GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,227
1 members and 2,226 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 08-14-2021, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Is the recruitment thread not coming back this year? I have to admit, I'm slightly addicted to that thread.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-14-2021, 07:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVASquirrel View Post
Is the recruitment thread not coming back this year? I have to admit, I'm slightly addicted to that thread.
If you're speaking of irishpipes yearly recruitment and chapters listing, I notice she began it last year on August 16th. And she did mention, within past 3 years, she got married and wouldn't be as fast/active with updates. One can tell it DOES require a lot of work!

Anyone with deeper/further info on the possibility of a 2021-22 list?

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 08-14-2021, 08:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
If you're speaking of irishpipes yearly recruitment and chapters listing, I notice she began it last year on August 16th. And she did mention, within past 3 years, she got married and wouldn't be as fast/active with updates. One can tell it DOES require a lot of work!

Anyone with deeper/further info on the possibility of a 2021-22 list?
:

Yep...exactly the list I'm referring to! I look forward to it every year! And, yes, so appreciative that she takes the time to do it every year!! It has got to be a tremendous about of work!!
Old 08-15-2021, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

What on earth is all this about women sharing their recruitments on TikTok and now psychos are threatening the women (I have no clue why) on Bid Day and elsewhere?
Old 08-15-2021, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

I’ve been following the TikToks and having a blast with them. They are like recruitment stories but they are all being cautious about which houses they were invited to. The number of golden geese shoes and Kendra Scott jewelry is crazy.
Old 08-15-2021, 12:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I’ve been following the TikToks and having a blast with them. They are like recruitment stories but they are all being cautious about which houses they were invited to. The number of golden geese shoes and Kendra Scott jewelry is crazy.
Speaking of Kendra Scott, this article popped up for me yesterday. I had never even heard of this jewelry line until this week. Apparently recruitment is really helping the business.

https://www.businessinsider.com/univ...ers-2021-8?amp

@~/~~~~
Old 08-15-2021, 12:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
What on earth is all this about women sharing their recruitments on TikTok and now psychos are threatening the women (I have no clue why) on Bid Day and elsewhere?
There was one heavily hyped TikTok PNM who got released everywhere after it came out that she had a embarrassing video online. Then Panhellenic starting getting death threats from people who thought she was unfairly targeted.
Old 08-15-2021, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I believe I read that AL bid day reveal will be at 2 PM EST today, 8/15. Will it be available online to watch or stream?
Old 08-15-2021, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LXA SE285 View Post
There was one heavily hyped TikTok PNM who got released everywhere after it came out that she had a embarrassing video online. Then Panhellenic starting getting death threats from people who thought she was unfairly targeted.
That’s crazy. As much as I enjoy being a fly in the wall to watch things like this, sometimes I think people just throw their privacy out the window and forget there are unhinged people in the world...

Bring back anonymous GC recruitment stories!
Old 08-15-2021, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGD-GRAD View Post
I believe I read that AL bid day reveal will be at 2 PM EST today, 8/15. Will it be available online to watch or stream?
No
Old 08-15-2021, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I did see some on the sororities' instagrams. I do remember in 2019 they did upload a brief clip show of the run to the houses

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 08-16-2021, 09:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LXA SE285 View Post
She was also the one bi-racial PNM who was posting on TikTok. That probably led to some of the accusations that she was unfairly targeted given Bama's history with this.
Old 08-16-2021, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
2515 registered for recruitment this year - expect to give out 2400 bids tomorrow...
Love that high percentage!

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 08-16-2021, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Here's a post from the girl who was dropped. It explains everything. https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMRRWqyoA/
Old 08-16-2021, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
Love that high percentage!
Anyone know what quota was?