GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,786
0 members and 1,786 guests
No Members online

Old 02-11-2016, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Donations to chapter

Does anyone know the protocol for donating items to fraternity chapters? I have a few pieces of furniture that I wouldn't mind sending over to my old fraternity house.

Should I contact someone on Exec Council, or the IFC office? Our headquarters are in Indiana, but not sure if there's a Regional Adviser assigned to the chapter. There's very little information on the chapter website - no parents club, no alumni contact, etc.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:16 PM

Contact your school's student life center - most organizations maintain a mailbox. Also, apparently this Instagram thing is a big deal.

Are you in touch with any of your chapter brothers on Facebook?

As far as if you just want to donate it, just deal with the chapter if that's who you want to give it to. I see zero reason to involve regional volunteers or national headquarters.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Some national websites list their chapters with contacts. Our chapter listings have the mailing address, Exec Council names and their email address.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Why don't you simply contact the chapter directly?

No offense intended (although you might be offended, who knows?) - but it's a little presumptuous to think that your used furniture will be welcomed with open arms. Honestly. Be prepared to hear "thanks but no thanks!".
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 02-11-2016, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, I'll just contact the chapter directly. Other than the current executive council and recruitment officers, it doesn't list any other contacts.

Our chapter doesn't really have an active alumni. There's a barbecue here and there, but nothing consistent.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
Why don't you simply contact the chapter directly?

No offense intended (although you might be offended, who knows?) - but it's a little presumptuous to think that your used furniture will be welcomed with open arms. Honestly. Be prepared to hear "thanks but no thanks!".
Depends on the chapter. The fraternities at my school would gladly take any couch you gave them. Sometimes it's just known. They weren't in big huge fraternity houses and when I was in school, I don't think any of them actually purchased a chair/couch... and they all had at least 4 in their living rooms. The couches just kept rotating! And none of them matched

@~/~~~~
Old 02-13-2016, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWguy View Post
Does anyone know the protocol for donating items to fraternity chapters? I have a few pieces of furniture that I wouldn't mind sending over to my old fraternity house.

Should I contact someone on Exec Council, or the IFC office? Our headquarters are in Indiana, but not sure if there's a Regional Adviser assigned to the chapter. There's very little information on the chapter website - no parents club, no alumni contact, etc.
Contact your local chapter and see if they could use it!

I am a life giver to my Fraternity by giving my Life Insurance Policy money to P S U as a scholarship for my chapter only.

I also will be giving many items to the chapter that I have collected over many years.

If they do not need the furniture, maybe another chapter could use it.

It is never wrong to want to donate to your Fraternity as we are all a Brotherhood in some form or another!

Since you keep in touch with some of your Alums there must be a contact or two that you can find and get ahold of them.

Have you tried your National Site to find info on your chapter.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 02-28-2016, 03:14 AM
GreekChat Member

A follow-up to this:

I contacted the chapter directly and got a reply; so I'm coordinating a pick up of the items with one of the members. They are happy to receive the donated items and invited me to drop by for dinner sometime as a thank you, which I will likely do before the school term ends.