GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 1,420
2 members and 1,418 guests
bmilesqtivaov13, naraht

Old 05-29-2013, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorority Sugar Legacy Recruitment Story

http://sororitysugar.tumblr.com/post...-i-was-a#notes

Saw this on the blog today, thought it was relevant.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator

It was a great story but...you can't always "trust the system". Many of us old-timers know dozens of girls who slipped through the cracks, especially at larger schools. They kept on plugging away, they went to all their parties, they had great resumes and reputations, and they ended up bidless.

Not trying to be an aguafiestas, just cautioning PNMs not to throw their whole hearts into the process and believe that some superior recruitment being is watching out for them. Anything can happen, y'all.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:17 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm glad things worked out for her. I suppose there is a bit of a back story that she doesn't know about.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 05-29-2013, 09:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Cutting an in house legacy is harsh. Owie. I think the message of the story is true though and that almost everyone will end up with a bid if they keep an open mind. A lot of the PNMs who say they end up bidless really dropped out when they didn't like what they had left and that is a big shame!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't think I'd have the nerve to cut an in house legacy. Tis harsh indeed.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
I don't think I'd have the nerve to cut an in house legacy. Tis harsh indeed.
It happened to a friend's little sister (biological.) Friend had pissed off the girl who became Recruitment Chair, so right after first round baby sister was cut. Baby Sister vowed revenge, and became President of another Chapter just two years later. May I add that baby sister was rich, beautiful. popular, and gorgeous? Sometimes people like that Recruitment Chair shoot themselves in their own foot trying to take it out on others.

Last edited by MaryPoppins; 05-29-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
It happened to a friend's little sister (biological.) Friend had pissed off the girl who became Recruitment Chair, so right after first round baby sister was cut. Baby Sister vowed revenge, and became President of another Chapter just two years later. May I add that baby sister was rich, beautiful. popular, and gorgeous? Sometimes people like that Recruitment Chair shoot themselves in their own foot trying to take it out on others.
The girl would have to be a felon before I'd want to.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
The girl would have to be a felon before I'd want to.
As for that Recruitment Chair, well . . . 1) TG she is not my Sister; 2) Some people just weren't raised right if you know what I mean.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:48 PM

When I was active, I saw a couple in-houses be cut from their sister's chapters. All ended up sticking it out with recruitment and being great assets to the chapters they went on to join. I find that it hurts Older Sister's relationship with her chapter far more than Little Sister is hurt by it.

There is a pair that I'm still FB friends with from college. When her sister was cut during my last recruitment, the older sister resigned from her officer position. She is not involved with her organization (locally or otherwise) at all today (this is like, 7 years later) because of it. Meanwhile, younger sister is an active alumna with the org she ended up joining and likely has not given recruitment a second thought since college.

Lakers Nation.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low C Sharp View Post
Cutting an in-house legacy is harsh at, say, Alabama. Cutting an in-house legacy at the University of Maine is downright weird. You have to wonder whether big sister, well, felt her little sister would be a better fit for another chapter. (The big sister's chapter is a very desirable one on that campus.)
That's what I'm thinking. Or maybe little sister confided to her Mom that she liked DZ but would go APhi because of her sister...

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 05-30-2013, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

We had an unusual situation in my chapter many moons ago. One of our members had a full bio sister AND a half sister going through recruitment. She very much wanted her half-sister to pledge, but not the full sister. That's exactly how it worked out. I'll admit it felt awkward to some of us extending a bid to one and not the other, but our sister proved right. Her half-sister was such a great fit, but the full sister was better suited elsewhere.