GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,536
1 members and 1,535 guests
annetaedarky158

Old 12-04-2002, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KaylaKD
Recruitment Clothes

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any good ideas for 1st day recruitment clothes. This past year we wore block letter shirts with khaki capris, but I have been told that block letters are not "cool" here at Texas A&M anymore, does anyone have a trendy outfit that worked well?

AOT, Kayla

Kappa Delta
Eta Alpha
Texas A&M
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-04-2002, 11:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow, I can't imagine block letters not being cool! We wear them the first round, and philanthropy t-shirts the second, so I'm not much help. I remember a few years ago ADPi did a disney theme, and wore black pants with colorful shirts. Another year they wore black pants and white button down shirts. It was cute and went along with their themes.
Old 12-05-2002, 03:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to sfasammy Send a message via AIM to sfasammy
Block letters as in stitched letters? At Stephen F. Austin State University they are popular among girls but not with guys. Guys wear them during pledgeship but rarely afterwards.
Old 12-05-2002, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

One of the chapters on our campus got baby doll tees (black, I think, or maybe pink) with their letters spelled out in rhinestones in a cute font across the chest. As much as I hate to admit it, they were really cute.
Old 12-05-2002, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

shirts

this year we made shirts that had Alpha Sigma Tau written across them in cursive silver letters, the shirts were black. The thing that made them different though was the style. We have alot of girls that are different sizes, some are tall, some are short, some have long torsos, or big boobs, anyway you get my point, so we went to a greek store and everyone picked out there own black shirt. We looked so much better because everyone had a chance to express them selves and the kind of clothing that they like yet we were all the same and everyone looked good in their shirts.
Old 12-05-2002, 01:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
One chapter I know got these adorable stretchy polos and had their letters done in rhinestones on the right hand over the heart. They were cute!! Another group got baseball shirts with little letters embroidered. There is so much now.
Old 12-05-2002, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

LOVE IT!

I love the idea of each girl picking out her own black shirt and then having the same letters embroidered or printed. Awesome! I have to admit....it was so hard to look a PNM in the eye and try to convince her how diverse and different and accepting we were while wearing the exact same outfits! Great Idea!!!!!
Old 12-06-2002, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello,

My house also did the rhinestone thing this year. We actually got both black and white shirts and matched them up with cute jean skirts and black sandals. The girls looked great, and since they were dressed femininely they felt beautiful.

Good luck!
Old 12-07-2002, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, I must say that I find it a little weird to proclaim how diverse we are when we look like carbon copies.. But it's all good fun.
Old 12-07-2002, 08:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
we have done special shirts for our philanthropy round and are the only house on campus that does....they are either navy blue, yellow (gold) or light blue with AZD written in some cool lettering in the middle of the tee in the front. on the back, there are two kid hand prints and our last name written over it, and choose children underneath.
Old 12-27-2002, 01:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to oceanphi01
I know this past fall, the first night of formal recruitment we wore nice khaki pants and a nice button-up white blouse/shirt with clean shoes and our pin (of course). We thought of wearing black pants with the white shirt. Good luck with recruitment!

Green, green the ivy twines...
Old 12-28-2002, 03:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaXiAsh
The first day of recruitment at UCF is called spirit day...so every house has on either black and gold or some kind of shirt that says UCF on it...in one chapter, each girl had on a different color of a skittle and UCF embroidered on the shirt...it was so bright colored and fantastic...

I remember during recruitment one day (i think it was video day)alpha xi wore collared button down blouses with black pants...they could be any color, as long as they were nice looking...you know the kind of blouses they sell Express, in bright colors...I remember lots of fuschia and teal and purple (we're talking about doing that again this year, it was really cute)...for philanthropy day, they wore their jerseys (i know a lot of schools don't do the jersey thing, its a shirt with embroidered letters on the front and a bunch of other stuff on the back...every family has a different jersey so the room looked really diverse)...there wasn't a day in alpha xi where everyone was wearing the exact same thing, which was really cool...

i can't wait until rush! i'm rush assistant and we're going to start planning soon for fall so I love reading these ideas!

Last edited by AlphaXiAsh; 12-28-2002 at 03:30 AM.
Old 12-28-2002, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to astroAPhi
Speaking of the skittle thing, two years ago for Formal Recruitment we had our "Teddy Bear Picnic". We had t-shirts made with teddy bear material for our letters. The t-shirts were different colors (blue, yellow, red, and maybe one other color). What was funny is that I think they might have actually signified our "bumping" groups, but I'm not sure. Anyway, it was really cute and showed a little uniqueness (about as unique as you can get during Formal Recruitment).

If you guys do a fun theme, my favorite every year has been "Island PHI-ver". We got cute shirts that said "Island Phi-ver" on them and wore beachwear, like sarongs, board shorts, flip-flops. I always like seeing what my sisters show up in and I think it's our most fun party. We decorated with beach towels and stuff like that. It's super cute!

TKE Omicron Nu Chapter Sweetheart 2003
Old 01-01-2003, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

recruitment tees

we did rhinestone letters on three different colors and styles. each sister was allowed to pick color and style and size so everyone was happy. mygreekletters.com was the company we used and they were very flexible.