GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,241
1 members and 1,240 guests
No Members online

Old 10-20-2009, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonsInquiries View Post
well, i could've gone on & on & on & on & on with my post, but i just wanted to hit on what i thought were the "key" parts. i didn't mean to make it sound like "ALL men know how to love and most women dont", so i apologize for not making myself clear.

HOWEVER, i will ask all you guys this; the image that's been pinned on my beautiful sistas by not only society, but other black men and women (sistas' are LOUD, sistas' are COMPLICATED, sistas' are THIS, sistas' are THAT).......where on earth did it come from? the title of this thread is called "Are Black Women Scaring Off Black Men", so i wanted to keep it on topic. should you guys want to create a thread called "Are Black Men Scaring Off Black Women", i would probably respond to that thread just as much as i am to this thread.

the responses i get from this question is going to be interesting; and please don't tell me that the image just fell out the sky from the backroads of a hick town......lol.
I just can't agree with what's been posted (with the exception of the comments about the men) I'll just say this one last thing, and then I'm going to leave this thread be, at least on this topic. I don't really like pointing the finger at her because to me, in today's society, it's the black men and men period who are not taking their leadership roles in the family and are instead becoming passive and indecisive. His s/o is supposed to be valued and revered as an equal partner, but a lot of men lack the ability to appropriately love and value her, and only her. I don't really like getting into the race part when it comes to relationships, because what it comes down to is serving the other person. And this goes back to serving a woman who respects herself, because one who doesn't is going to clown rather you serve her or not. To say "black women" don't treat their men right, is wrong on every level. If a man is not happy with how she is treating him (black or white), then I think it's a good idea for HIM to check what kind of treatment he is giving her and that's because she responds to the treatment that she is being given.

I'm not going to get into any further discussions about it though. We're both entitled to our own opinions on the issue.
Romans 1:16
Old 10-20-2009, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
next time you come home we'll go over north and hang out. We can get a fried fish sammich and some chicken wings. K?
I'm not trying to crash on you all's reunion and all that, but can a young sista get in on the fish sammich program? I'll bring bean pies! lol. I'm hungry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libramunoz View Post
become like the dryer sheet--BOUNCE!
I said it yesterday and I'll say it again today: CLASSIC FOOL = EPIC FAIL!
idied @ the bolded!
Old 10-21-2009, 11:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonsInquiries View Post
well, i could've gone on & on & on & on & on with my post, but i just wanted to hit on what i thought were the "key" parts. i didn't mean to make it sound like "ALL men know how to love and most women dont", so i apologize for not making myself clear.

HOWEVER, i will ask all you guys this; the image that's been pinned on my beautiful sistas by not only society, but other black men and women (sistas' are LOUD, sistas' are COMPLICATED, sistas' are THIS, sistas' are THAT).......where on earth did it come from? the title of this thread is called "Are Black Women Scaring Off Black Men", so i wanted to keep it on topic. should you guys want to create a thread called "Are Black Men Scaring Off Black Women", i would probably respond to that thread just as much as i am to this thread.

the responses i get from this question is going to be interesting; and please don't tell me that the image just fell out the sky from the backroads of a hick town......lol.
All stereotypes come from somewhere (including those about Black men) but that doesn't mean that they are true in a great or majority capacity. This is what many don't seem to get. If you are being truthful, then it's really a shame that you've had such experiences but you have not met most Black women, so MOST would not be the right word to use. SOME according to your personal experiences would be more accurate. Perhaps it's the circles that you have been part of or perhaps it's you. Sometimes we all need to take inventory and look at ourselves; sometimes we are the problem or part of the problem. I'm not trying to be negative or funny either. Among the many books that have impacted my life immensely over the years, probably one of my top five is one by Osho (I've read many of his books), called "Journey to the Heart." This book will encourage you to be more calm, peaceful, and patient with people and yourself. I am a Humanist so I work at understanding people better since we are often too hard on ourselves and others (which is why sometimes I break down and help the trolls on GC...DrPhil sometimes scolds me for doing this...LOL!). Anyway, the book includes real life examples and stories of how one can change an outcome or circumstance merely by thinking before they react and changing their response or reaction to things. Individuals have the power to choose a social outcome in many cases. Although, I am still a work in progress and will always be, in some cases I try to stop and think first before reacting or responding to a situation or person. Sometimes more understanding and empathy is required but I have been able to change many outcomes by responding positively instead of negatively and offering solutions instead of being a part of the problem. Good luck to you in finding that Black woman that will change your mind if that's what you seek but I am blessed to have so many beautiful, intelligent, loving, and supportive Black women in my life.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
I just can't agree with what's been posted (with the exception of the comments about the men) I'll just say this one last thing, and then I'm going to leave this thread be, at least on this topic. I don't really like pointing the finger at her because to me, in today's society, it's the black men and men period who are not taking their leadership roles in the family and are instead becoming passive and indecisive. His s/o is supposed to be valued and revered as an equal partner, but a lot of men lack the ability to appropriately love and value her, and only her. I don't really like getting into the race part when it comes to relationships, because what it comes down to is serving the other person. And this goes back to serving a woman who respects herself, because one who doesn't is going to clown rather you serve her or not. To say "black women" don't treat their men right, is wrong on every level. If a man is not happy with how she is treating him (black or white), then I think it's a good idea for HIM to check what kind of treatment he is giving her and that's because she responds to the treatment that she is being given.

