GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,538
2 members and 2,536 guests
fmanning

Old 08-24-2013, 10:59 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ Me, too!
Old 08-25-2013, 07:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Round 3 Schedule

Just got back from getting my schedule. Lots of heavy cuts today. I got invited back to

Aquarius
Sagittarius
Taurus

I'm sad to see Capricorn and Cancer go, but I'm wicked excited to have Sagittarius back!! I will give away a little bit of what chapter Sagittarius is and say that they have a national policy of legacies going to pref getting put on the first bid list automatically, so if they were going to cut me it was either going to be today or tomorrow. Now I'm even more nervous for tomorrow!

My Friend Number One (had six chapters yesterday) got asked back to:

Taurus
Aquarius

She really likes Aquarius and I have a feeling she'll end up going there.
Friend Number Two (nine parties yesterday) got asked back to:

Taurus
Aquarius

She is going to stick it out through today but is really unsure if she'll continue the process, since she doesn't think Taurus likes her for herself and has ranked them last in every ranking she has made so far. She also felt like Aquarius only wants her because her sister is an Aquarius, but she liked them a lot better and is happy to go back there. I hope she has a wonderful time today and is convinced to stick with it.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Have a great day today! I'm rooting for your legacy house, but it's also cool that you and your friends could still become sisters together in Aquarius.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:21 AM
GreekChat Member

clemsongirl,
I know you are disappointed but look at it this way....Aquarius, Sagittarius, and Taurus see something special in you! They see you as a sister! The others didn't. Don't dwell on that. Look to the future and see the positives!

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 08-25-2013, 08:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck clemsongirl -- hoping all of your parties today are wonderful!
Old 08-25-2013, 10:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Sisterhood Part One

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement! I just got back from my first party and since I have a gigantic break between this one and the next one (my next party is at 5:30 PM!) I figured I'd type some now.

I went to Aquarius this morning, and I loved it! This chapter has seriously grown on me through recruitment. I've gone from ranking them in my bottom three the first night to seriously considering being a sister there, and I am so happy about this. The skit was super cute and clearly showed how much they all cared about each other. The actives I talked to were nice and I totally clicked with the last one. I hope that I'll get to see them at prefs tomorrow!

Also on a side note the three chapters I have left have three of my favorite badges, especially Aquarius, so I feel like no matter which one I get I'm all set for a beautiful badge

ETA: Not so much a weird rush story as a weird rush observation, but there was a PNM in my party today who had what was clearly a Lilly Pulitzer Delta Gamma wristlet. Like, had the anchors and the DG on it and everything. I'm sure she's not actually a member of Delta Gamma but that just makes it weirder to have since she isn't one, and even weirder that she's wearing it to recruitment for other chapters!

Last edited by clemsongirl; 08-25-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsongirl View Post
ETA: Not so much a weird rush story as a weird rush observation, but there was a PNM in my party today who had what was clearly a Lilly Pulitzer Delta Gamma wristlet. Like, had the anchors and the DG on it and everything. I'm sure she's not actually a member of Delta Gamma but that just makes it weirder to have since she isn't one, and even weirder that she's wearing it to recruitment for other chapters!
I'm a tour guide at my school, and last year one of the girls who was getting a tour during my time slot had a DG Lilly wristlet. I thought she might be a potential transfer and wanted to ask, but I lost her when she went with another tour group and tried to forget about it.

After my tour was over, I ran to the nearby cafe to grab a coffee and she and her mom were there looking for something. I helped them out, and then asked her if she was thinking about transferring because whaddya know, we have a DG chapter on campus and I'm actually a sister there. She looked at me like I was nuts and told me she was a junior in high school. So I asked her about the wristlet and she told me it was very popular in her hometown and she just happens to really like anchors and pink. She had no idea it was part of a greek collection even though it clearly has Delta Gamma all over it

At least now she knows!

for hope, for strength, for life
Old 08-25-2013, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Yikes...definitely a faux pas!

Can't wait to hear how your last two parties went!
Old 08-25-2013, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Sisterhood Part Two

Just got back from the Sagittarius party and I absolutely LOVED it!! The skit was super funny and really showed how much the girls cared about each other and their sorority. I was smiling and laughing the entire time! We were then encouraged to do something small for the philanthropy which was the same thing my mom and I have always done so I was happy to talk about that with the active who was rushing me. The president and VP of recruitment again stopped by to say how glad they were to see me again too. I instantly clicked with the second girl rushing me and we had the most wonderful conversation. My mother and best friend are super excited for me and I really hope I will be back tomorrow! I am trying to keep my expectations in check but it is so hard not to fall in love with this group!
Old 08-25-2013, 06:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Can't wait to hear more. Such a spread out day!

