GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,327
4 members and 2,323 guests
arobertspetrova, bpatrickmtexaxd

Old 11-30-2009, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
There is no kinda to it...
lol
Really tacky?
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-30-2009, 08:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Bingo.
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 11-30-2009, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Bingo.
lol
Old 11-30-2009, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Not as tacky as refusing to sit with your friend, and then moving mid-movie.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappamd View Post
Not as tacky as refusing to sit with your friend, and then moving mid-movie.
I didn't move mid-movie. I said she was done before the previews started.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nikki1920 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1920
Quote:
I agree...that IS annoying...either eat before or after the flick..if you are that pressed buy theater food.

Smuggle in candy not a whole dayum meal.
I brought in a Whopper when I went to see New Moon. I wait until it gets loud to open the bag. The guy next to me, who saw what I was doing, laughed and pulled out his McDonald's. Midnight or later, I tend to bring in food. Regular times, well, it really depends on the theater.

DS, you'd leave me if I had food when we go to see H&K 3?! *sniff, sniff* lol..

IF THIS STUPID ANTI VIRUS THING POPS UP ONE MO' 'GIN!!!!!! Hurry up, AVG, do your magic.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1920 View Post
I brought in a Whopper when I went to see New Moon. I wait until it gets loud to open the bag. The guy next to me, who saw what I was doing, laughed and pulled out his McDonald's. Midnight or later, I tend to bring in food. Regular times, well, it really depends on the theater.

DS, you'd leave me if I had food when we go to see H&K 3?! *sniff, sniff* lol..

IF THIS STUPID ANTI VIRUS THING POPS UP ONE MO' 'GIN!!!!!! Hurry up, AVG, do your magic.
Yeah Nikki...keep that dayum bag QUIET!!!!

H&K 3...fah real tho?

and what did you do to ur PC NOW?
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 11-30-2009, 09:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaDancer View Post
The interview was scheduled to last 2 hours, but lasted only 11 minutes before one of the men conducting the interview told me they wouldn't be hiring me because I'm "too bubbly" and should be doing something "more charming and less serious."
TD I'm so sorry, but I just had to laugh because you sound like me. I've had several positions as a camp counselor, but in the last one (when I was 20 or so) I was fired on my second day because I was " not perky enough." Maybe we should've switched. It boggles my mind how people can judge your job readiness on something like that!!!

And she had the nerve to say "I know you're a really spiritual person so maybe you can find comfort in that." Ummm I love God very much but you just FIRED me, don't give me that crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1920 View Post
Get EVERY decision made in WRITING!!

signed,
been there done that.
Update: So the handbook was ambiguous. One sentence says a B- passing and the very next says it's failing. I appealed to the PD and he said "You clearly failed, the handbook says." I KNEW he would do that. However, I can petition that decision. I had the IT desk help me pull up the old emails from the prof saying that I passed (the school email automatically deletes messages that have been there longer than a month so thank God IT was able to recall them). I'm submitting it as evidence that I didn't retake the class only because I was told that it wasn't necessary. And that prof wrote to the PD on my behalf today, admitting he told me I had passed. We'll see how that flies.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl

Last edited by christiangirl; 11-30-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

And for the record, I bring food to the theaters all the time. No one's ever said it's bothered them, in fact I've shared fries with strangers. There's a theater in NJ that my friend took me to and they allow outside food. People were pulling out sandwiches, wings, and everything else. It's amazing what you can fit in the "movie purse."

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 11-30-2009, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

daaaaats gheeeetttoooooo......HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
Old 11-30-2009, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Lmao at all yall.

I dunno, in my head, difference between bringing in McDonalds and a tupperware of jerk chicken and peas and rice. Now THAT I'd feel some kinda way about.

And if your friend was going to be done before the movie started why didn't she eat it at McD? Even still, its the previews-youre not missing much.

There are bigger movie faux-pas: crying babies (or babies at all), cell phones ringing, kicking chairs... I'd be more bothered by someone chewing really loudly.

Cut your friend some slack.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post
Lmao at all yall.

I dunno, in my head, difference between bringing in McDonalds and a tupperware of jerk chicken and peas and rice. Now THAT I'd feel some kinda way about.

And if your friend was going to be done before the movie started why didn't she eat it at McD? Even still, its the previews-youre not missing much.

There are bigger movie faux-pas: crying babies (or babies at all), cell phones ringing, kicking chairs... I'd be more bothered by someone chewing really loudly.

Cut your friend some slack.
I guess that's what makes us all different. I just think it's tacky to eat outside meals in the theater, and she knows it annoys me. She doesn't do it when she's with me, this time she happened to be hungry, I guess.

I agree with you about annoying kids and people who aren't considerate of others, as well as people who don't have very good manners when they eat.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post

But that's just it...some people are NOT that considerate. I mean the movie isn't all that much, but have a lil class...

But you know, in Vancouver, they have theaters that SERVE McDs...only then would it be ok....LOL
Old 11-30-2009, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
But that's just it...some people are NOT that considerate. I mean the movie isn't all that much, but have a lil class...
Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....
Old 11-30-2009, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Hungry folks here just go to Studio Movie Grill or Movie Tavern.