GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,188
3 members and 1,185 guests
Cookiez17, Xidelt

Old 09-09-2015, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Pi Phi Ree Drummond's Cookware/Dinnerware in Walmart

Since Ree Drummond is Greek (Pi Beta Phi), I thought this would be an interesting thread.
https://www.yahoo.com/food/ree-drumm...805433733.html

Product list:
http://www.walmart.com/cp/1231327?ad...00000039200610

Adding: Looking at the product list on the Walmart website -- most of it is already SOLD OUT and it just debuted this week!

Last edited by ChioLu; 09-09-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-09-2015, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I love all the flowery pieces!!!

I really hope Walmart restocks!
Old 09-09-2015, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I am pretty sure it will be restocked *unlike the Target/Lilly debacle. At least that is what I read on TPW's blog.

Yes I read it, because damn, those recipes. Started out with the cinnamon rolls (which are to die for!) and have actually bought her cookbooks (off Zulily). I like her food. It's great for potlucks and small gatherings. It has the AZTheta seal of approval. And my friends like it too.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 09-09-2015, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Love the designs, love the prices!! Why don't more cookware lines such as this realize that we need a mixing bowl with a spout? I have one in Tupperware, but can't make whipped cream in it.

Viva la Pioneer Woman!
Old 09-09-2015, 07:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Love her blog and have followed it since before she landed her book deal. I own her first cookbook and many of her recipes make an appearance in my dinner rotation. The cookware is so cute!

Anyone else following along with her blog in hopes to see if her daughter goes Greek?
Old 09-09-2015, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

She posted bid day pics on her blog...he daughter joined Delta Delta Delta.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
I am pretty sure it will be restocked *unlike the Target/Lilly debacle. At least that is what I read on TPW's blog.

Yes I read it, because damn, those recipes. Started out with the cinnamon rolls (which are to die for!) and have actually bought her cookbooks (off Zulily). I like her food. It's great for potlucks and small gatherings. It has the AZTheta seal of approval. And my friends like it too.
Anything you'd recommend for my DD's first bday party?? (Which will hopefully be a small gathering, although somehow I got roped into sending out 40 invitations. I'm still not sure how this happened.)
Old 09-09-2015, 11:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmoXO View Post
Anything you'd recommend for my DD's first bday party?? (Which will hopefully be a small gathering, although somehow I got roped into sending out 40 invitations. I'm still not sure how this happened.)
Work with me here. When is it? Do you have a theme? Will it be indoors or outdoors? What's your preferred meat? Do you like casseroles ("hot dishes")? How many sides do you want? Do you want to do all the work yourself or parcel out some of the sides?

I could go crazy with this, you know. Just need a little guidance, and I'll suggest some recipes. OR you could check out her blog for some ideas. Then you need to figure out your decorations to go along with the theme. Disposable plates and plastic ware and party cups (with markers available to have folks write their names on their solo cups). I'll leave the whole cake thing to you, or the grandparents or godparents or whatever.

I am a huge fan of "do it yourself" type setups or buffets (example: shredded pork or chicken or beef to use as a base for burritos). Then you have bowls full of all the condiments/add ons (chopped tomatoes, onions, avocado, corn, blah blah blah blah blah). Lots of small plate appetizers set out when guests arrive. Thinking non-alcoholic beverages, festive of course - but since it is a b-day for a one year old, ixnay on the alcohol.

Oh boy I'm all wound up now!
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 09-10-2015, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Let's see ... it's a 1-3 p.m. party on a Saturday (thus my desire for bagels is shot because the good place is closed for Shabbat). The theme is music. It should've been Frozen; my daughter is obsessed with the soundtrack.

Guest count is probably in the 25-30 range, not including babies. Guests include:

My parents, who will be annoyed if they see me eating any type of calorie because I'm still carrying baby weight.

Lots of vegetarians and people who keep kosher, so meatless is good. I have her mac and cheese on the docket because it's easy to make. I'm going to have a houseful of people underfoot, so I have to make easy stuff! (Parents, ILs, possibly my BFF from HS with her brood ... ack, that'll push the list past 30.)

No alcohol. I object to the cost more than the imbibing. People will have to watch college football with soda.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

For those of y'all who have put up with my incessant whining about DH's limited diet, he WILL eat the Pioneer Woman's French Toast Casserole!

That, my friends, is quite the endorsement!
Old 09-10-2015, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Dang you gave me a challenge. Kosher AND vegetarian AND low calorie? Holy Cow. I'm not sure Ree Drummond is a good choice, she's all about beef and hearty cowboy food! Maybe Sandra Lee could tackle this one. Going to check out the Barefoot Contessa and see what I can find for you.

hmmm - maybe just appetizers? Lots of small plates?
Old 09-10-2015, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
Dang you gave me a challenge. Kosher AND vegetarian AND low calorie? Holy Cow. I'm not sure Ree Drummond is a good choice, she's all about beef and hearty cowboy food! Maybe Sandra Lee could tackle this one. Going to check out the Barefoot Contessa and see what I can find for you.

hmmm - maybe just appetizers? Lots of small plates?
LOL, sorry. Not all of the above. No meat will take care of 99 percent of my problems.

I can't do anything about my parents -- "Ugh, cheese." "You're eating THAT?!" So I'll hard boil some eggs and be like, "Chow down."
Old 09-11-2015, 03:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
She posted bid day pics on her blog...he daughter joined Delta Delta Delta.
Rats, I missed that. But good for her daughter!
Old 09-22-2016, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I didn't buy Ree Drummond's cookware when it first came out, but it's getting some pretty good reviews, so think I'll get it now!
https://www.yahoo.com/news/pioneer-w...183710646.html
Old 12-11-2016, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Ree is now launching The Pioneer Woman magazine:
https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/pion...182753990.html