GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,040
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, ausinpetrov7195
» Online Users: 1,471
4 members and 1,467 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 01-16-2015, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Starting NPC alumnae association- contact info

Hi everyone!

I have attempted to find this on the NPC website but have had no luck. There are a few of us interested in possibly starting an alumnae Panhellenic- does anyone have contact information for someone that we could ask our questions? We are just looking at what is needed/the process of getting one started.

Thank you in advance!
Old 01-16-2015, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

It's been a number of years since I founded an APH, but I think I started by just calling NPC and asking with whom to speak! (317) 872-3185.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:06 AM
GreekChat Member

They may be able to help you. You may have to go to each of the other groups to get names/contact info for their local folks. We got the basic info on how to start one from NPC and then contacted all the groups we didn't have a name for locally and they gave us the local contact.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Same to above.

Step 1: we called NPC. They then gave us a rep to guide us through the process.

Step 2: promoted locally via word of mouth and through established alumnae chapters. Got confirmation from reps from as many groups as possible.

Step 3: For the groups that were left we contacted their HQs and let them know we were founding an APH and were still looking for reps from their organizations. Most of the HQs were more than willing to help us out. While there was some variation, in general they asked us to compose an email that included contact information for someone in our APH and then they forwarded that email to their local members. I'll be honest, the response here was spotty.

Step 4: once you have x amount of memberships and meet some easy criteria you submit an application to found the local chapter. The rep mentioned in Step 1 comes into play for this step.

Best of luck to you!! I have enjoyed getting to know members from so many other organizations and being involved in our local APH. Most of our membership, both initially and sustaining, has been via word of mouth. Someone invites someone who invites someone.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradesTrue View Post
Step 2: promoted locally via word of mouth and through established alumnae chapters. Got confirmation from reps from as many groups as possible.

Right after I had graduated, I lived in a smaller city and this is how we organized an Alumnae Panhellenic. We were never affiliated with the NPC formally, but were able to get started by women who knew each other. There were no dues, but we did elect officers. We met quarterly and formed committees so that we could gather names for recommendations and do a Pre-Recruitment Information Night for girls going off to college.