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 08-25-2013, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I hope your last party is going well!

(Check out my response to you in the Finding Your Letters... thread. My daughter smiled at your post, too.)
Old 08-26-2013, 01:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Last One!

Sciencewoman, they took my breath away! I made my mom drive all over campus looking for them because I just HAD to see them before we left campus. I kept saying while we were driving around, "Mom! I could have LIVED here!"

Back to our regularly scheduled programming, folks! After much ranking drama amongst my Pi Chi group we have finally put in our decisions and now will wake up again for a 7 AM schedule delivery.

My final party tonight was Taurus. To recap, I had a really good time with them the first night and a really bad time with them the second night, so I didn't know which Taurus was going to show up this time around. I was afraid of being double-rushed while standing in line outside of the party because the girl I would have been paired with was being a complainy witch, so I was happy just to start out by not being double-rushed and forced to spend any more time with a girl who so clearly did not want to be there. The active who I talked to first ended up being from my home state, which was wicked exciting! Part of me refuses to believe that it was a coincidence but she seemed so surprised when I told her we were from the same state that she might not have known where I was from. Their skit was cute but the fact that I am just not connecting with their philanthropy prevented me from enjoying the parts of the skit talking about the philanthropy, so I was lukewarm about the skit overall. Taurus was also by far the most expensive house, which didn't endear them to me any more. The dance routine-and I was surprised to find that apparently each sorority includes a choreographed dance routine with their skit regardless of how much sense it makes with the plot-was well done, though. The second active I talked to was super bubbly and fun, so I left this house feeling more good than bad about it.

Because I only had three groups left tonight and we can go back to a maximum of three I did not have to rank any, but I have a clear order in my mind:
Sagittarius
Aquarius
Taurus

I am a little worried about getting invited back to Taurus tomorrow because I would feel bad about joining a group when I didn't really care for its philanthropy, but I will be heartbroken if I don't get Sagittarius. I wouldn't choose Aquarius first but I definitely know I would be happy there.

Random musings/updates: Friend Number One loves Aquarius and can really see herself there, but she just isn't feeling it with Taurus. I haven't talked to Friend Number Two but I won't be surprised if she drops or has already done so and I'm just not aware of it. Cuts were really heavy among my PX group-since we're all at least sophomores a lot of us were left with only one or two groups, although a couple had a full schedule or close to it. One of my other friends who is a sophomore (we'll call her Friend Number Three for consistency's sake) caught up with me today and I found out that she was invited back to
Aquarius
Sagittarius
Libra
Virgo
and I believe she ranked Aquarius as her first choice to be dropped should she get the other three chapters back.

My only super awkward rush story happened to a girl in my PX group: she was talking to a Taurus active who was discussing all the frat parties she had been to and how she had ruined her dress by spilling beer on it after going out after her formal sophomore year. It made me uncomfortable just to think about it!
Old 08-26-2013, 09:08 AM
GreekChat Member

I hope all is well!
Old 08-26-2013, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

It is! I am on my phone so I can't do a detailed post but when I get to my laptop in a second I will update!
Old 08-26-2013, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Prefs!!

Okay I'm finally here! Between the start of the Georgia game ticket pick-up and the snafu that has been schedule distribution I have had a very busy day, but now I can happily report that I will be attending preference round today at
Aquarius

and tomorrow at
Sagittarius!!!

My Pi Chi group met at 7 AM this morning to get our schedules, but they weren't ready yet. Our lovely Pi Chi texted us to let everyone know that schedules weren't going to be ready until at least 8, so I went to Starbucks and on my way there passed through the student union where at least 30 Pi Chis were waiting to receive their girls' schedules as well. Finally she texted us again to say that she would just send us all pictures of our schedule sheets when she got them because they still were not ready. I went to my 9:05 class and at about 9:40 got a text that was a picture of my schedule! I didn't want to look at it during class because I didn't know how I would react so I waited until class was over and then sprinted into the bathroom to read it.

I am SO HAPPY that I'm going back to Sagittarius! I immediately texted my best friend and mom and they were equally thrilled! My boyfriend was happy for me as well although it doesn't mean as much to him personally. I'm also really happy to be invited back to Aquarius because they seem like a close, meaningful sisterhood. I'm also a little glad I got dropped by Taurus because I'd rather have a girl who truly wants to join them go to preference and get put on their bid list than me.

Update on my friends: Friend Number One is only preffing at Aquarius and is really happy about them, and Friend Number Two hadn't gotten her schedule yet when I saw her this morning but seemed interested in continuing recruitment. I haven't run into Friend Number Three yet to ask her how she's doing.

Thank you everyone for the well-wishes and I will let y'all know how my first party goes tonight!