GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,128
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, baadamashtolzea
» Online Users: 1,417
2 members and 1,415 guests
No Members online

Old 02-12-2004, 09:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kayla0deegee
Does This Happen At Your School?

Ok at my school we have formal rush in the fall, but we have a major problem with a certain sorority telling girls to suicide them on pref day. they tell them that they want them really bad and that there is no need to put anything else down. the only reason they do this is so they get top pick of girls. no we know this is dirty rushing but really is there anything you can do about it? is this a problem at anyone else's school? also sometimes they tell them to drop out of formal completely and they'll pick them up during COB right after bid day. WTF??????
Old 02-12-2004, 09:51 AM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
If it bothers you enough, your chapter should file a grievance against the sorority within 24 hours of the event taking place. NPC has rules to deal with these issues.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

That is completely against the rules! They should get an infraction for that! As a former Formal Recruitment Chair and RVP of my chapter there is no doubt in my mind that is dirty and "illegal" rushing!!!!! They need reported to your greek advisor! Look in the NPC recruitment rules for a better explanation of how they are breaking the rules!

Oh man...I had to click edit and add more! This post makes me so mad! Your greek advisor needs to wake up and smell the coffee is this is going on under their nose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ADPiAkron; 02-12-2004 at 10:01 AM.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Does This Happen At Your School?

Quote:
Originally posted by kayla0deegee
Ok at my school we have formal rush in the fall, but we have a major problem with a certain sorority telling girls to suicide them on pref day. they tell them that they want them really bad and that there is no need to put anything else down. the only reason they do this is so they get top pick of girls. no we know this is dirty rushing but really is there anything you can do about it? is this a problem at anyone else's school? also sometimes they tell them to drop out of formal completely and they'll pick them up during COB right after bid day. WTF??????

Im pretty sure that what (is?) the case at my school-- why 150 women sign up for recruitment, and at the end, only 80 or so get matched-- yet the ones who dropped out or suicided and didnt get a bid somehow wound up in a chapter the next day. We never knew for sure, and we couldnt prove it if we tried, but i think thats the problem with formal recruitment at my school, and why COB is so big here.