up for 2016. I just attended my 3rd Grand Convention. I've been to Theta HQ, NPC HQ, Alpha Chapter, and all four founders' graves--and blogged about them for the Fraternity. I serve on a special committee for Theta Foundation. Sadly we were not able to get an Alumnae Panhellenic off the ground.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Active in Alumnae Chapter--Sorta. We have alumna groups that are regionally based that meet up a few times a year. Mine is based about two hours away, but I try to stay connected.
Advisor: Not at this time. I hope that I can sometime in the next few years.
Housing Corp: Nope.
Regional/Province/Whatever Officer: See below!
National Officer: I will be holding a National Board office for the 2016-17 year!
Something Else: I'm going to my first convention this summer! Tried to go last year, but a last minute move that was unavoidable scuttled that.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Are you active in your alumnae chapter? Yes
Are you an advisor? Yes, I'm the Alumnae Relations Advisor-Eta Theta Chapter at Gustavus Adolphus College
Are you part of a chapter's housing corp? They do not have a house
Are you a regional/province/whatever officer? No
Are you a national officer of some sort? No
Something else? I'm an Alumnae Initiate from 2005. I was intiated by the Twin Cities Alumnae Chapter. This is one on the reasons I wanted to join Tri Sigma, to serve.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Sigma Kappa
Are you active in your alumnae chapter? Yes - I try to be active in two of them, though neither is especially close to me and they enjoy having events on weekdays
Are you an advisor? Not anymore!
Are you part of a chapter's housing corp? yes, president
Are you a regional/province/whatever officer? kind of? my national office has me overseeing a specific region
Are you a national officer of some sort? Yes, I'm on the national recruitment team!

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 08-03-2016, 11:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Are you active in your alumnae chapter? Yes, I am a founding member, and recently gave up my position as treasurer
Are you an advisor? Yes, but to a collegiate chaper that belongs to a different organization than mine
Are you part of a chapter's housing corp? No
Are you a regional/province/whatever officer? No, but I've thought about it when life settles down a bit
Are you a national officer of some sort? No
Old 08-03-2016, 10:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Are you active in your alumnae chapter? Sadly, no. There really isn't one active near me at the moment, otherwise I'd join.

Are you an advisor? Sorta? I'm a house mom

Are you part of a chapter's housing corp? Please see previous answer.

Are you a regional/province/whatever officer? No, not really interested in that right now.

Something else? I am SO excited for recruitment! My chapter was super small, so seeing how a chapter of 170+ does recruitment has been utterly fascinating.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Are you active in your alumnae chapter? I am starting to. On the mailing list for things, I need to pay my dues for this year but am waiting to see what they are for the local chapter before paying directly to national.
Are you an advisor? Yes!! I am Membership and Programs advisor for Gamma Zeta, and this fall is my first recruitment doing so.
Are you part of a chapter's housing corp? no
Are you a regional/province/whatever officer? no
Are you a national officer of some sort?
not yet, would like to help in the future.
Something else?
Old 09-12-2017, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Are you active in your alumnae chapter? I sure am!
Are you an advisor? No, but I'd like to give it a try perhaps in the near future.
Are you part of a chapter's housing corp? No.
Are you a regional/province/whatever officer? No.
Something else? I recently took over as president of my local alumnae chapter when our former president moved away. With that, hopefully I can make it to the next Grand Convention. I also became a Life Loyal member this year!
Old 09-12-2017, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

No to all of the questions except 'Something Else?'

I volunteer as the Lead Editor for the sorority's national magazine, The Anchor. And although my title is Editor, I manage, along with the Director of Communications, the entire publication (with three issues per year) from start to finish.

After moving back to NJ this year, I joined the region's alumnae chapter through Facebook. I'm hoping to get to an event soon!

@~/~~~~
Old 09-12-2017, 10:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Are you active in your alumnae chapter? Was until last year. All the meetings are across town and in Atlanta that can be an hour drive. Miss the NW Atlanta group, but we were younger. Members were getting married, having children or their careers were moving them out of the area or careers were taking off.
Are you an advisor? No, but I'd be open to it.
Are you part of a chapter's housing corp? Several years ago I was.
Are you a regional/province/whatever officer? No.
Something else?
Old 09-13-2017, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

1. Yes, I'm president of my alumnae association.
2. Not anymore, I was advising for five years, then stepped back when I was elected to the alumnae association board.
3. No.
4. Not yet.
5. No.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Are you active in your alumni chapter? yes
Are you an advisor? yes - chapter advisor for 6 years - served on campus FSL Strategic Planning committee and search committees for campus FSL staff.
Are you part of a chapter's housing corp? not anymore - just stepped off board after 10 years after conclusion of a major capital campaign and construction of a new house.
Are you a regional/province/whatever officer? no
Are you a national officer of some sort? no
Something else? Former FSL advisor on 4 campuses - volunteer with our HQ CAMAC committee - assists with chapter membership reviews and chapter assessments.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:15 AM
GreekChat Member

I would LOVE to see this thread active again with ideas and experiences!!!

Are you an advisor? Previously
Are you a regional/province/whatever officer? Yes. I am a Region Alumnae Engagement Liaison
Are you a national officer? No but if I had the time it might be something I’d be interested.
Something else? I’m an Alumnae Initiate
Old 01-21-2018, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixAttain View Post
I would LOVE to see this thread active again with ideas and experiences!!!

Are you an advisor? Previously
Are you a regional/province/whatever officer? Yes. I am a Region Alumnae Engagement Liaison
Are you a national officer? No but if I had the time it might be something I’d be interested.
Something else? I’m an Alumnae Initiate
I would love to hear about your role as an Alumnae Engagement Liason- what does your role consist of?? (I wish that orgs would take alumnae involvement more seriously!!)