GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,151
2 members and 1,149 guests
LarryByday

Old 01-11-2001, 05:23 PM
Unregistered-

Hi Sarah, this is Sandy from Delta Sigma. Since the spring semester is usually hectic, we've decided to keep our rush events toned down. We've got the AGD Barbecue scheduled first, and that's going to happen at a bbq pit in a central area of the dorms, so I'm sure it'll attract a lot of girls. Second's the Squirrel Soiree, and I don't know what activities we're going to do yet. Last, we're going to have the AGD Luau..always a favorite. But this year we'll be getting red, yellow, and green sarongs to match our AGD shirts. We've used standard Preference ceremonies in the past, but last semester we used the one entitled "In the Light of Love". I think that's what it's called, and last semester it added a beautiful touch to Preference.

I don't think we've heard anything about Alpha chapter. Here in Hawaii despite recent communication breakthroughs within the past two centuries we still get news late! Our chapter is fairly smaller than those on the mainland, currently we have about 25 girls because we lost a few to graduation. I have a feeling this recruitment is going to bring us a lot of girls.

It's always great to see more and more sisters here on GreekChat. I've already accepted the fact that I'm an addict!

AGDLAM!
Sandy

------------------
*I'm an Alpha Gam...Yes I am, Yes I am!*
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-12-2001, 12:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink Hey there AGD

Hey! This is Sarah from Theta Iota. I was just wondering, what type of rushes do you all have? We have frills and three nights of parties. I am our VPR and was wondering what everyone else goes through. We have ours the week before school starts in the fall but I wish it was deferred. Has anyone heard anything about the Alpha Chapter? I heard that they were in need of some help for rush because of low numbers. Next year we are hoping to get our numbers up too. How many women are in your all's chapter? we have 40. Anyways, just some thoughts. Check out alphagam.net If anyone has some really great ideas for preference getters let me know, we are revamping ours. I also want to say thanks to Julie from EKU's chapter for sending me a copy of their theme skit. We have some great sisters out there, and don't let anyone tell you any different!

------------------
If your going to go greek, why not be a goddess?
Old 02-13-2001, 03:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to canadajen
Hello from Vancouver everyone!! I'm not too sure what is going on with the Alpha chapter, but I should be finding out very shortly -- I'm flying out east tomorrow for our reading break, & will be visiting there chapter for a few days next week.

I don't know about anywhere else, but here it is midterm season ... good luck to anyone writing them this week (I know the feeling 4* over!!) Back to the books ...

LiEP,
Jen

Delta Zeta'97

Old 02-16-2001, 09:19 PM
Unregistered-

Hey Jen!

Let us know what you find out with Alpha Chapter! Hey, are you going to Convention this year?

LiEP,
Sandy

------------------
*I'm an Alpha Gam...Yes I am, Yes I am!*