I'm not going to get into any further discussions about it though. We're both entitled to our own opinions on the issue.
I agree totally.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:41 AM
Banned

It seems time and time again, this is why most black men dont date black women your way to complex. I only gave my opion and here comes the hater of the year. You start on me as if you know me, yes most hoodrats can have a degree. I personaly know somone that has a degree. We all no we act different around whites, and just cause your a hoodrat doesnt mean you have to act like one all the time. Your a professional during the day and a hoe at night thats the way it is, but it goes back to show that who ever this person is that is responding to my thread is why most black men dont go out with black women. you want to clown me, and talk bad on me when your moma so fat and clumsy she was on her way to wal-mart and tripped over k-mart and landed on TARGET !! you can be mad at me cause your mama make godzilla look like an action figure. Why be mad at me, cause you cant grow it so you sew it. but you still get mad at me cause no one wants you and cause i speak the truth you dont want to accept that, and who ever you are anyone can act like there educated, doesnt mean you are.

so next time grown folks are talking shut the f up. you hood rat
Old 10-22-2009, 09:56 AM
GreekChat Member

To whom are you speaking?

Time to lock down.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 10-22-2009, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry Sorors,
I took time to think and realized that responding to a fool is a foolish thing in and of itself.
*sigh* regains sense of self
Time to think is a powerful thing and when done right, serves itself well. Since completing, I realized that I was foolish in my response as well. I took time to react rather than act wisely. Yes it is true what is said in James, the tongue, while such a small member, does tend to be full of fire and cause one great distress.

Distressed no more.

Last edited by libramunoz; 10-23-2009 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Took time to think
Old 10-22-2009, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

QUIT PLAYING THIS OUT ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD!!!!!

Mods, LOCK IT!
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 10-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Lastly, you are nothing more than a troll. Lemme tell you something, I don't like trolls....
This should've been the first and the last thing.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
*entertained*
Old 10-22-2009, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: the sleeper cab of my tractor trailer all over the 48
Send a message via Yahoo to jojapeach
Quote:
Truth,
I can barely read and muddle through what you've attempted to write. So here's the short and sweet of it for me.

First of all, YOU DON'T KNOW ME! You don't know jack diddly squat about me and you NEVER will! I WILL NOT explain MYSELF too you. However, don't EVER try to approach or reproach me in the same manner that you have, because YOU won't be able to handle the truth.

Second, you are a FOOL! You are idiotic, stupid, nomadic, and asinine! You are showing that you cannot write, think, or speak in any clear way that one would easily recognize as the English (or for that manner any countries) lauguage.

Thirdly, your "reproach" is exactly what you are, childish. Next time you want to play with a child, go back home and get your box of crayons and your coloring book! I am a grown woman, I don't play with children, I give them the a** whipping that they need.

Fourthly, you have no idea about what a Black Woman would, can, does want. Why ANY woman would be attracted by you, I have NO idea and don't want the clue. However, when meeting you, a Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, Pacific Islander, etc woman meets you, she needs to take a Prozac first. You are ignorant, classless, tasteless, and just plain crass. You have no skills, no game, and no reality in which to base what a woman would want, especially from you. You are like the scratch off game that didn't win, just a useless piece of paper.

Lastly, you are nothing more than a troll. Lemme tell you something, I don't like trolls, never did like those ugly as sin dolls. Again, I'm grown and tricks are for kids. I believe in what I grew up hearing, children should be seen and not heard. So stop playing around on Mommy's computer and learn that this is grown folks business, go outside and finish playing before it's your bathtime.
I know you don't expect someone who "writes" like truth to actually understand all of what you said. Even worse, you actually read and comprehended all of what that troll "wrote"? Seriously?

Truth, please use the internet to find some grammar tools. Honestly, your K-12 teachers should be under investigation for passing you. Typing fast is not an excuse for having no clue about most grammar concepts that 6th graders can grasp. (Not hating...just my inner English teacher stating the obvious.)
Old 10-22-2009, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: the sleeper cab of my tractor trailer all over the 48
Send a message via Yahoo to jojapeach
*clearing throat*

IN BEFORE THE LOCK!!!!
Old 10-23-2009, 03:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
that lock is taking forever to come so ima say

IBTL!!!

too. lol
Old 10-23-2009, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Another interesting thread screwed up.

*sigh*

IBTL

Old 10-24-2009, 02:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUTH 101 View Post
It seems time and time again, this is why most black men dont date black women your way to complex. I only gave my opion and here comes the hater of the year. You start on me as if you know me, yes most hoodrats can have a degree. I personaly know somone that has a degree. We all no we act different around whites, and just cause your a hoodrat doesnt mean you have to act like one all the time. Your a professional during the day and a hoe at night thats the way it is, but it goes back to show that who ever this person is that is responding to my thread is why most black men dont go out with black women. you want to clown me, and talk bad on me when your moma so fat and clumsy she was on her way to wal-mart and tripped over k-mart and landed on TARGET !! you can be mad at me cause your mama make godzilla look like an action figure. Why be mad at me, cause you cant grow it so you sew it. but you still get mad at me cause no one wants you and cause i speak the truth you dont want to accept that, and who ever you are anyone can act like there educated, doesnt mean you are.

so next time grown folks are talking shut the f up. you hood rat
Dude, do you have any clue what you just typed? Serious question.