GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,276
4 members and 1,272 guests
John, PrettyBoy, Xidelt

Old 08-23-2016, 12:50 AM
Banned

Bake Sales?

Hi Everyone!

I'm doing research into a project I'm working on in the sorority fundraising realm -- mostly bake sales....

Has anyone's chapter ever had a bake sale? How did it go? What kind of challenges did you face?

Look forward to everyone's responses!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-25-2016, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

It's been over thirty years, but yes my chapter and our school panhellenic would periodically have bake sales. Hungry classmates were always willing to pick up fresh baked cookies, brownies etc..

If you choose to have it on campus you need to check with your student government/student affairs office to see if there are permits/fees/food safety policies etc.. that need to be addressed. Once that is done I'd concentrate on publicity, then try to get an inventory of what will be offered for sale. You don't want everyone bringing the same item. Good luck!
Old 08-26-2016, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

You don't want to have any fundraiser that "cannabalizes" your own group. Before you try ANY fundraiser, you need to focus on how much money you want to make, and the time frame. Bake sales are a time-intensive one day event, yet there's an awful lot of planning involved. You may want to read this: Do School Bake Sales Really Bring in the Dough?
Old 08-29-2016, 10:41 PM
Banned

Bake Sales

Yes, thank you very much for your responses.

The idea is online bake sales.

Sort of like a combo of etsy/ebay for good causes and for baked goods.

People would collect pledges for donations with pictures and descriptions and then create a store or auction and market the sale through the internet....

it's coming together quickly: homebaked.co

the customer facing design is coming, and most of the back end functions of setting up fundraiser is there.

look forward to your feedback and advice.