GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 2,402
1 members and 2,401 guests
zagelpitto2616

Old 08-19-2002, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck tomorrow and keep us updated on which houses invite you back! Keep Smiling!

Jess
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-20-2002, 09:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Bump
Old 08-20-2002, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Getting ready to go back for the last part of round one. But this morning I went to AEPhi, ADPi, Phi MU, ZTA and Tri-Delt.

Okay here are the breakdowns:

The girls at AEPhi were really nice and sweet but I didnt feel like I fit in there.

The girls at ADPi were also super nice and super sweet and I really like it there. I could definitely see myself there.

Phi Mu was wonderful. The girls were super sweet and *real*. I had a wonderful conversation with the three girls, saw a girl from home and saw PhimuNursie holding the water tray. I wanted to say "hi from a GCer" but was unable to get it in.

I absolutely loved Tri-Delt and ZTA!!!!

So a recap of now I am in love with Tri-Delt, DG, ZTA, AOPi and ADPi. I also really like Phi Mu, AXO, & KKG.
Old 08-20-2002, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Forgot one, I really like Chi O too!!
Old 08-20-2002, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Great Rush Thread!!!

UF56,
Sounds like you're having a great recruitment so far! Congratulations. And of course I'm so happy to see my ADPi on your list!
You have amazing chapters to choose from at UF, it must be so exciting for you!!!
Thanks so much for your update, keep letting us in on the details, we love this!!!
Happy Rush and Good luck with everything!
Fraternally,
violets

Old 08-20-2002, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

i saw you!!!

I saw you today!! I really wanted to say hello and at least let you know I knew it was you, but I'm not allowed to say more than hi and thank you. That's what happens when you're an old alumna serving water. Anyway, cute outfit and I'm glad you had fun at your parties this morning! You looked like you were having fun, I hope it keeps up for you.

Best of luck...

Tara
I have a Phi Mu castle...
Old 08-20-2002, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you Tara for the nice comments!!!

Here's my udate:

I really liked KD a lot. Very nice and sweet, made me feel homey. At SK I talked to two girls who were very nice and saw Dale. We then went to DPhiE and the girls there were also nice but I dont think that I really felt comfortable there. We then went to Theta and they messed up their pop up skit and we all started laughing nonstop. I really made it a relaxing time. On another note I was unable to get my grade situation fixed and am very worried because I really like ADPi and Theta and know that both will cut because they have the wrong GPA and not the right one!!!
I also worried the Tri-Delt and ZTA do grade cuts to. I am so scared because Tri-Delt is one of my favorites and the minute I walked in I just felt like this is a place for me.
Old 08-20-2002, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDHoney
Thanks for updating us! Glad you're lovin' KD, but it sounds like your having a good time overall!
Old 08-20-2002, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm sorry, what was your GPA again?
Old 08-20-2002, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

It's listed as a 2.43 because I took some classes this summer and was supposed to a W in a class because I took on too many credits for the summer (15). So this class is listed as an E when it is supposed to be a W. But if it were a W my GPA would be a 3.01. BIG DIFFERENCE!!!
Old 08-20-2002, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I see and there's NOTHING that can be done about it? I mean that's a huge difference! How crazy that it isn't fixed for you yet.

Tara
I have a Phi Mu castle...
Old 08-20-2002, 11:06 PM
GreekChat Member

THe Pi CHi's said to get a letter from an advisor telling them about the change. I emailed and stopped inbetween parties but my majors department chair resigned and today and yesterday all advisors of my major and are required to be in interviews all day long. So I havent gotten any response. And the interviews are over after today. So I am really frustrated. Since it is a grade change from them, I cant get a letter from Criser b/c it's not posted yet and my teacher for the class was a grad student and I cant get ahold of him either. But as my Pi Chi said things happen for a reason and told me to try to find a bright side of it. Which I am having a hard time seeing. I put my right GPA on the application, I don't know if the houses get that or a printed list from UF.
Old 08-20-2002, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
Goodness! well girl I hope youre havng a blast you sure sound like you are! keep us posted good luck!

Nichole
Old 08-21-2002, 03:51 AM
GreekChat Member

I know it is hard not to focus on the grades but it sounds like you have done everything in your power to rectify the situation and that is all you can do. Concentrate on things that you can control. Good luck with the rest of rush and keep your head up!
Old 08-21-2002, 09:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for all the support!!! I really really appreciate it. Well I am off to see who invited me back!!